U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 12:44 PM

5,654 posts, read 5,622,218 times

Advertisements

Just outta curiosity, and please answer honestly: Who here went to church today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The good news that God is not holding the sins of anyone against them does seem to offend some Christians in a big way.
You forgot to add: As long as we confess our sins, repent and become Born Again. If we don't our sins condemn us to eternity in hell.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:48 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What do you mean by this? Jesus said, "I am the way..." not a way, the way. You seem to ascribe to some sort of morally relativistic form of Christianity that is very self serving.
It means the way that he is is the way to the Father. This is the Way walk you in it. That is what disciples do. Not to earn a way to heaven, as the scriptures says, as he is so are we in the world. What was is way if not abiding in the Fathers love, he said himself he could do nothing of himself but only what the Father showed him, and the place we see the Father showing us, is in his love. Jesus said whatever he saw the Father doing he did, how is that to be any different for us, ifthat is what Jesus had to do, why would it be any different for us?.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's not offensive... it's just not the gospel.

The gospel involves the fact that we can be born again to eternal life with God through Jesus' death for sins and faith in Jesus.
The gospel is extremely offensive; it tells me that my flesh, i.e. my sin nature is wrong, evil and unpleasing to the Lord. The gospel is also an amazing love story; it tells me that in spite of and despite my sinfulness that should condemn me to a life of hell, God loves me so much that he gave me a way out, he sacrificed his Son for me, when it was I that should've been sacrificed. That's the wonderful paradox of Christianity.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And then there's most of the rest of the planet who are quite content being born once.
If you were "content" you wouldn't be in this forum so much. As I said last night, you're longing for something more, something deeper, something real. God loves you so much and there's nothing that you can do to make him not love you. Stop running.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:51 PM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Who are you to question God?
God likes questions. He's a big boy you know and doesn't get offended. I actually think Trout Dude is one of his comics he sent to this forum.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It means the way that he is is the way to the Father. This is the Way walk you in it. That is what disciples do. Not to earn a way to heaven, as the scriptures says, as he is so are we in the world. What was is way if not abiding in the Fathers love, he said himself he could do nothing of himself but only what the Father showed him, and the place we see the Father showing us, is in his love. Jesus said whatever he saw the Father doing he did, how is that to be any different for us, ifthat is what Jesus had to do, why would it be any different for us?.
I've gotta be honest, your posts are hard to comprehend sometimes. Jesus is the only way to heaven; bottom line.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God likes questions. He's a big boy you know and doesn't get offended. I actually think Trout Dude is one of his comics he sent to this forum.
This isn't scriptural

Old 08-19-2018, 01:04 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Who are you to question God?

That thing in the bible isn't worthy of a capital G.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:05 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Just outta curiosity, and please answer honestly: Who here went to church today?

I live in my church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity