Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:12 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,294,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There is a separation, hell is just not what people think it is. Jesus sends Christians to hell after they spend their life teaching his name and doing miracles in his name, they are separated when he says,'' Depart from me, I never knew you.''

Hell is the regret of not learning more than you did, those people who the Christians are separated from are priests, and it is not that Jesus torments anyone for their fleshly sins, but that the priests have become wholly new creatures where the separated have not.

It is like living a wonderful life beside a river thinking you were in heaven, but then you find out about Electricity and you find out the rest of the world has miracles in technology that you never even knew about, and you suddenly regretted that your life could have been so much more, but I doubt anyone is a new soul, and I doubt learning ever stops.

But there is a separation, it's just not what people think, people really will weep and gnash their teeth but only with regret of not having done more. If there was no separation at all, there would not be a point, not even a point for being born. The people in hell are still saved, the works of every man will be tested by fire, and some will burn and watch their works burn, but even those who lose everything in the fire are still saved, but they are not like the ones who stood in the flames to receive the reward. Salvation and Salvation with reward, if there was not a reward, there would be no point in running a race, and because there is reward, we know that everyone will not be the same.
The separation is only an illusion, Hanni, created in our own minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 07:55 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,350,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Doesn't make it any less real. If we believe it, it's real.

I believe the separation is in man's mind, not God's. He's wondering...why won't he come over by Me? I just wanna give him a big hug and he runs away every time I approach him.

Back to OP..why is the 2nd coming doom to so many? What if the Earth is going through it's birth pangs right now? I don't see this as spreading fear but rather hope. This earthly kingdom has been handed over to satan for a short time...Be nice when they throw him in shackles again and man gets his planet back.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I believe the separation is in man's mind, not God's..
Well, you're not as dumb as your name implies! Kidding, Zero....I love ya...Zero is a fine name.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:

I believe the separation is in man's mind, not God's. He's wondering...why won't he come over by Me? I just wanna give him a big hug and he runs away every time I approach him. ...
I agree. That's why it's important to come to the realization that it's something we, not God, are creating.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
..there is no "spiritual" death for those who reject Jesus.
Now this is quite a shocking statement to make to a Christian, as you know.
Let's walk them through this to calm them... God is Love...He created us and knows we are very slow on the uptake.
( I know you don't believe this TD, I'm talking to Christians).
God is not unreasonable.

He knows we make mistakes, get distracted in drugs and such, make poor choices...but,
we are not punished for not believing in something we can not see...He is our Father and He has ways to
smarten us up that do not include eternal torment for being stupid, as He Himself created us;
no spiritual annihilation.
I know this is shocking to hear this from a source that is not in the Bible.

The Holy Spirit was sent to guide us...listen and you will hear in your heart..."No spiritual death or
eternal punishment..." it's like a whisper that fills your insides when you hear it.
And what a day that IS!

Old 08-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 27 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,647,775 times
Quote:

I believe the separation is in man's mind, not God's. He's wondering...why won't he come over by Me? I just wanna give him a big hug and he runs away every time I approach him.

Back to OP..why is the 2nd coming doom to so many? What if the Earth is going through it's birth pangs right now? I don't see this as spreading fear but rather hope. This earthly kingdom has been handed over to satan for a short time...Be nice when they throw him in shackles again and man gets his planet back.
The separation is real, but Jesus is the “bridge” to the Father. See John 3.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sure, Jesus was one of the people in history who showed that the concept of God having separated Godself from us was/is erroneous. Thank God for the bridges.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:58 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,423,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You're either ignorant of the Scriptures are you're being disingenuous. Jesus said that no one would know the day, but that they would know the season and to watch. We are living in the season of the last days of this age, an age of the earth run by godless people. The signs are everywhere. The Saints are going to inherit this earth.
The bible also says this will all happen AT A TIME NO ONE EXPECTS...so if people are expecting something like this to happen any day, more than likely they are very wrong.

If it does truly happen at a time no one expects, that would indicate the 'times' in which they are living in, will not look that bad or look like 'the end is near'

Old 08-14-2018, 01:01 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,056,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The bridge concept is a false one. Scripture does not teach it, if you think it does, show me in the scriptures where it says so. It teaches He (As He is so are WE in this world)is the Way OF the Father and in following his knowledge of the Father we too walk in the way OF the Father.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:14 PM

22,760 posts, read 10,216,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Not created in my mind, it is a fact of scripture.

Rosh Hashanah is the day of division, and the sheep will be divided from the goats, but this is just one person, a Gentile.

There are still others who became pregnant with a new born creature where they raised a full grown son within them, and not everyone will give birth.

We are body, soul, and spirit and a division will divide these in people where people will be saved, and yet there are others who raised a full grown new creature that have become more than just body, soul, and spirit....

The Gentiles are pregnant with a new born creature, but if they don't raise that child in the milk of the word until he can eat the meat of the word to become a priest, God will kill their children.

There are few people who raise a full grown son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity