Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 01:19 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are a typical bible fundamentalist that bases a whole belief system on exaggerated verses. Where is the scripture that states Jesus said he is the ONLY way to the Father.... He said "I Am" the way to the Father, completely different to what you are claiming. Where does it say God separated himself from you? , you don't have a single verse, admit it?. Show me 1 single verse that clearly states that Jesus came to save us from hell to heaven, you can't admit. At the very least consider that you are not basing your beliefs on what the scripture says.
I'll show you where!

Jesus plainly said that He is the only way to the Father in the very verse which you deliberately avoided mentioning the last half of. Even in the first half of the verse, Jesus didn't say that He was 'a' way, but that He is 'the' way.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

Because sin did result in mankind being separated from God, Jesus went to the cross to die for the sins of the world thereby removing sin as a barrier between God and man. The issue now is whether a person will receive Christ as Savior. Those who don't do not have their names in the book of life and will be sent to the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
And all of your usual denials, and twisting of the scriptures, and disingenuousness can't change what the Bible says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 01:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'll show you where!

Jesus plainly said that He is the only way to the Father in the very verse which you deliberately avoided mentioning the last half of. Even in the first half of the verse, Jesus didn't say that He was 'a' way, but that He is 'the' way.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

Because sin did result in mankind being separated from God, Jesus went to the cross to die for the sins of the world thereby removing sin as a barrier between God and man. The issue now is whether a person will receive Christ as Savior. Those who don't do not have their names in the book of life and will be sent to the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
And all of your usual denials, and twisting of the scriptures, and disingenuousness can't change what the Bible says. But you will of course continue to deny, and twist, and be disingenusous, and act, while looking down your nose at fundamentalists, like you're some kind of spiritual giant. You aren't.
Ironically, neither are you who believe in eternal damnation.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:35 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Speak for yourself. Don't tar all with your sinful brush. Just because you are weak-willed and morally ambivalent doesn't mean everyone is.
You're lying right now. All humans get jealous, are selfish, greedy, lie, brag, etc. at certain times sin their lives. To deny that, as you just did, is to only confirm it.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'll show you where!

And all of your usual denials, and twisting of the scriptures, and disingenuousness can't change what the Bible says.
Apparently several posters in this thread belong to a group called The Way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_International

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 08-18-2018 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 01:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You're lying right now. All humans get jealous, are selfish, greedy, lie, brag, etc. at certain times sin their lives. To deny that, as you just did, is to only confirm it.
Reverse psychology doesn't work on mature adults. And no, all humans do not get jealous, nor do they lie, cheat or steal, etc. Just because you have come to believe that, doesn't make it true. Try taking responsibility for your own action, instead of placing them on other people.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Reverse psychology doesn't work on mature adults. And no, all humans do not get jealous, nor do they lie, cheat or steal, etc. Just because you have come to believe that, doesn't make it true. Try taking responsibility for your own action, instead of placing them on other people.
So you don't sin? You've kinda painted yourself in a corner if you're making that claim, because it has been posted several times:

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Run, don't walk from The Way.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:

It's truly unfortunate you cannot stop sinning. Sorry as I feel for you, I feel much sorrier for Sophia.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
So you don't sin? You've kinda painted yourself in a corner if you're making that claim, because it has been posted several times:

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Run, don't walk from The Way.

The bible got a lot of things wrong. That's just one more.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's truly unfortunate you cannot stop sinning. Sorry as I feel for you, I feel much sorrier for Sophia.
I'm confused; I thought that you didn't believe in sin?

Old 08-18-2018, 01:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
So you're a member of The Way too? I had vaguely heard of it, but you guys must know each other personally from conferences. I'm just telling you the truth in love guys, you're following a cult that doesn't preach the true gospel.
No, Sophiasmommy. you are confusing an organization with a way of life. "The Way, Inc" or however they style themselves got their name from what the earliest Christians called themselves (see Acts 9:22 and 22:4).
Those of us who identify and deny the doctrines of men that have plagued the church from the beginning identify the basic message of Jesus as "the Way." May I suggest that you commit Matthew 5:43-48 to memory and consider everything you do in that light? That, in a nutshell, is "the Way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity