U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2018, 10:34 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,687,529 times
Reputation: 5948

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Janelle, do you abide by everything the Bible teaches? Or, just like the rest of Christianity, do you simply claim obedience to the Bible just to come across to others as being a 'true Christian'? I would take an educated guess that the latter is true. I would also guess that no one here knows you - or me for that matter - and so we can flaunt our piety via our anonymity until the cows come home.

There is NO LOGICAL REASON why a gay person should HAVE to stay chaste simply because a book appears to tell them this. And, as far as my biblical knowledge takes me, the Bible states no such thing anyway. This is yet another made up piece of 'scripture' to aim at someone another someone doesn't care for.

I'm always bemused by the number of professed Christians who are married (and presumably have a sex life) who tell others that THEY have to remain chaste ...something that they themselves would not dream of doing based on a belief. Anyway, when are people going to catch on that the Bible is a book and that a book has no divine authority ...?
No, I don't consider the bible just another piece of made up scripture. How can one remain a Christian and believe that? The bible does say to remain chaste before marriage though many don't now in modern times, it's no less true and to be followed.


No one is telling these men not to have sex. If they can't live a chaste life (which each priest in the Church is called to do) then stop being a priest and don't take the vow of celibacy.

The bible has divine authority since it is inspired by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2018, 10:35 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,687,529 times
Reputation: 5948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I highly doubt that an adult (male) is going to abuse another adult (male) without suffering the consequences, if it were not consensual. I can tell you what I would do, so don't be an ostrich and pull your head out of the sand.
So nice you don't believe any of the victims of the #MeToo movement. When one has power over another it happens. Not just in Churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 10:46 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,104,242 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
HMMM guess I missed that. ????? But I do have my gift in my Church which extends hope to believers. That is why the laity now are fighting mad at what is gong on in the Church and Christ's body. Root out the evil.
Nah
Tyour leaders are lazy.
Spineless and have no clue about what God has decreed.
The Catholics have become prey just as was said.
And take a guess who is going to devour their mother.


What I personally offered you is what has followed our conversation till today.

Do you remember the roots of a tree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 10:53 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,687,529 times
Reputation: 5948
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35442...mpaign=dwbrand


HIRSCHAUER: A Church That Won’t Talk About Hell Stares Evil in the Face


The Catholic Church (at least prior to 1965) has been acutely aware of perdition, damnation, and moral recompense. Can a Church that today has constituent congregations filled unapologetically with long communion and short confession lines adequately deal with a sex abuse crisis that challenges the moral foundations of Church authority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 11:13 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,104,242 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35442...mpaign=dwbrand


HIRSCHAUER: A Church That Won’t Talk About Hell Stares Evil in the Face


The Catholic Church (at least prior to 1965) has been acutely aware of perdition, damnation, and moral recompense. Can a Church that today has constituent congregations filled unapologetically with long communion and short confession lines adequately deal with a sex abuse crisis that challenges the moral foundations of Church authority?
Set aside the bribe for a lmoment and consider who might read this nonsense?
Are you willing to accept slander and libelous criminals to lure you into a snare?

I know you are smarter than to give breath to a lie.


So,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 PM
 
20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I highly doubt that an adult (male) is going to abuse another adult (male) without suffering the consequences, if it were not consensual. I can tell you what I would do, so don't be an ostrich, and pull your head out of the sand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So nice you don't believe any of the victims of the #MeToo movement. When one has power over another it happens. Not just in Churches.
I suppose you are referring to the exploitation and sexual harassment of women by their employer's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2018, 11:48 PM
 
20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one is telling these men not to have sex. If they can't live a chaste life (which each priest in the Church is called to do) then stop being a priest and don't take the vow of celibacy.
There is nothing preventing the priest's from being married, nor is there a reason he/she has to be celibate. How many times does that have to be said? Do you honestly believe that it makes any difference to God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 12:10 AM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,104,242 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is nothing preventing the priest's from being married, nor is there a reason he/she has to be celibate. How many times does that have to be said? Do you honestly believe that it makes any difference to God?
Leave her be
She has already sworn an oath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 01:57 AM
 
20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Reputation: 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Leave her be
She has already sworn an oath.
An oath to what? Is she a Priestess?

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-05-2018 at 02:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 AM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,687,529 times
Reputation: 5948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is nothing preventing the priest's from being married, nor is there a reason he/she has to be celibate. How many times does that have to be said? Do you honestly believe that it makes any difference to God?
Yes, I do. I also think we need to obey the Ten Commandants. Just because less people believe there is such a thing as sin doesn't mean most will be lulled into complacency and lose their soul. That is Satan's ploy for the ruin of souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top