U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:13 AM

40,187 posts, read 26,814,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post

Love is the only thing that would ever motivate me to share Christ with anyone. You are the one preaching a gospel of fear and dread rather than proclaiming the good news that shall be unto all people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
"When you're in love, everybody knows. " I'd give you the link RainMusic, but I'm on my IPad and cannot.

The lead singer is Merrilou Lucas and the short video presentation is on YouTube. Several versions, but I like the one where she sings in church with a trio of ladies providing harmony.

Finn doesn't have a love relationship with Jesus. Most every post of his is about a legal relationship to the Bible.

Except for his next one, which will be a snarky remark about me! Thank you, Jesus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 03:37 AM

32,312 posts, read 21,160,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
"When you're in love, everybody knows. " I'd give you the link RainMusic, but I'm on my IPad and cannot.

The lead singer is Merrilou Lucas and the short video presentation is on YouTube. Several versions, but I like the one where she sings in church with a trio of ladies providing harmony.

Finn doesn't have a love relationship with Jesus. Most every post of his is about a legal relationship to the Bible.

Except for his next one, which will be a snarky remark about me! Thank you, Jesus!

Old 08-14-2018, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And yet you refuse to share it with your neighbors.,,,
Share what ? You know your bible talks about the word being made manifest?. Who is goin to listen to you legal beliefs about the bible if there is no word made manifest in your life?. I'll tell you how many........ Bugger all, none, not a sausage, diddly squat. By this shall ALL men know(you can finish the quote).

Old 08-14-2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
And yet you refuse to share it with your neighbors.,,,
Love, not quoting your bible beliefs is the word of God made manifest.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:36 AM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 5 days ago)

16,400 posts, read 8,927,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I have never claimed that salvation is automatic. It's all in God's timing and order. In fact, I do believe that we are to "work out our own salvation" as the scripture says -- not sure about the with fear and trembling part.

I have also said many times that God will judge ALL. You will be judged just the same as the next person. However, if you teach that salvation is about "not being sent to hell" - that's just wrong. Salvation is new every morning - God's grace is ever reaching out to all. However, there are deceptions in people's minds that can lead them into misery and a hellish mental existence. That is because of the spirit of anti-Christ in the world. If you have the wrong image of God, you are not "saved". Jesus said that people would call light darkness and put darkness for light. Eternal torment is a very dark doctrine, clearly one of demons and those who hold to it cannot lead anyone to Christ because you cannot hold two opposing views about God in your mind at the same time without turning to cognitive dissonance. Some people are better at this because they have calloused, hardened hearts. I know I cannot form a person's heart -- that is God's business so perhaps God intended for some to harden their hearts to his great mercy and pretend to know him when they do not.
Best to read ALL the words of Jesus, to get a clear understanding of who God is (bolded above).

Old 08-14-2018, 04:46 AM

63,215 posts, read 34,440,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Finn....it's not a refusal. Hahaha...you're funny, you're really hung up on my neighbors! LOL....Let's see, we have fear, guilt, now trying the shaming tactic.
What will be next...I know the Holy Spirit uses love and kindness to guide people ...wanna try that?
I'm serious...wanna try that?
You brought up fear and guilt, not me. You brought it up when i said you can share your faith, as if that is what sharing your faith means. Yes, love and kindness would be a good approach, but if I'm not mistaken your point is that its better to not mention God at all because people might be offended. Its fine. If you know they won't tolerate it, then don't do it. Evangelizing is not everyone's gift.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:43 AM

15,530 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Quote:
You brought up fear and guilt, not me. You brought it up when i said you can share your faith, as if that is what sharing your faith means. Yes, love and kindness would be a good approach, but if I'm not mistaken your point is that its better to not mention God at all because people might be offended. Its fine. If you know they won't tolerate it, then don't do it. Evangelizing is not everyone's gift.
Oh, a reticence to talk about God to neighbors that I know would not be receptive could be interpreted as fear. I see, ok.
I don't personally see it that way....I see it as not stupid, LOL!

Guilt has not been in me since 1972, so I don't know where you got that one. I feel sorry I did something, (I'm not a sociopath!, Ha), but, I am very sorry, just that, commit to never doing that again...and move on...
I have no mental impairment of ruminating over past
mistakes beating myself up with some false humility and heaping shame on myself....
I learn and just never do them again!
What good would I be to God if I was obsessed with guilt so he could not enjoy our relationship?
My cup would be filled with guilt!!

Ever try to make love to your wife when she is filled with guilt over something at work?
Yeah, well, forget about THAT! Same with our relationship with God.

Guilt is a trick of the egoic mind (devil)
that tries endlessly to keep us away from God's Love...as is anger, jealously, laziness,pride ...'and the gang',
all part of the devil's/ego's bag of tricks.
That's why every morning we must put on our armor against 'the enemy'.

You might like this, Finn, I forgot...in Dec 2005, I said hi across the street to my gentle, widowed Catholic neighbor now in her 80s....where she says to me, "You've been looking very good."
(Huh? From across the street in my yard? Getting out of my car?)
Well, she was unconsciously seeing my aura, (vibration/energy to the old hippies here.)
That's when we had a bigger heart to heart...since 2 months before I had yet another sudden
Divine event that stayed
for 5 full hours that again 'changed my life'. Oh my...and those since ...whew.

Catholics are very open to miracles and Visitations and Divine messages coming to people from out of nowhere. (There is a secret club we have, hahaha, that we understand each other
and can share supernatural events...it's cool....shhhh.
I'm no longer Catholic, but I LOVE Catholics! Bishop Sheen would roll over in his grave, as they say.)

So, see, when a person is open...you can't shut me up...and I mean you can't. We sat for 2 hours and she shared mainly her depression and I gave her verses to hang on to for dear life like a
lifesaver when you're drowning...never let them go...trust them.

*I can share one as an example, if you're curious below. They are like 'a light in the darkness', imo.

So what do the other neighbors get? They still get the gospel...and sometimes I use words.
Thank you St. Francis of Assisi for that guidance.
Take care, Finn.

*I, of course, have this memorized, ha.
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will,
he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we have asked of Him. -1 John 5

(Ha, then a lesson ensues on what is God's Will...ie, for us to come to Him for everything, rely on Him
for love, happiness, abundance, peace...seeking Him first and His Kingdom....and all else will come.)
That's just one I use to uplift my little, struggling Christians friends...as I said, I get many free (long) lunches ...acquaintances
asking for a little counsel or asking for a healing.
Boy, you get me talking, Finn!

Old 08-14-2018, 08:13 AM

6,020 posts, read 1,717,649 times
Quote:
This is the world I live in..we all know each other...we phone each other...we take the
elderly ones to the doc...call each other if a stranger is at their door, shovel their front entrances and walk by 8am.
No adulterers or thieves here. No talk of God...one is pagan, another a gay hairdresser with blue ribbon poodles he shows,
another a nutty frizzy haired, old hippie that sweeps the same area at 5am each morning feeding all the kitties with a flower in her hair.
I don't care about all the adulterers in yous guyes' world.
There;
or whether yous guys think someone else is going to hell.

Tho, this is America so I can do nothing to 'make' you happy, also.
Was that ok to say, Mods...
I'm sorry. I'm trying to make sense of that. What's your point, exactly? That because people help each other....sin is impossible? Is that it?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 AM

15,530 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sorry. I'm trying to make sense of that.

What's your point, exactly? That because people help each other....sin is impossible?
Is that it?
Hi BF, You know me a little, would I ever say sin is impossible cuz some people help each other? That would be just plain stupid to say that.

Naw...I was just tired seeing threads on demons, adulterers, eternal torment and sinners, etc...
I get that way sometimes.
For the land is not filled with adulterers; it has good people in the 'land'. That's all.
Have a good day, BF.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM

6,020 posts, read 1,717,649 times
Quote:
Hi BF, You know me a little, would I ever say sin is impossible cuz some people help each other? That would be just plain stupid to say that.

Naw...I was just tired seeing threads on demons, adulterers, eternal torment and sinners, etc...
I get that way sometimes.
For the land is not filled with adulterers; it has good people in the 'land'. That's all.
Have a good day, BF.
OK...just as I said...I was perplexed with what your message was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or