Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 06:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

This is the world I live in..we all know each other...we phone each other...we take the
elderly ones to the doc...call each other if a stranger is at their door, shovel their front entrances and walk by 8am.
No adulterers or thieves here. No talk of God...one is pagan, another a gay hairdresser with blue ribbon poodles he shows,
another a nutty frizzy haired, old hippie that sweeps the same area at 5am each morning feeding all the kitties with a flower in her hair.
I don't care about all the adulterers in yous guyes' world.
There;
or whether yous guys think someone else is going to hell.

Tho, this is America so I can do nothing to 'make' you happy, also.
Was that ok to say, Mods...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 02:58 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
No talk of God sounds typical .... Still Christians should always say to immoralities put on them and tell these people ``No I cannot do that for I know Jesus and am a Christian `` when People put sin on their table to do so People will know that some people are of Jesus ..... Sure Christians are never to judge others and put them down or curse them but to just get along one to another , and spread the gospel by making others know who you are when chances come up

Old 08-13-2018, 03:52 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No talk of God sounds typical .... Still Christians should always say to immoralities put on them and tell these people ``No I cannot do that for I know Jesus and am a Christian `` when People put sin on their table to do so People will know that some people are of Jesus ..... Sure Christians are never to judge others and put them down or curse them but to just get along one to another , and spread the gospel by making others know who you are when chances come up
Well, Miss should have said, "no self-righteous talk of God."

Old 08-13-2018, 04:11 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
New International Version
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
https://biblehub.com/matthew/10-14.htm

Old 08-13-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Well, every person knows exactly who I am...lol...back in my Evangelical days I was in the paper a couple times and couldn't shutup about God...I couldn't walk my dog without someone saying hi...and chiming in about their faith, also.
A neighbor after being here 5 years said, "You never told me you were xxxx."
I'm known in the local Art community downtown, luckily it's a big city, ha, so I can get away from that, but the word is out I'm very spiritual...I always have to be on my best behavior...hahahaha...
people coming up to me, saying, "I know you, you're xxxxx."

I get many free lunches with people that want my help or advice, cuz word is out! LOL!
( I pray for people and they get healed thru the Holy Spirit - I didn't say that in the paper lol...and other things, long story, ya can't keep these things secret! Lol! )

('Hey, haven't sold a house sitting there 2 years? Call Miss Hepburn!' Got a lousy marriage, have lunch with MH.. Got a friend in the hospital?)

No one is asking me to partake in bad behavior, hljc.

And people that know who I am suddenly become very nice when they bump into me....like when you do when you're a teen smoking and your pastor walks in...'Oops, hide the smokes!' It's fun to watch.

Gee, I gave quite a background on myself here...

Old 08-13-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
The way you get around that is keep your religion or beliefs to yourself and have fun with them...it's not as if they haven't heard it all already!So now is the time to be happy and helpful. Drop the G bomb subtly as in,
"Wow, did God Grace me yesterday!" That's all ya have to do...then, be yourself, reflecting the peace and joy ya found in God.
They're not stupid. Best not to treat people like they are. ( Not aiming this at you, gabfest)

Btw, helps to put the Ch and verse for people, too, thanks. Matt 10-14

Thanks to everyone that dropped into this thread. xo

Old 08-13-2018, 06:09 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The way you get around that is keep your religion or beliefs to yourself and have fun with them...it's not as if they haven't heard it all already!So now is the time to be happy and helpful. Drop the G bomb subtly as in,
"Wow, did God Grace me yesterday!" That's all ya have to do...then, be yourself, reflecting the peace and joy ya found in God.
They're not stupid. Best not to treat people like they are. ( Not aiming this at you, gabfest)

Btw, helps to put the Ch and verse for people, too, thanks. Matt 10-14

Thanks to everyone that dropped into this thread. xo
Yes, especially on a Christianity forum...thanks for the sage advice!

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
https://biblehub.com/romans/12-18.htm

Old 08-13-2018, 06:16 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
No talk of God sounds typical .... Still Christians should always say to immoralities put on them and tell these people ``No I cannot do that for I know Jesus and am a Christian ``
People are offended by the mere mention of God, so some people find it easier to never even mention it, and instead simply condone/approve everything that happens around them.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People are offended by the mere mention of God, so some people find it easier to never even mention it, and instead simply condone/approve everything that happens around them.
Yes, I condone my sweet neighbors.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
https://biblehub.com/romans/12-18.htm
Thank You for that one....did ya'll here that one! You condoners of sin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity