Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Your heaven can be hell for the next guy, but that does not seem to stop people from trying to browbeat others into submission.
The love being discussed is that concern for the well-being of the object that we know as "agape." Such a concern is going to find out what actually IS best rather than steam roller them with his own ideas. Sometimes it takes a bit of education, but the person who really does love this way will do what it takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 03:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They need someone to suffer for them as a substitute, otherwise they cannot move forward.
And they, albeit not all, continue to crucify him, while sitting in their pew of eternal damnation.
Very true Jer, they just simply cannot believe in forgiveness without blood.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Instead of raising a strawman argument, just admit that you don't believe John's assertion that the Book of Revelation is the word of God because God gave that Revelation to Jesus who communicated it to John.

Go ahead. Deny that the Book of Revelation is the word of God. Accuse John of either being a liar or of being crazy.
I do not believe in a literal millennial reign of Christ, and the book of Revelation was, and is controversial.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:52 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I see, you press me as if you are putting me on the spot and i return the same favor and you don't commit.

If i believe in the scriptures differently to you, am i adding or taking away from the scriptures?.

I can see you know just like a lawyer pointing you finger down at me to condemn, look he's denied the bible is the word of God.... You're denial of Jesus Christ being the only word of God that there is, is far worse, but i won't condemn you for that. It is quite alright.
You keep denying that the Bible is the word of God. You've been shown that the book of Revelation is by John's own statements the word of God. So why are you now unwilling to say that John was either lying or that he was wrong?

Jesus is not the only word of God. Though out the book of Acts the gospel message is declared to be the word of God. Jesus called the Mosaic Law the word (or commandment) of God.

You only have three options. You can admit that John said that the book of Revelation is the word of God, or you can deny it, or you can refuse to comment on it as you are doing. And you are on the spot.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I do not believe in a literal millennial reign of Christ, and the book of Revelation was, and is controversial.
You don't believe much of anything that the Bible says.

And the book of Revelation is one of the 27 books in the New Testament canon.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Just outta curiosity, and please answer honestly: Who here went to church today?
I went to Meeting if that's what you mean.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
You keep denying that the Bible is the word of God. You've been shown that the book of Revelation is by John's own statements the word of God. So why are you now unwilling to say that John was either lying or that he was wrong?

Jesus is not the only word of God. Though out the book of Acts the gospel message is declared to be the word of God. Jesus called the Mosaic Law the word (or commandment) of God.

You only have three options. You can admit that John said that the book of Revelation is the word of God, or you can deny it, or you can refuse to comment on it as you are doing. And you are on the spot.
Jesus said his words were Spirit and Life. He also said you think that in the scriptures are life, but the life is in the one they testify of, so please if the word is not contain life then how can you call it life and you do, don't deny it.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
You don't believe much of anything that the Bible says.

As most of the world doesn't. You've managed to jettison Genesis as allegorical. Why not come all the way and learn to separate the rest of the chaff from what wheat there is?

Old 08-19-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Another poster posted numerous verses, but you chose to literally ignore them because it doesn't fit your narrative. Yes God is loving, but he's also holy. He's not your "bro" or "homeboy", he's the maker of heaven and earth and deserves unconditional respect and awe.
And yet ANOTHER "God is love BUT" Why do so many people seem to think God suffers from multiple personality disorder?

If God IS something, ALL characteristics will conform to that basic nature. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 08-19-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus said his words were Spirit and Life. He also said you think that in the scriptures are life, but the life is in the one they testify of, so please if the word is not contain life then how can you call it life and you do, don't deny it.
Are you afraid to comment on the fact that John stated that the book of Revelation is the word of God? You've been given several chances to do so but you keep running away from it. What's the problem? Come on. You keep saying that the Bible is not the word of God. So in the face of the fact that John explicitly said that Revelation is the word of God, why won't you comment on it? Why do you keep trying to divert away from it? You are on the spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity