U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:48 AM

5,806 posts, read 4,788,205 times

Advertisements

Edited because I should probably put this in Controversies forum.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 08-17-2018 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 05:33 PM

6,338 posts, read 2,120,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Revelations of US cardinal sex abuse will force pope's hand

There is a whole thread on this in the political section. Sad and hopefully the church can get it taken care of THIS time. It's high time something was done about it.
I find it disgusting that you would try and link this to homosexuality. If anyone is responsible to do something about this it's the members. I'm not giving them money or honor so they are not going to listen to me. Is all I can do is lobby for laws to protect these children while you cry about being persecuted for your belief that it should be tolerated while you guise it under outrage over a coffee cup. You are giving the church what they want and you can take it away for things such as this. Yet you haven't, you just "hope" the church will do something. Part of the problem seems to be that many of posters on here were raised in a time it was allowed and they bash liberals and say that it's not a big deal. Expat the even said raping a child is a foreseeable outcome of a bad day at work, a bit too much to drink, or being babysat by your uncle. I don't knock your repeated postings on your topic of concern but calling a scared teenager a murder for taking a pill that prevents the ovum from implanting while you blame homosexuals for your own complicity is very off putting.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-17-2018 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: who typed this anyway?

Old 08-17-2018, 07:15 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I find it disgusting that you would try and link this to homosexuality. If anyone is responsible to do something about this it's the members. I'm not giving them money or honor so they are not going to listen to me. Is all I can do is lobby for laws to protect these children while you cry about being persecuted for your belief that it should be tolerated while you guise it under outrage over a coffee cup. You are giving the church what they want and you can take it away for things such as this. Yet you haven't, you just "hope" the church will do something. Part of the problem seems to be that many of posters on here were raised in a time it was allowed and they bash liberals and say that it's not a big deal. Expat the even said raping a child is a foreseeable outcome of a bad day at work, a bit too much to drink, or being babysat by your uncle. I don't knock your repeated postings on your topic of concern but calling a scared teenager a murder for taking a pill that prevents the ovum from implanting while you blame homosexuals for your own complicity is very off putting.

Good on ya'. Too soon.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:22 PM

20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good on ya'. Too soon.
I took care of that for you.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:49 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,687,529 times
Quote:
I thought all this reporting WAS doing something about it. More than 1,000 Catholics have signed up to be at the Baltimore Bishops conference in November to address the problem directly to the bishops. More are signing up all the time.

I was raised in a time when we didn't know what was happening. Not until the victims and their families came out about it and started to report it. Not sure what you would have anyone do when they didn't know anything. It's coming out now and we aren't staying in the dark anymore and we are doing something about it.

The sad thing is some of these cases are decades old and the perpetrators are dead. All we can do now is make sure what is happening now is stopped.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:43 PM

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...and-jury-plans

Episcopal Sodomy: NY AG Outlining Grand Jury Plans

"There are eight dioceses in the state of New York, including the archdiocese of New York, with 7.3 million Catholics throughout the state and initial reports indicate that sexual abuse and specifically cover-up of that abuse by bishops is every bit as bad as in the state of Pennsylvania.
Church Militant spoke with New York State Attorney General Barbara Underwood, who told us:
The Attorney General has directed her Criminal Division leadership to reach out to local District Attorneys — who are the only entities that currently have the power to convene a grand jury to investigate these matters — in order to establish a potential partnership on this issue."

Old 08-17-2018, 11:57 PM

3,139 posts, read 938,616 times
Quote:
The whole topic makes me sick. I am really glad I was not born into a Catholic or Fundamentalist Christian family.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:57 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good on ya'. Too soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I took care of that for you.
Ditto.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:03 AM

3,139 posts, read 938,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yep, we are afraid the gay mafia will take down the church. They sure are trying.
What a very crude comment. It's not about homosexuality - it's about child abuse and molestation. It is not just boys who are assaulted. Or have you not heard of the pregnant nuns who were forced to hide babies that were killed? The Catholic Church is truly strange in so many ways, I won't list all the weird things here since I think we have all heard of the bizarre ways of the Roman Catholic Church.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:51 AM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34627...paign=aklavan#

"The Devil Resides In The Vatican
Evil is not a "make-believe concept."

Here is the take from Michael Knowles. He brings out the issue of evil behind this. I agree, what else could it be. It's on the first 10 minutes or so. After that he goes into other subjects so you can turn it off or stay and listen to the rest. Up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or