U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 08:08 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,874,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh, I see...no fellowship happening ...
just speaking out warnings. I see.
Kind of like the man with verses on his truck and a loudspeaker.
I get it. Take care.
The hour is late. The time is quickly approaching when nobody will be able to warn anymore. Take it to heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You guys are loopy beyond belief. Forest fires have been a way of life in that part of the world forever. I mean, if you think a forest fire or a hail storm is a sign of the apocalypse, you must go batsh*t crazy when a hurricane strikes the Gulf Coast.
Sure, it's just a forest fire. It's just another hurricane. It's just another earthquake. It's just another hail storm. It's just another ...

Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 AM

767 posts, read 430,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No doubt the people of Noah's day scoffed saying "HA! This crazy man has been building this ark on dry land for 120 years! HA! HA!" However, after 120 years, the ark was finally finished; Noah, his family and the animals were loaded on board. After yet 7 more days (Grace), the door to the ark was finally closed (No more mercy). The rain begin to pour. "Is it just another thunderstorm?, the people wondered. It continued to pour for days on end. Concern set in. It continued to pour and pour and pour as the floods raged; fear and panic struck, but it was too late because Judgement was being executed on the unrepentant. Scoffers had no scoff left in them anymore. Everybody died. Only those in the ark of safety lived.
Jesus show ,just as in Noah's day, they wouldn't listen, so will it be in the last day, in which we are living ,(Luke 17:26,27 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all). MANY "Christians" who points the negative finger at "unbelievers" ,(2Cor. 4:4). don't seem to understand that even many of them are also "unbelievers", even if they do feel they believe. because MANY are doing some of the acts you posted from the book of Timothy, the same acts of the unbelievers. sadly satan has MANY believing that because they are baptized. regardless of the fact that MANY tries to straddle the fence, they are "SAVED".

but Jesus told us WHEN... we will know we are saved ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). the "END", hasn't hit yet. so NONE OF US who call ourselves a "Christian" should believe we have an automatic first class ticket to Heaven. enduring means making sure we're doing our best to do Jesus FATHER'S WILL if we want life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven), and following the step Jesus placed before us, (1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). if not, even if MANY refuse to believe...just like in Noah's time. "Christian" or NOT, if we don't obey, we WILL be destroyed! peace

Old 08-12-2018, 08:25 AM

5,501 posts, read 2,323,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Jesus show ,just as in Noah's day, they wouldn't listen, so will it be in the last day, in which we are living ,(Luke 17:26,27 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all). MANY "Christians" who points the negative finger at "unbelievers" ,(2Cor. 4:4). don't seem to understand that even many of them are also "unbelievers", even if they do feel they believe. because MANY are doing some of the acts you posted from the book of Timothy, the same acts of the unbelievers. sadly satan has MANY believing that because they are baptized. regardless of the fact that MANY tries to straddle the fence, they are "SAVED".

but Jesus told us WHEN... we will know we are saved ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). the "END", hasn't hit yet. so NONE OF US who call ourselves a "Christian" should believe we have an automatic first class ticket to Heaven. enduring means making sure we're doing our best to do Jesus FATHER'S WILL if we want life ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven), and following the step Jesus placed before us, (1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). if not, even if MANY refuse to believe...just like in Noah's time. "Christian" or NOT, if we don't obey, we WILL be destroyed! peace

Of course, you ignore other scripture that points out that no one knows the time of His coming. So the OP and posts like this are decidedly counter to the Christ's and Paul's teachings on the end times.

That's why the fundamental problem with millenarians isn't just misappropriation of scripture. Deep down, the real problem is that of runaway ego. The OP desperately wants this time, this generation to be the special generation, the time of Christ's return, and he wants to be the prophet. So, deep down, he delights in tragedy and misfortune, pointing out the human cost because it gives him yet another opportunity to say, "See? See?" The opportunism and the desire to play Jeremiah here is pretty transparent.

And, in truth, he chooses some pretty weak cheese as a sign of God's impending wrath. As big as this forest fire is for the people who live near it, it's not that big a deal for people who live elsewhere. A few days back, the OP was over on Current Events writing about a hail storm in Colorado that killed two birds in a zoo as proof of the Lord's coming fury. I mean, what the did birds do wrong? Why pick a zoo in the Rocky Mountains?

Yet natural disasters are part of life on planet Earth. We have always had weather and we'll always have weather. We've always had forest fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, and a host of other calamities, yet we keep plugging on. I mean, if you want to see real wrath of God stuff, the Black Death killed anywhere between a quarter and a third of the world's population in the 14th Century. No second coming then. A cyclone hit Bangladesh in 1970 and killed a half million people. No second coming then, either. So compared to those, and no disrespect to the poor folks of Northern California, those forest fires are a pretty garden-variety disaster in the grand scheme of things.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:52 AM

15,494 posts, read 12,183,422 times
Oh my, MinivanDriver, I don't really know you...you hit it...runaway ego...I had that when
I wanted to help or change my sister who I saw as unhappy...it was my own runaway ego tricking me that it was love to
'save' her. Nope, it was my agenda.
Now, I just love her...let her 'be'.

I thought loving her was trying to change her...now I am her caregiver, constant contact now...I never try to change her...
I listen and empathize...she knows everything she needs to know...if she cares to apply it...up to her.
Whatever is fine.
I was given 2 commandments...just your everyday basic loving of people was one.
Bullhorn preaching was not part of it, tho, the egoic mind wants ya to think it's love.

Mentioning something in love and concern is one thing...beating people over the heads with repeated beliefs just turns people off...esp if filled with the fear of some hell and a punishing Father...accomplishing the opposite of bringing people to Jesus, or Christ or God or repenting...

I'm commiserating with you...I do not expect my words to be read by nor have any effect on those that think they are on a mission.
I hope they place me on ignore as I have them, really..we are of 2 diff ways of belief, that's all...
why waste time either of us.
God bless 'em.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 AM

25,904 posts, read 13,463,542 times

Old 08-12-2018, 09:47 AM

15,494 posts, read 12,183,422 times
Joy and love create a net in which you catch souls....inspired by something Mother Theresa said.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Of course, you ignore other scripture that points out that no one knows the time of His coming. So the OP and posts like this are decidedly counter to the Christ's and Paul's teachings on the end times.
You're either ignorant of the Scriptures are you're being disingenuous. Jesus said that no one would know the day, but that they would know the season and to watch. We are living in the season of the last days of this age, an age of the earth run by godless people. The signs are everywhere. The Saints are going to inherit this earth.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 3 days ago)

16,391 posts, read 8,924,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Joy and love create a net in which you catch souls....inspired by something Mother Theresa said.
The scriptures are full of warnings, including the words of Jesus.

Matthew 11:20-22
Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent. "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. "Nevertheless I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.

Matthew 24:19-21
"But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! "But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. "For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:17 AM

56,274 posts, read 54,731,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You're either ignorant of the Scriptures are you're being disingenuous. Jesus said that no one would know the day, but that they would know the season and to watch. We are living in the season of the last days of this age, an age of the earth run by godless people. The signs are everywhere. The Saints are going to inherit this earth.
The trouble is that people have been saying exactly what you're saying for centuries. End of the world, all the signs, etc. etc. etc. I remember hearing how we are in the last days as a child in the 1960s. All those long-dead people who believed just as you do that they were special and going to see those last days and be the ones laughing over the destruction of the unsaved were wrong. You are, too.

Instead of spending your life waiting with anticipation for terrible things to happen to people you don't even know, why not live your days doing something that makes the world a better place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or