Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 01:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Nope, Jesus didn't use a gun on Pharisees---He used a sharp tongue and quick wit. Nothing more is needed.
Please add "disgust" to the terms you apply to me. It is far more apropos than anger.

Your complete self-serving hypocrisy is deserving of disgust. Stick with Jerwade. He is far nicer than me.
What? Don't put that curse on me, even my patience runs thin.

I had to inform a man at a Walmart store to be patient, so he didn't become one.
He was cussing at everyone in line, including the hard working and petite cashier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 11:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not talking about Jesus, I am talking about you saying this:

Having violent fantasies/desires is not a good thing. It is a self-imposed burden.

Disgust towards others is certainly another 'fruit' of yours. It goes hand in hand with anger and resentment.

By their fruits you shall know them.

It's amazing you don't see the irony in all this.
Hmmm. You don't see the disgust in Jesus with your kin, the Pharisees?

Quote:
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity.
Matt. 23:27

or this:

Quote:
In the temple courts He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables. 15So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
John 2:14-15

I would do what Jesus would did. Do you charge Him with "anger" issues? Yet you turn the House of God into a ballroom for the "chosen" leaving out the sinners God loves?

Did you also miss the message in the gospel song God sent to you to get you to see yourself as you really are? I'll post it once more so that you can ignore His message again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6VAy9y_iQ

Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

Yeah

Jesus, friend of sinners, the one who's writing in the sand
Make the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
Help us to remember we are all the least of thieves
Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees
No one knows what we're for only against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours
You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet

Calling me names is your way of avoiding who you are. It doesn't hurt me, because nothing hurts one who has been the outcast by his own hands, but accepted by Jesus just the same. And that is what I am.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Hmmm. You don't see the disgust in Jesus with your kin, the Pharisees?
No, people don't disgust me.

This is just you doing what you always do, trying to associate people with nazis, Westboro Baptists, pharisees etc in order to make them look bad.

"If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

Quote:
I would do what Jesus would did.
Why dont you travel to Israel and do it. Tell them Jesus did the same. They'll get a good laugh out of it

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-28-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 08-28-2018, 07:57 AM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I think the fact that you guys have carried this on and on probably offends Jesus more than any bad doctrine.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:03 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think the fact that you guys have carried this on and on probably offends Jesus more than any bad doctrine.
Pretty typical, actually. Someone asks a simple question, they get several good responses on the first 2 pages, and it goes on for 98 more pages as they debate, call each other names, and attack religion in general.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Pretty typical, actually. Someone asks a simple question, they get several good responses on the first 2 pages, and it goes on for 98 more pages as they debate, call each other names, and attack religion in general.
You do know that you are speaking about those who profess to be fundamentalist's, while excluding yourselves?

Old 08-28-2018, 08:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do know that you are speaking about those who profess to be fundamentalist's, while excluding yourselves?
Well, yes, he does, but you see THAT is "Christianity" to him.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
No, people don't disgust me.

This is just you doing what you always do, trying to associate people with nazis, Westboro Baptists, pharisees etc in order to make them look bad.

"If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."

Why dont you travel to Israel and do it. Tell them Jesus did the same. They'll get a good laugh out of it
Not all Jews are Pharisees. Modern Pharisaical Jews are more likely Hasidic Jews that worship the Torah. They disgust my Jewish daughter-in-law as well who tells the story of being in a group that visited Israel and got taken to "shelter" where the Hasidic Jews tried to be like evangelicals and force convert them all. One young girl was even offered an opportunity to marry one of those Jews on the spot.

History repeats itself, and the things the Nazis did to entrench their power are the exact things evangelicals are doing to entrench their power structure. Didn't our POTUS just tell them that his political party needed them to maintain power and prevent "violence" from taking place by the other political party? Did POTUS not say there needs to be ONE source of true national news because the rest are just fake? Do you know so little history as to not see that was how Adolf manipulated both religious authorities in the beginning and ultimately news media (one source) in the end?

Those kind of "bible-believers" who are so stupid as to not see the attempt at establishing dictatorship are worthy of disgust. And apparently it was quite a number of evangelical "leaders."

I'm surprised you weren't on the guest list!
Praise God and Heil Trump!

Old 08-29-2018, 04:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Not all Jews are Pharisees.
No one said they are. I already explained they were religious leaders / people of authority. Most people here know that, while you and some others don't. If you did, your would not be trying to compare millions of everyday Christians to Pharisees. You raving against others and accusing them of not being good enough Christians actually demonstrates the mindset of a Pharisee more than anything.

Quote:
Whatever gets you through the night.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-29-2018 at 05:30 AM..

Old 08-29-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
No one said they are. I already explained they were religious leaders / people of authority. Most people here know that, while you and some others don't. If you did, your would not be trying to compare millions of everyday Christians to Pharisees. You raving against others and accusing them of not being good enough Christians actually demonstrates the mindset of a Pharisee more than anything.

Whatever gets you through the night.
If you worship the Bible above the one it points to---you are a Pharisee. You are one of those Pharisees who is ignorant of its lessons. And I don't even think you are a very good fundamentalist. Several are very open about their Bible worship (whether they see it in themselves or not) and you are more Mr. Dodger and Mrs. Twister.

You worship your own ritual purity while displaying a character that is anything but. That's a Pharisee, and virtually all fundamentalists fall into that category. You do, even if you aren't a very good one. And that is why Christianity is indeed a religion--you won't allow it to become Spirit in your life.

Your buddies were at the WH receiving instructions from Trump to preach party from the pulpit. Surprised you weren't there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity