Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 06:24 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

WOW!

The priests, George testified, had a group of favored boys who they would take on trips and give gifts.

"He (Zirwas) had told me they, the priests, would give their boys, their altar boys or their favorite boys these crosses," George testified. "So he gave me a big gold cross to wear."

In the report, the grand jury said, the crosses "were a designation that these children were victims of sexual abuse. They were a signal to other predators that the children had been desensitized to sexual abuse and were optimal targets for further victimization."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ses/999523002/

Just in case someone wanted to see what "mocking God" actually looked like. It's not one person giving another person grief over ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 06:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
WOW!

The priests, George testified, had a group of favored boys who they would take on trips and give gifts.

"He (Zirwas) had told me they, the priests, would give their boys, their altar boys or their favorite boys these crosses," George testified. "So he gave me a big gold cross to wear."

In the report, the grand jury said, the crosses "were a designation that these children were victims of sexual abuse. They were a signal to other predators that the children had been desensitized to sexual abuse and were optimal targets for further victimization."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ses/999523002/

Just in case someone wanted to see what "mocking God" actually looked like. It's not one person giving another person grief over ideology.

It's bad enough that power corrupts. It's worse when corrupt people seek, and attain, power.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:09 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Will Pennsylvania be the Wake-Up Call We Finally Heed?

"We must pray for each and all of them, because otherwise, there will be a plethora of millstones to go around, both for what people did, and for what people did not do.

All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good people to do nothing. How many people of goodwill in the administrative bureaucracy of the Church, in the dioceses where this took place, did nothing? How many people at schools and in the pews pretended it was a rumor, or made up? How many did nothing in Chile? How many did nothing in Pennsylvania? How many people forgot, being Catholic means standing up not for what you might gain in this whole world, but for what you might lose by failing to stand up?

That’s why we cannot let this go. This scandal is about all the sins of omission by seemingly good people. People ignored reports of abuse and misconduct because they protected the institution over the innocent, because they honored the positions men held as priests, over the rights of the most vulnerable.
This is another wake-up call for the Catholic Church, and while the gates of hell will not prevail against the Bride of Christ, we’re all responsible for our part in the siege. So now, the laity and clergy must know — no one gets a pass."
Amen.

Thanks for posting this spot on call for action.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
https://www.firstthings.com/web-excl...not-be-priests

Why Men Like Me Should Not Be Priests

This is written by a gay man.

I am the sort of man the Catholic Church says shouldn’t be a priest. I experience what the Vatican calls “deep-seated homosexual tendencies,” which, according to the Church, make me an unsuitable candidate for the priesthood. The 2005 Vatican instruction on the question of homosexuality and the priesthood states this clearly: “The Church, while profoundly respecting the persons in question, cannot admit to the seminary or to holy orders those who practise homosexuality, present deep-seated homosexual tendencies or support the so-called ‘gay culture.’” This teaching wasn’t new. In 1961, the Vatican declared that men with homosexual inclinations couldn’t be ordained. Seminarians who “sinned gravely against the sixth commandment with a person of the same or opposite sex” were to be “dismissed immediately.”

The first reason is that men with homosexual tendencies find it particularly difficult to live out the demands of chastity. The vast majority of scandals in the Church since 2002 involve homosexual priests profoundly failing in chastity. This is no surprise to me. Chastity, I’m convinced (and the evidence bears this out), is much harder for men with a homosexual inclination than for others.

Fr. James Lloyd, C.S.P., a priest with a PhD in psychology from NYU, has worked with homosexual men (including priests) for more than 30 years as a clinical psychologist. On the subject of chastity and homosexual priests, he says, “It is clear enough from clinical evidence that the psychic energy needed to contain homosexual drives is far greater than that needed by the straying heterosexual.”

Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There are numerous studies that show conclusively that child molesters are almost never homosexuals. By a huge margin, they are heterosexual males, although a large number of child molesters have trouble forming adult relationships.

I don't know why people keep posting information that has been soundly disproven.
That is a paradoxical statement because a heterosexual would not desire a male sexually, period. Perhaps the study should refer to these people as bisexual at the very minimum.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.churchmilitant.com/video...is-a-gay-thing

It IS ‘A Gay Thing!’
And those denying it are lying.

Of course they are gay. That is why it's so hard to control the problem. Only recruiting boys who are effeminate and not boys who are masculine. The gay men know who they can prey on to join their ranks. Get your head out of the sand.

"McCarrick — a male — raped, assaulted, groped, and made advances on altar boys — males — and seminarians — males — for decades. Prolonged male on male sexual assault — that's gay. Do you think we are stupid? Then there is Cdl. Donald Wuerl, so beloved by the homo bar crowd in during his time in Pittsburgh, they actually nicknamed him "Donna." Last week, he just couldn't figure out if all this was a really big deal, or not. Nor could he figure out how to address it. And then he doesn't even appear to know what the it actually is."
Yes, it's obvious the establishment is trying to conceal the abnormality and sin of homosexuality. The establishment will go to any extent to pervert God's way; they're corrupt evil doers.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Of course it is. The pedophiles are now aligning themselves with the gay and lesbian groups trying to get pedophilia assigned as a natural sexual inclination.
So true. It's just a matter of time. Perversion will not miraculously end with homosexuality.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:15 AM

We're living in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah just as Jesus said would happen in the final days. These homosexual priests match the account in Genesis.

Genesis 19
[1] And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
[2] And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
[3] And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
[4] But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
[5] And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
[6] And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
[7] And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
[8] Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
[9] And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
[10] But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
[11] And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
[12] And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
[13] For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Jesus said:

Luke 17
[26] And as it was in the days of Noe [Noah], so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man [Jesus].
[27] They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot [Sodom and Gomorrah]; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:37 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There are numerous studies that show conclusively that child molesters are almost never homosexuals. By a huge margin, they are heterosexual males, although a large number of child molesters have trouble forming adult relationships.

I don't know why people keep posting information that has been soundly disproven.
I can link to studies that show homosexuals commit pedophilia up to seven times greater than heterosexuals. The studies were done by God fearing Christian men and not driven by a secular ideology in which the outcome was skewed in favor of a particular group. But I have a feeling that most people on the board are not concerned with the real Truth.

Last edited by SumTingy; 08-19-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 07:54 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I can link to studies that show homosexuals commit pedophilia up to seven times greater than heterosexuals. The studies were done by God fearing Christian men and not driven by a secular ideology in which the outcome was skewed in favor of a particular group. But I have a feeling that most people on the board are concerned with the real Truth.
I disagree this is a homosexual thing. They had easier access to boys than girls. They also had even easier access to each other if this was about homosexual sex. If they had sex among themselves they ran less of a risk of getting caught, could have saved time grooming victims and could have saved money on buying gold crosses for children to mark them as victims.

Also, that doesn't address the huge cover up that went on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity