U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:45 AM

10,510 posts, read 2,683,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Are you an advocate for killing people or merely condemning them?
NO, I am not for killing or condemning anyone for these kinds of things, that is medieval style thinking.

Its more rational to acknowledge and admit that we do not yet know how to effectively cure or treat them...NOT to just say its totally impossible and these people need to be shunned from society, jailed, or killed off!! What would the world be like if still had mindsets like that regarding some other mental disorders of the past that we HAVE successfully found ways to treat/cure?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 02:43 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,678,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How would you know?
I rely on all the religious scholars who lived before me. I study and I learn from them.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
NO, I am not for killing or condemning anyone for these kinds of things, that is medieval style thinking.

Its more rational to acknowledge and admit that we do not yet know how to effectively cure or treat them...NOT to just say its totally impossible and these people need to be shunned from society, jailed, or killed off!! What would the world be like if still had mindsets like that regarding some other mental disorders of the past that we HAVE successfully found ways to treat/cure?!!
This is not the Christian way either. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Getting back to the subject of the thread, molesters need to be stopped, no matter how they molest.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:39 PM

20,342 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
Maybe its possible we just do not yet know how to successfully cure or treat it?

At one time there were many other mental and physical diseases which had no cure or treatment...but eventually some were created or discovered.

Leprosy is a good example, before the cure/treatment, everyone believed there was NO cure/treatment, all lepers should just be shunned from society or worse, killed off.
Quote:
Are you an advocate for killing people or merely condemning them?
Quote:

Treat who? Heterosexul's, homosexuals, or the rapists and child-molesters?

Old 09-07-2018, 06:59 AM

10,510 posts, read 2,683,290 times
Quote:
Treat who? Heterosexul's, homosexuals, or the rapists and child-molesters?
I was referring to child molesters/ pedophilia...have to figure out what makes them do this in the first place, why they have an attraction to kids. Its not about whether they can marry or be in relationships with women, (as most convicted child mol are married).

Something is causing this, whether its a mental disorder or something else, I dont think people are born this way.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:51 PM

Buffalo Bishop Refuses to Resign As Criminal Probe Looms over Mishandled Allegations

Old 09-07-2018, 09:11 PM

18,843 posts, read 7,324,124 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/06/n...sex-abuse.html

Old 09-07-2018, 10:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYfnvuL3fyg

World Over - 2018-09-06 – Letter to Pope Francis from Catholic Women with Raymond Arroyo

EWTN

Published on Sep 6, 2018

Subscribed 161K

DR. JANET SMITH, professor of moral theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit, and ALEXANDRA DESANCTIS, journalist and staff writer at National Review discuss the Letter to Pope Francis from Catholic Women, why they signed on to it and what answers they hope to receive from Rome.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:15 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/u...&region=Footer

He Preyed on Men Who Wanted to Be Priests. Then He Became a Cardinal.

"Because bishops have control over priests’ assignments and complete loyalty is expected by the church’s clerical culture, seminarians and priests can be especially vulnerable to sexual harassment by their superiors.

“In the corporate world, there are ways to report misconduct,” Mr. Ciolek, 57, said at his home in New Jersey. “You have an H.R. contact, you have a legal department, or you have anonymous reporting, you have systems. Does the Catholic Church have that? How is a priest supposed to report abuse or wrong activity by his bishop? What is their stated vehicle for anyone to do that? I don’t think it exists.”

Old 09-08-2018, 07:08 AM

18,843 posts, read 7,324,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/u...&region=Footer

He Preyed on Men Who Wanted to Be Priests. Then He Became a Cardinal.

"Because bishops have control over priests’ assignments and complete loyalty is expected by the church’s clerical culture, seminarians and priests can be especially vulnerable to sexual harassment by their superiors.

“In the corporate world, there are ways to report misconduct,” Mr. Ciolek, 57, said at his home in New Jersey. “You have an H.R. contact, you have a legal department, or you have anonymous reporting, you have systems. Does the Catholic Church have that? How is a priest supposed to report abuse or wrong activity by his bishop? What is their stated vehicle for anyone to do that? I don’t think it exists.”
I no longer have any hope the RCC cares to rid itself of its massive pedophilia problem, which I suspect, has always risen straight to the top, in terms of the institutions deceptive coverup actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or