U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 07:51 PM

63,078 posts, read 34,359,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What we would have to wonder is why you continue your transparent sham AGAIN, but then we ARE familiar with your tactics.
If you can't answer, or don't want to answer then DON'T. Just quit crying about it, and quit trying to derail the thread with posts like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 07:56 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,834,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you can't answer, or don't want to answer then DON'T. Just quit crying about it, and quit trying to derail the thread with posts like this.
Was that a quote? ROTFLMAO

Old 08-17-2018, 11:23 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The real Jesus, the one who died for our sins, is unknowable without the historical Jesus, which we read about in the Bible. Once we hear of the latter, we can know the former as Lord & Savior. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar or stupid.
We do need the Bible to know ABOUT Jesus and we are supposed to use our intellect to discern what His mind was like, NOT just read the words "written in ink" as if they are what we are supposed to know from the Bible. The mind of Christ is revealed in the Sermon on the Mount, 1st Cor 13, and Galatians 5, as well as His reaction to a scourging and crucifixion that took His physical life. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers! You ignore the "mind of Christ" we are supposed to learn about and continue to promote blind adherence to words "Written in ink" and interpreted into the "precepts and doctrines of men." Sad, very sad!

Old 08-18-2018, 05:25 AM

63,078 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We do need the Bible to know ABOUT Jesus and we are supposed to use our intellect to discern what His mind was like, NOT just read the words "written in ink" as if they are what we are supposed to know from the Bible. The mind of Christ is revealed in the Sermon on the Mount, 1st Cor 13, and Galatians 5, as well as His reaction to a scourging and crucifixion that took His physical life. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers! You ignore the "mind of Christ" we are supposed to learn about and continue to promote blind adherence to words "Written in ink" and interpreted into the "precepts and doctrines of men." Sad, very sad!
You just said you learned about the mind of Christ by reading the Bible

Your claim about others ignoring it is your opinion, and irrelevant.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:44 AM

20,419 posts, read 9,834,499 times
Quote:

"He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers!"

Old 08-18-2018, 06:07 AM

32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Quote:

Oh give over. Just admit it you cannot believe or trust Christ in you to cause you to walk in his ways, so you settle for something that at best is a form of godliness(knowing things spoken about God and parroting bible verses as if that proves anything) and denying the power (experiencing the God power in you). Stick to politics for now your better suited to it.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:58 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,624,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I fell for this belief and way of thinking hook line and sinker. Today, it makes absolutely no sense to me at all. The foolishness of the cross to me is not about anything other than knowing beyond this self condemned consciousness that we have, that we are loved of God and always will be loved by God. Multitudes in Jesus' day were oppressed by this way of thinking and believing, and he(Jesus) was anointed to lift that oppression. Nothing is ever achieved of any worth outside of love(And Love never fails and God is love) ... 1 Corinthians 13 tells us this.
What do you mean by this? You. like me are a sinful dirtbag. We'll never be good enough to "save" ourselves, but in spite and despite ourselves, God still loved us enough to send his Son to pay the price in our stead. We should be condemned for our sinfulness, but God loves you and me so much that his grace allowed us salvation through belief and repentance in Jesus Christ. "True love" is only rooted in Jesus Christ. Anything else is a counterfeit substitute.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 AM

32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
What do you mean by this? You. like me are a sinful dirtbag. We'll never be good enough to "save" ourselves, but in spite and despite ourselves, God still loved us enough to send his Son to pay the price in our stead. We should be condemned for our sinfulness, but God loves you and me so much that his grace allowed us salvation through belief and repentance in Jesus Christ. "True love" is only rooted in Jesus Christ. Anything else is a counterfeit substitute.
Thus saith the Lord....You are not a sinful dirtbag.... You, are the apple of my eye, have always been greatly loved beyond you could ever imagine by me and i rejoice over you with singing.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:08 AM

16,287 posts, read 7,659,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You get to be a "sinful dirtbag" if you WANT to be. I am a human with contrasting urges who sometimes gives in to urges that harm my relationship with God and man that I consciously know is what is best for me. That I give in makes me a person capable of self-delusion, not a "dirtbag."

God help Sophia if this is your attitude.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:22 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,624,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thus saith the Lord....You are not a sinful dirtbag.... You, are the apple of my eye, have always been greatly loved beyond you could ever imagine by me and i rejoice over you with singing.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

As i said in my previous post, he loves us in spite of and despite our sin. He gave us love and grace despite the punishment that we deserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity