Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 11:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know, 'merely' labeled, wrong.

I am close to this subject personally, deal with it everyday of my life and now I am care giving my sister whose entire life has been effected and all around her...plus, I know others.

Let us not forget the family...oh my, how the family, esp the other siblings, are affected
when 'Johnny' retreats into himself , his whole personality changes, grades drop, future dreams and the parents saving for college go down the tubes, later in life 'Johnny' becomes a financial
disaster, possibly obese, then diabetic, going to many therapists or none, doesn't have healthy long term happy relationships...it goes on for a lifetime within the family.

Most pedophiles are very nice people, btw, with gentle demeanors...they are not mean or gruff...they
know how to attract flies with honey.

They are the Don Juan's of children; Seducers of trust, acutely aware of innocence.

Something is 'off' within their brains...as in, certain synapses that are connected and firing in
a reg brain do not in theirs...similar to a sociopath/anti-social and the narcissist...
their has been damage done very early on 2-5yrs old...as if a bridge has been washed out...the connections were never made properly.
A lay person may see it as simply warped or distorted thinking...it's much more.

I forgive them of their mental illness...and they should be kept away from society in an institution
of some kind and placed in therapy...with kindness.
These are not what you would call evil people, btw.
They are mentally ill.
This thread has no means of resolving anything other than ratings.
It is like the Oprah channel that consistently feeds death.
Or like a who is the daddy kimda filth that has been paid for the everyone knows who.

Leave em be sis.
They cannot be reasoned with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 11:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...96a7b-62376993

Pope Francis Must Resign: Digging In

Old 08-30-2018, 01:13 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Bob, obviously I'm coming at this from a different perspective and am offering my own points of view on this topic. I'm not one for tossing people on to the garbage heap and washing my hands of them simply because I'm affected by strong emotion or by what might be the tribal viewpoint of the day.

I'm not you. I don't want to be you. I'm me. I'm fine being me. Are we clear?

Oh, so the wrongness of a priest molesting a child is really only subjective, depending on a 'tribal viewpoint'?

Old 08-30-2018, 01:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Organization and its hierarchy are responsible for the actions of those employed as well as the perpetrator's who committed the offenses. Especially, given the fact that they were aware, but did nothing. However, the question is: What do you do about it decades later?

How do you compensate those that were wronged. How do you give back what was lost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And what would you do with the ones who covered up for him and the others? They are not 75 and are still in power.
They should be held accountable and removed from power.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They should be held accountable and removed from power.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Quote:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/br..._campaign=LSN#

BREAKING: Pope knowingly gave Vatican apartment to gay priest later caught in cocaine-fuelled orgy

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/v...u-need-to-know

Vatican gay orgy: 12 facts you need to know
This is a violation of celibacy. The link mentions nothing about children being involved in the orgy.

In order to fix your church it would be helpful to separate the issue of pedophilia from the issue of homosexuality. Child sexual abuse is your main problem. Take care of that first.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
This is a violation of celibacy. The link mentions nothing about children being involved in the orgy.

In order to fix your church it would be helpful to separate the issue of pedophilia from the issue of homosexuality. Child sexual abuse is your main problem. Take care of that first.
That has been pretty much taken care of. Each parish now has a program that every person who deals with children needs to go through.

Gay priests who abuse other priests are the issue now.

This breaks my heart since I am Catholic but it also makes me madder than non-Catholics. I was just there in Rome last year, I don't want to see my church taken over by sin and abuse.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:00 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Oh, so the wrongness of a priest molesting a child is really only subjective, depending on a 'tribal viewpoint'?
RCC is full of enablers who have aided and abetted the pedophiles.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
RCC is full of enablers who have aided and abetted the pedophiles.
We will see how deep it goes. There are many good people in the church, this is why we will be marching in the streets when the bishops conference convenes in November. The laity are fed up and are demanding action.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:41 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
We will see how deep it goes. There are many good people in the church, this is why we will be marching in the streets when the bishops conference convenes in November. The laity are fed up and are demanding action.

Yep. There is no question that the rank-and-file Catholics do indeed try their best to uphold Christ's teachings in their life and faith. No question about it. If I were a faithful Catholic, I imagine that I would feel anger and betrayal right now.

The problem comes with what is a hierarchy that seems completely disinterested in doing the right thing. It is so invested in protecting its turf that it's forgotten to do what is right and moral. This scandal has been one that has, truthfully, operated in slow motion over the past twenty years, consuming all in its path. It is a cancer, one that is now apparently reaching the top of the hierarchy.

I would take issue with something you wrote in a previous post, claiming that the church has handled it. It's pretty obvious that the church hasn't handled this at all. If it had, it would have addressed the institutional issues that created the scandal in the first place. After all, the scandal wasn't just about priests molesting children. Instead, the real crux of the scandal is what happened after the church learned of these outrages. Apparently the church continues to protect its higher ups.

This is exactly why the Reformation happened, by the way. A corrupt church could not or would not reform itself until circumstances forced the matter. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 08-31-2018 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity