U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:44 AM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 4 days ago)

16,347 posts, read 8,892,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why the frig doesnít your church focus on the starving children in OUR country jimmiej?

Now you will say your church does, but yet there are still children dying every day.
I have posted this many times before. My mega-church church runs a free medical & dental clinic for the poor in our community, a food bank, we operate an after-school care program for at-risk students, where we feed them and help with school work, we give away coats to the poor in the winter, we do local light construction for the handicapped and home-bound, we help people find jobs, we feed and clothe the homeless, all staffed and funded by the members, in addition to foreign missions. We are NOT the only church in our area that does these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 AM

15,367 posts, read 12,119,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I wanna be like Franklin and Joel...
I don't wanna be like Joel
I wanna be Joel. I mean it..

Old 08-16-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We do local missions also, but since you posted a picture of a starving Afrcan child,
I thought maybe you were ready to go to foreign lands.
I'm not going to pick on anybody or their church that tries in some way, no matter how small to help ANYbody.
Could they do more? Sure, so what...mock them?

I do write letters to pastors...suggesting instead of buying
those new 'curtains and speakers, building a new building with the Million you've collected'...why
not give chunks to your parishioners turning down their heat and putting layers on their kids to keep warm in bed in the winter? A couple thou goes a long way with heat and food and new tires!
I say to him.

Never happens. New church goes up instead of increasing their services, getting another pastor for afternoon services...whatever.
At least the seed is now in the pastor's mind...and he knows he is being watched by others with brains.

It's more constructive than mocking jimmie and his church.

And sure, I also give right here in my city...however, many places don't have Red Cross Shelters and Christian Charities with 2 hot meals a day offered to the homeless with shelves of blankets and clothing and toiletries.
They don't have clean water even anywhere close.

Mocking is not cool.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-16-2018 at 07:19 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 07:20 AM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:

Quote:
Zman, my church has regular mission trips all over the world, to care for and serve the poor and needy. I could set you up if you like. We have both long-term and short-term opportunities. You would surely feel blessed after participating.
Quote:
I prefer my "mission trips" closer to home where there are millions in need of food, shelter, clothing and education. Come on out to Detroit for a real experience serving the poor and marginalized.
Quote:
We do local missions also, but since you posted a picture of a starving African child, I thought maybe you were ready to go to foreign lands.
I hope you don't mind, but I believe you missed the point.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:46 AM

3,638 posts, read 1,133,437 times
Quote:
I have posted this many times before. My mega-church church runs a free medical & dental clinic for the poor in our community, a food bank, we operate an after-school care program for at-risk students, where we feed them and help with school work, we give away coats to the poor in the winter, we do local light construction for the handicapped and home-bound, we help people find jobs, we feed and clothe the homeless, all staffed and funded by the members, in addition to foreign missions. We are NOT the only church in our area that does these things.
Since your mega church is not government funded it must makes it easy for your mega church to pick and choose who they want to help in the community.

Have any Muslim or Atheists asked for help from your mega church?

Guess you can’t post any proof of your mega churches is doing what you claim?

Old 08-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 4 days ago)

16,347 posts, read 8,892,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Since your mega church is not government funded it must makes it easy for your mega church to pick and choose who they want to help in the community.

Have any Muslim or Atheists asked for help from your mega church?

Guess you canít post any proof of your mega churches is doing what you claim?
Government-funded, lol.

We donít ask a personís background before helping them.

No, I will not give our personal info. Iíve posted this many times-you either believe me or not and I donít care.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:16 PM

5,654 posts, read 4,878,328 times
Whom and how I help some one, is strictly between me and God .
Jesus implied that if one is going to give it should be done anonymously . other wise your gift is vain.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:00 PM

9,278 posts, read 5,489,845 times
Quote:
Government-funded, lol.

We donít ask a personís background before helping them.

No, I will not give our personal info. Iíve posted this many times-you either believe me or not and I donít care.
But, jimmie, your church is definitely government subsidized. It pays no taxes----and you and its other members get to deduct your donations, the vast majority of which go to building, staff, and internal supplies. It also uses that subsidy for prayer groups, church dinners, and Thursday night proselytization.

All of America helps you do what you do, which is but a drop in the bucket compared to what you could be doing. And I'm not denigrating what is done, but it's still what the vast majority of big name churches do.

Now I would be VERY impressed--beyond my ability to assess it---if your church sent a group along with financial help to Oklahoma to help a 12 year old transgender student who has been threatened on Facebook by the parents of other students. Send some witnesses for Christ and His love of all people as well. Then I would see your mega-church as something special.

Quote:
A number of users there made cruel and transphobic comments about a 12-year-old seventh-grade student, identified in the media simply as Maddie.

ďIf he wants to be a female, make him a female,Ē one user wrote. ďA good sharp knife will do the job really quick.Ē Another post read, ďYou know we have open hunting seasons on them kind. Ainít no bag limit either.Ē
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0df9b093afa8

Only about 20 people stood up in the small town to protect a child. Going to Oklahoma to stand up for her would be the most Christian thing your church has ever done. A child poses no threat to anyone, but certainly needs protection from the "bad" Christians that think she is a sinful human being.

Oh, and she's been living as a female for years.

What an opportunity for a Mega-Church to show God's favor toward a helpless one!!!

Old 08-16-2018, 04:15 PM

Just to remind ...this thread isn't about jimmie's church and charity or help to 'whatever'.

What do you think about this 'having God's favor'?

I think what you believe happens...so if you think you're never going to be in God's favor ...things will always turn out as you expect...not so great.
If you believe God adores you and favors you because you are open to Him and his love and His help...it flows easier to you.

So it's all about what you believe and allow to flow to you.

Oh boy, this might make someone mad!

Old 08-16-2018, 04:45 PM

9,278 posts, read 5,489,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Just to remind ...this thread isn't about jimmie's church and charity or help to 'whatever'.

What do you think about this 'having God's favor'?

I think what you believe happens...so if you think you're never going to be in God's favor ...things will always turn out as you expect...not so great.
If you believe God adores you and favors you because you are open to Him and his love and His help...it flows easier to you.

So it's all about what you believe and allow to flow to you.

Oh boy, this might make someone mad!
Miss Hepburn, I believe God's favor doesn't flow TO us, but rather it flows THROUGH us, which is why jimmie's church, mine, yours and everyone else's should be interested in the most effective ways to let God's favor flow to OTHERS, particularly the marginalized.

Whether or not a believer receives "favor" from God is unimportant. God loved Job, a faithful and true man, but whether Job received favor with the tests he endured is a matter of perspective. Whether we try to pass God's "favor" through us is all important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or