Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,250,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think that everyone should be required to read Night. It is a short book, but I did not sleep well for a couple of days after reading it.
Ah, yes, a good reason to read it...
I have the highest respect for EW, may he rest in peace....with his Einstein eyes.
I have read and seen enuff Holocaust stories to last me a life time, tho. Books you may not have even heard of from survivors. Oy vey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 09:19 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,695,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
He did, but the good news is GOOD because of the bad news. Judgement is coming, but Jesus took our judgement upon Himself and has rescued us from the penalty of sin.
Everyone will be judged. The penalty of sin is DEATH. That is not the judgment.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 AM

20,397 posts, read 12,696,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Everyone will be judged. The penalty of sin is DEATH. That is not the judgment.
Yes, but spiritual death for those who reject Jesus. That is why everyone needs to hear the gospel message of salvation in Christ.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,058,111 times
Quote:
Yes, but spiritual death for those who reject Jesus. That is why everyone needs to hear the gospel message of salvation in Christ.
Much as you and your fundie cohort wish it to be true, there is no "spiritual" death for those who reject Jesus.

Sorry, jimmie. But once Earth is done with us, pagans like me are going to be rubbing spiritual shoulders with Christians, Muslims and atheists et al. Too bad - so sad.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:26 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,330,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Much as you and your fundie cohort wish it to be true, there is no "spiritual" death for those who reject Jesus.

Sorry, jimmie. But once Earth is done with us, pagans like me are going to be rubbing spiritual shoulders with Christians, Muslims and atheists et al. Too bad - so sad.
And, too, the idea that people are rejecting Jesus is a false perception on their part. People are, to some degree, rejecting their idea of who/what Jesus is, but that's not the same thing.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:40 AM

22,918 posts, read 10,291,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Y'all pagans already have the same Holy days in common, Christians just don't like being called Pagan, they like to judge pagans while they keep pagan ways. Kinda messed up don't ya think?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No doubt the people of Noah's day scoffed saying "HA!

Noah's flood is coming, that is what the second coming is about,'' Noah's flood.''

Shemini Atzeret.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:14 PM

63,484 posts, read 39,770,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The bad news is that so many people (especially some Christians, it seems) think God is keeping a record of wrongs and is planning to impose an eternal penalty and holds Godself separate from "sinners". The bad news is that they don't apparently realize that in God we all live and move and have our being, and that God is so near each one of us that there is no separation at all.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,695,042 times
Quote:
Those who do not know God are already spiritually dead and cannot hear God UNLESS God allows them to hear him. God reveals himself to whom he will and calls whom he will and chooses whom he will and does all his will. Who can stop God from doing all his pleasure?

The point being is that the spiritually dead appear to be alive, but they are still waiting to be called out of their graves.

The Blind Man at Bethsaida

Mark Chapter 8
…23 So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. Then He spit on the man’s eyes and placed His hands on him. “Can you see anything?” He asked. 24The man looked up and said, “I can see the people, but they look like trees walking around.” 25Once again Jesus placed His hands on the man’s eyes, and when he opened them his sight was restored, and he could see everything clearly.…

Old 08-13-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The bad news is that so many people (especially some Christians, it seems) think God is keeping a record of wrongs and is planning to impose an eternal penalty and holds Godself separate from "sinners". The bad news is that they don't apparently realize that in God we all live and move and have our being, and that God is so near each one of us that there is no separation at all.
There is a separation, hell is just not what people think it is. Jesus sends Christians to hell after they spend their life teaching his name and doing miracles in his name, they are separated when he says,'' Depart from me, I never knew you.''

Hell is the regret of not learning more than you did, those people who the Christians are separated from are priests, and it is not that Jesus torments anyone for their fleshly sins, but that the priests have become wholly new creatures where the separated have not.

It is like living a wonderful life beside a river thinking you were in heaven, but then you find out about Electricity and you find out the rest of the world has miracles in technology that you never even knew about, and you suddenly regretted that your life could have been so much more, but I doubt anyone is a new soul, and I doubt learning ever stops.

But there is a separation, it's just not what people think, people really will weep and gnash their teeth but only with regret of not having done more. If there was no separation at all, there would not be a point, not even a point for being born. The people in hell are still saved, the works of every man will be tested by fire, and some will burn and watch their works burn, but even those who lose everything in the fire are still saved, but they are not like the ones who stood in the flames to receive the reward. Salvation and Salvation with reward, if there was not a reward, there would be no point in running a race, and because there is reward, we know that everyone will not be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity