U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 AM

540 posts, read 262,912 times

Advertisements

a gay citizen can get married, have a family. Catholic priests can not do any of this. Till the catholic clergy is more main stream the church will continue to have abuse issues.

not a smart thing to attend catholic church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 11:14 AM

10,763 posts, read 2,758,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
a gay citizen can get married, have a family. Catholic priests can not do any of this. Till the catholic clergy is more main stream the church will continue to have abuse issues.

Many people that are caught molesting kids are married though...?

I dont think there is any link between forced celibacy and pedophilia.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:09 PM

3,052 posts, read 1,064,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
So, has this thread now fully taken to 'gay bashing'? Are homosexual people really seen as 'evil' possessing 'a disease straight from hell', Janelle? Is that ALL homosexuals? If so - and I'll ask again - how do you suggest that society deals with homosexual people who are here to stay unless ...well, what method DO you suggest to eliminate them ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So what do you suggest be done to gay pedophile priests . . .
You use the term 'gay pedophile priests' much of the time, Janelle. Has it been established that 'pedophile priests' are homosexuals? Has it been established that all homosexuals are 'pedophiles waiting to happen'? It's THIS, Janelle, that underlies all of your postings on this issue ...that it's homosexuals that have to be dealt with because you appear to agree with the quote that homosexuals 'are evil' and they 'possess a disease straight from hell'.

As for what "I" might suggest be done with your 'pedophile priests'...it's the law, not I, that dictates what penalty should be applied to them for any misdeeds. Moreover, if I don't agree with you and the majority of people that they be locked up and the key thrown away then I somehow acquire the label of 'enabler'.

However, I did say in my initial post on this topic that I really don't give a damn what anyone might think of my viewpoint. It's mine, not yours, nor anyone else's. And, I've made my viewpoint fairly clear in the past that assistance for the 'broken' among us, which is what these pitiful people have become, would be more conducive long term for society than their doing jail time. I would even go out on a limb here and suggest that even many of the 'victims' of sexual abuse might agree with this methodology for their abusers were they not rather encouraged by society to demonstrate 'getting even'. When anyone can demonstrate to me that 'revenge' actually works, then I might begin to think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
. . .or gay priests to sexually abuse men in the seminary?
This is ridiculous! What kind of wimps are these 'men' in the seminary who allow themselves to be 'sexually abused'? They need to 'grow a pair' and deal with any unwanted advances ALL BY THEMSELVES! Geez . . .how much molly-coddling of grown men do you want?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 PM

3,052 posts, read 1,064,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Many people that are caught molesting kids are married though...?

I dont think there is any link between forced celibacy and pedophilia.
However, every human being has some form of a sexual urge (those who believe the Creation story can perhaps blame God for this) and one may find themselves at times in situations where the flesh IS certainly weak. While the results of giving in to one's innate sexual desires can be life destroying for them (and, according to society, also for their 'victim') anyone who can't at least understand how these things can happen to probably any human being or most human beings is hardly a human being themselves. I really don't believe that those young men who joined the seminary had anything other than honorable intentions initially. They were good people and not monsters. Situations, however, can occur, often without warning, where innate sexual desires may kick in and - wallah - a crime has been committed. And, since no help is available for the 'one timer' who recognizes the wrongness of his deed and may wish to seek help, these things may become a habit over time.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:28 PM

19,019 posts, read 7,397,137 times
https://nypost.com/2018/11/17/the-va...ericans-faith/

Very fair assessment of Vatican City's latest error in judgment regarding this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or