Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:52 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The bright side of it too is that multitudes are being set free from a way of thinking that there was no need to sucuumb to in the first place.Without doubt there is a huge shift away these belief systems that not only make no sense whatsoever but never benefited anyone in the slightest other than appease the fearful that that were not going to hell they believed was real and promoted.
It’s good to be alive right about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 12:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That was the devil that was partying inside us! Don't forget I was an Evangelical...
I love parties .

Old 08-12-2018, 12:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
...that there was no need to succumb to in the first place...
You should have seen my face in Feb 2010...when I 'got it'...it was all made up, dah...and to top it off I saw clearer and loved and understood Christ and God even more!

Old 08-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It’s good to be alive right about now.
It's also good to know that nothing separates us or those denying the power of God from the love of God. We are made out of love and made for love. I cannot turn away from those who deny the power of the love of God, other than their belief systems that i was convinced of myself.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You should have seen my face in Feb 2010...when I 'got it'...it was all made up, dah...and to top it off I saw clearer and loved and understood Christ and God even more!
Amen! Miss H, it was the fall of that year when i began to see things differently, prior to that i thought seeing the great truth of Universal Reconcilation was where it was at, i did not realize it was the gateway to something far greater.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:25 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,316 times
Quote:
I love parties .
Me too. Will you be supplying the craft beer or should I bring my own?

Old 08-12-2018, 01:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No doubt the people of Noah's day scoffed saying "HA! This crazy man has been building this ark on dry land for 120 years! HA! HA!" However, after 120 years, the ark was finally finished; Noah, his family and the animals were loaded on board. After yet 7 more days (Grace), the door to the ark was finally closed (No more mercy). The rain begin to pour. "Is it just another thunderstorm?", the people wondered. It continued to pour for days on end. Concern set in. It continued to pour and pour and pour as the floods raged; fear and panic struck, but it was too late because Judgement was being executed on the unrepentant. Scoffers had no scoff left in them anymore. Everybody died. Only those in the ark of safety lived.
So when the rain starts ans continues for 40 day s and 40 nights, I might come knocking on the door of he church.

Again, evangelicals are using an event, that is 89% mythological, if not certainly a T A L L tale told some 3500 years ago to create FEAR and MANIPULATE pipe in the modern era.

There in lies the real problem evangelicals have--THERE IS NO RECENT EVIDENCE they can offer, and even the 2500 plus year old written word is so suspect....

As for the F E A R of judgement, what is there exactly to fear?

If one TRUSTS god, and respects god, and LOVES god, what the hey is there to FEAR? I feared my daddy only because I never KNEW what he would do or who he was from one day to the next---The only reason to FEAR someone is because we are unable to have a relationship with them and engage in a conversation.

JUDGEMENT?? Life on earth is HELL and everyday a JUDGEMENT for the marginalized who have no food, shelter, health care, education, clean water, and all the other BASICS of life...

Yet the evangelicals are ONLY concerned with dying????

For too many of us, DYING would be a blessing, and since the evangelical church REFUSES to do as Jesus did and SHARE resources, the marginalized DIE believing god has no interest in their existence now, why would god care about them after death...

Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Except the next one, who will claim it as their own long after you are gone.
and the generation prior to this generation..

Old 08-12-2018, 01:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Whoa z-28....I never saw that Jewish quote....very sobering.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:47 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Zman, do you know actual churches who don’t do charity work?

Quote:
For too many of us, DYING would be a blessing, and since the evangelical church REFUSES to do as Jesus did and SHARE resources, the marginalized DIE believing god has no interest in their existence now, why would god care about them after death...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity