U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:32 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,538,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Neither was the husband of one wife, so neither was an elder. Deny the qualifications all you want. I'm a believer of the word.
first thanks for the reply. second, show in the bible the qualification that a bishop must be Married. only if married only one wife, but if you have a different qualification that a Bishop must be married, please book chapter and verse.

PICYJAG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
This is such an astounding statement. Think of it -- even if you have all those things, but not love, you are NOTHING but the sound of clanging symbols. This is what the hate mongers sound like - clanging symbols. They make a loud noise and annoy those who hear them! Why do they do this? Because they are void of AGAPE love for sinners/neighbors/one and all. They pervert the gospel which is no gospel at all. They love to hear themselves and take it upon themselves to teach things that God never meant to be taught.
thanks for the respond, true if any man or woman have not Charity/God, yes, God, Charity is LOVE, and God is Love, they are just as my High school teacher also said, "an empty wagon that makes a lot of noise".

if we don't have LOVE in our hearts we are useless. for Love overcomes everything. I believe this. there is no defense against Love, nor is there a price on Love either.

as the apostle said, 1 Corinthians 12:29 "Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinthians 12:30 "Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1 Corinthians 12:31 "But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way".

be blessed in Christ Yeshua.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:11 AM

5,952 posts, read 1,702,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
The apostle Paul establish the church at Rome from long distance. The saints there was in need of organization. By the Lord Jesus, the Holy Ghost, the apostle planted, establish the first Pastor/Bishop at Rome.

The letter, the epistle, which bare the city name, was sent by the apostle himself, and carried by hand of the newly appointed minister who was installed as Bishop to the saint at Rome.

The newly installed Bishop, is none other than our sister Phebe who was a Minister at the church which is at Cenchrea.

In helping out sister in this succession to Bishop is two other Bishops who are husband and wife, Priscilla and Aquila. Yes, here we have another women Bishop, and get this, Married. (well that should spark a reply because of 1 Timothy 3:2).

Many would say, “the church fathers have NOT such a letter in their possession”, to study and to rely on with confidence.

I must disagree, we have the Letter/epistle of the original church fathers. this Letter/epistle is not lost, but is found in our bibles, the Letters to the Romans.

Romans 16:1 "I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Romans 16:2 "That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

In these 3 verses alone, we see the appointment of a newly installed Bishop at Rome.

But there are many women who was “ORDAINED” in many positions of leadership within the Church of God. Many has gone unnoticed for many of years, well that;s over with now.

This one Position of Ordained Leadership caught my attention because it went unnoticed in plain sight. This was the appointment of the First Bishop/Pastor at Rome.

I wonder if the Church there have examine this epistle closely, as to it’s revelation, and or consequences in the church today.

PICYJAG
Weird how Phoebe is never actually called a bishop. That's all conjecture. It has no basis in actual fact.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:33 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times
what do some of you do with Deborah anyway? and that was a man mans mans world. yet right there is a woman judge!

actually it is just a perception men like that it was a man world.. there has always been queens and women leaders in the gentile nations. And jews were culturally and should be geneticly half (C)Hittites on their moms' side..
" your fathers were Amorite, your mother a Hittite".. you all know what a Hittite is don't you? .. clan Chittim/ Kittim.. in ancient America we call this clan Kituwah now..
.. yep Jews is half Cherokee on the momma's side.... who would have thunk it..;P rotf..
yes when Jews came to America they thought Cherokee were Jews.. no Jews are half Hittites. Hittites were people before Jews were a people.. .
they had it half wrong.. they have different daddies..
and why Jews and Cherokee were once matrilineal societies.. now neither are really. but the roots are old as EVE!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-14-2018 at 08:49 AM..

Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
what do some of you do with Deborah anyway? and that was a man mans mans world. yet right there is a woman judge!
You mean the Judge? She wasn't a pastor or elder. God used her in a governmental leadership position. The same way any woman is certainly qualified to be President, Governor, or Manager at the local Kwiki-Mart.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 AM

25,812 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird how Phoebe is never actually called a bishop. That's all conjecture. It has no basis in actual fact.

Much of the bible has no basis in actual fact.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Much of the bible has no basis in actual fact.
yay. More chirping from the resident anti-religion guy. Man...you really need a life.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM

25,812 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
yay. More chirping from the resident anti-religion guy. Man...you really need a life.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
first thanks for the response. second, no conjecture, this is how the KJV is written. it is hidden to unwise eyes, the Holy Ghost must teach you. no green horn with an education can come off the street or out of a Higher center of Learning and get this. hence the reason why so many factions, and doctrine, because of unlearned men failing to study the word of God ... with God.

2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

notice what the verse did not say, "study to learn God". no, study to show God that you're interested in his word and he will reveal his word/Son to you.

see, one cannot study the bible to learn God, no, it must be "REVEALED" unto you. as the apostle Paul said, he got this by Revelation, not on his own effort.

I tried the old fashion way, it want work. so I surrendered to God and asked him to teach me. in so he show me patterns, nuggets stop signs, and a whole host of other thing to understand his word. now with the Holy Ghost teaching I see, not with Natural eyes, but with Spiritual eyes of God to get the meat of the scriptures. I'll give an example of this at the end of this post.

now, let me say this. "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH AN EDUCATION" as long as one do not put it before God.

I had to renew my mind, I has to start from scratch. 99.5% of what I learned in church, as the apostle said, "I count as dung". don't get me wrong that 0.5% took me a long ways, so I'm graceful for that. but now I glorify God who teach me, and I hold no hard feeling to my teachers of those days, they only taught what was taught them, so no finger pointing. and let me say this also, "GOD CAN SEND MEN AND WOMEN TO TEACH YOU ALSO". so I'm not that stupid to ignore the word of God in a mouth prepared by God.

but now in studying God word, I'm happy, fulfilled, and confidant in "GOD". not of myself, but in "GOD".

when one KNOW something for sure, they can then stand with confident on the Lord God almighty Jesus the Christ.

PS now this example: in the book of Acts chapter #2, the apostles was speaking in other tongues. and Peter said this, Acts 2:16 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel". and here is this prophecy, Joel 2:28 & 29 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit".

now, BaptistFundie, do you see speaking in tongues in Joel 2:28 and 29?. ..... I do, let me know if you do. if not, this is the same way you didn't see our sister Phoebe is never actually called a bishop. ...

Old 08-14-2018, 08:56 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times
Quote:
You mean the Judge? She wasn't a pastor or elder. God used her in a governmental leadership position. The same way any woman is certainly qualified to be President, Governor, or Manager at the local Kwiki-Mart.
the judges were the like moses and were spiritual leaders also.
whenever there was no judge in israel they went spiritually crazy.. each man doing as he saw fit and then spiritually would fall off a cliff.. the laws of God and man is/has a spiritual element .. you can't separate them like they try to do with the new testament. It don't work that way..
the Holy Spirit just helps build us up into the laws of God, first by healing us so that we can hear and see and then changing our hearts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or