Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 11:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

So you are not a member of a church that preaches the world is sinful and hell bound if it does not repent and believe in Jesus, just like the Westboro Baptist Church does?

There is no need to lie about your beliefs just because another church is just that bit more militant about the same beliefs you hold dear.
He wants to fire me (LMAO) because I do not believe that people are hell bound.
My suggestion is (and always will be) that he turn in his letter of resignation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My suggestion is (and always will be) that he turn in his letter of resignation.
No (again), I said you would be fired from a workplace because of your unpleasant behavior, which is what you are demonstrating even now by lying about what has been said, and trying to associate Christians with some ridiculous hate group.

To be honest I didn't expect you to bend over backwards to prove my point, but that is exactly what you have done.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-25-2018 at 01:25 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No (again), I said you would be fired from a workplace because of your unpleasant behavior, which is what you are demonstrating even now by lying about what has been said, and trying to associate Christians with some ridiculous hate group.

To be honest I didn't expect you to bend over backwards to prove my point, but that is exactly what you have done.
This is what I said: If you believe in dungeons and dragons or that of an underworld of pain and suffering, then there is no difference between what you call regular Christians; and Westboro Baptists. Ironically, I see "Jesus Saves" and other graffiti written on the walls of outhouses or porta-johns on nearly every construction site. You can't get away from fanaticism!

And, yes, fundamentalists do tell you what they believe in the work place, even if it is not working on Sunday.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

But if you was fired for sharing to a work colleage your going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus, you and the evangelical world would be bent out of shape about it, crying persecution. You biased phony political hypocrite

Old 08-26-2018, 12:25 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:

Go back and read post #525. Not ALL Christians are part of a ridiculous hate group, just those who are evangelical and support an anti-Christian leader.

I agree those kind of Christians are totally ridiculous---and based on many of your posts---you fit right in there.

And guess what---I'm not one who doesn't believe in at least the POSSIBILITY of hell-fire, but to my knowledge I never shared that with anyone I ever witnessed to about Jesus becoming the center of their lives.

It's foolish folks that are more concerned about dodging hell than receiving the trust of a covenant relationship. It shows that they are a "tit-for-tat" mentality as opposed to "I serve because God loved me when I was unlovable." That kind of "faith" is all about "me-me-me and little me." And it is definitely 100% "religion," and unremarkable from Mohammedism or orthodox Judaism. It is a religion for lawyers and people who enjoy "firing" (think of our POTUS) others for whatever reason.

What is "different" among the anti-evangelical Christians is that they take no joy in harming others, they wave no lawyers book claiming some don't qualify for Christ's love, they would love to see EVERYONE saved even the ones who don't want to be.

So keep your lawyer religion, Finn. You can argue with God about what His "book" said when you stand before Him. For my part, I'll accept everyone but religious lawyers---even Jesus was disgusted with them.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Go back and read post #525. Not ALL Christians are part of a ridiculous hate group, just those who are evangelical and support an anti-Christian leader.
I believe they have 40 members, so you are correct in saying not all Christians are members.

Quote:
I agree those kind of Christians are totally ridiculous---and based on many of your posts---you fit right in there.
Feel free to say whatever your "spirit" prompts you to say. I notice you are back to the Nazi comparisons, so it seems you are having a normal day

Its all good. This is your problem, not mine. Such behavior is expected from those who are offended by God's words.

Quote:
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
(Matthew 5:11-12 NKJV)
Let the anger and resentment go. It is not heathy. God wants you to be happy. He does not want you to gossip and slander.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-26-2018 at 05:41 AM..

Old 08-26-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But if you was fired for sharing to a work colleague your going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus, you and the evangelical world would be bent out of shape about it, crying persecution. You biased phony political hypocrite
He will bend over backwards to eat his own cake, while he condemns others.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I do not engage in creating strife (over any topic) at the work place. If I did, my employer, or client, would be justified to fire me. Such people are not tolerated, which is something I have told you several times here.

Your resentment issues are your problems, not mine, so stop trying to project them on me.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I do not engage in creating strife (over any topic) at the work place. If I did, my employer, or client, would be justified to fire me. Such people are not tolerated, which is something I have told you several times here.

Your resentment issues are your problems, not mine, so stop trying to project them on me.
I wasn't talking about the work place (that would be you), rather it was about fundamentalist Christianity.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about the work place (that would be you), rather it was about fundamentalist Christianity.
Yes, you were. You accused me of hypocrisy based on the below false claim:

Quote:
But if you was fired for sharing to a work colleague your going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
Get over the resentment You'll feel much better, when you don't have to rave against (condemn) other people all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity