Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 11:08 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you believe in dungeons and dragons or that of an underworld of pain and suffering, then there is no difference between what you call regular Christians; and Westboro Baptists.
You can't get away from fanaticism!
Comparing Christians to a hate group is a good example of a comment which would probably get you fired. People who attack other people religious beliefs like that are like a cancer in the corporate family, and need to be eradicated ASAP before they poison the work environment.

If you worked for me, and I heard you speak like that about Christians, muslims, or whoever, I'd fire you on the spot, right there in front of everyone.

Quote:
Diversity teaches us to love and appreciate the differences
I guess you are not very diverse, loving and/or appreciative given how you loathe those who don't agree with your views ) as is plainly seen in your comment above).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 11:17 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Comparing Christians to a hate group is a good example of a comment which would probably get you fired. People who attack other people religious beliefs like that are like a cancer in the corporate family, and need to be eradicated ASAP before they poison the work environment.

If you worked for me, and I heard you speak like that about Christians, muslims, or whoever, I'd fire you on the spot, right there in front of everyone.

I guess you are not very diverse, loving and/or appreciative given how you loathe those who don't agree with your views ) as is plainly seen in your comment above).
And you would fire yourself for calling a church a hate group?

Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
If you believe in dungeons and dragons or that of an underworld of pain and suffering, then there is no difference between what you call regular Christians; and Westboro Baptists. Ironically, I see "Jesus Saves" and other graffiti written on the walls of outhouses or porta-johns on nearly every construction site. You can't get away from fanaticism!
Quote:

I could care less what you believe, you can believe in dancing reindeer. But when it comes to people pushing there beliefs on others, it's not something that others need to tolerate without interference.

And I highly doubt you would ever be in a position to fire me. LMAO

Old 08-22-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And you would fire yourself for calling a church a hate group?
Westboro Baptists is officially a hate group.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I could care less what you believe, you can believe in dancing reindeer. But when it comes to people pushing there beliefs on others, it's not something that others need to tolerate without interference.
No one asked you if you care.

Like I said, I'd fire you on the spot, and have security walk you out.

For the record, in the decades I spent in the work environment, I never came across anyone who'd talk like that.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Westboro Baptists is officially a hate group.
When did that happen? I'm googling, and all I'm coming up with is a 2013 report that says the White House can NOT label Westboro as a hate group.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:

And I highly doubt you would ever be in a position to fire me. LMAO
Quote:
No one asked you if you care.

Like I said, I'd fire you on the spot, and have security walk you out.

For the record, in the decades I spent in the work environment, I never came across anyone who'd talk like that.
For the record, you would need more than a security force or your opinion.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When did that happen? I'm googling, and all I'm coming up with is a 2013 report that says the White House can NOT label Westboro as a hate group.
It's an example of someone who talks out both sides of their mouth to justify their own position.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Diversity teaches us to love and appreciate the differences without condemning people to an underworld of damnation.
Quote:
I guess you are not very diverse, loving and/or appreciative given how you loathe those who don't agree with your views (as is plainly seen in your comment above).
I have no problem with you believing in dancing reindeer or the false existence of a fiery underworld. You can discuss them to your heats content, but trying to convince me that you wield the hammer of justice is asinine and absurd.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:56 PM

175 posts, read 75,580 times
Quote:
Can you seriously not see the absurdity in your position? This is one thing I'll give Frank Turek (www.crossexamined.org) credit for: He effectively exposes the comical inconsistencies in atheists' positions.

We all push our beliefs on others. Are the homosexual and transgender communities not pushing their beliefs? Are the New Atheists not pushing their beliefs? Are you not pushing your beliefs?

Are you kidding me? The above groups are proselytizers to a degree most Christian denominations would envy.

Christians are at least honest. We admit we're fulfilling the Great Commission. We admit we hope you'll convert. We admit we aren't tolerant of behaviors the Bible condemns. We admit we expect intense opposition, that we expect to be at enmity with the world and even persecuted.

People like you are simply dishonest frauds. You can't begin to live or practice what you preach. You must live in a constant state of cognitive dissonance.

As Thomas Sowell cogently pointed out, your idea of tolerance includes "the right to be intolerant of everything we disagree with." We can claim to be tolerant while actually being viciously intolerant because THOSE INTOLERANT CHRISTIANS ARE WRONG AND MUST BE SILENCED!!!

It's just laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity