Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 07:50 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

I can remember watching a TV show called That's Incredible that was on in the early 1980's. It was variety show that featured various guests each week demonstrating or talking about various types of strange phenomena. In one of the segments an old lady and her grandson were talking about a UFO sighting they had both witnessed. The child seemed too young to interview, but the grandmother said the sighting was something "personal" that she didn't want to explain. But they proceeded to hypnotize her.

She began re-enacting the experience and was talking to her grandson beside her. Near the end she said what sounded like, "Look Billy. There's Jesus inside." Then it ended. The host didn't question her further or mention the comment.

What do you as a believer think about this? Could it have been a valid sighting of Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,358,240 times
Could have been any alien with long hair, beard and mustache.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Could have been any alien with long hair, beard and mustache.
I think that was Frank Zappa

Old 08-11-2018, 08:24 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I can remember watching a TV show called That's Incredible that was on in the early 1980's. It was variety show that featured various guests each week demonstrating or talking about various types of strange phenomena. In one of the segments an old lady and her grandson were talking about a UFO sighting they had both witnessed. The child seemed too young to interview, but the grandmother said the sighting was something "personal" that she didn't want to explain. But they proceeded to hypnotize her.

She began re-enacting the experience and was talking to her grandson beside her. Near the end she said what sounded like, "Look Billy. There's Jesus inside." Then it ended. The host didn't question her further or mention the comment.

What do you as a believer think about this? Could it have been a valid sighting of Jesus?
Did Jesus look like this?

Old 08-11-2018, 08:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
It could have been our own Hannibal...but not sure, cuz coulda been before his beard.
Besides everyone knows Jesus sightings only happen in the clouds and on South American toast.

EDIT!!!:....NO YOU DID NOT POST THAT AT THE SAME TIME I DID!!!!
Great minds, tho, eh?
The Great Toast Sighting of 1996, wasn't it? The year of the rye mold epidemic, I believe...

Old 08-11-2018, 10:41 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone. But since this lady was a true believer, I wanted to know what other believers thought about this.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone. But since this lady was a true believer, I wanted to know what other believers thought about this.
There is no way to prove or disprove what she saw, it was a personal experience for her and the grandson, even if she saw Jesus, there is no way to know if it was really from God or some manufactured image aliens wanted her to see, to evoke a response...who knows?

Although what she saw cannot be proven, I tend to believe she saw 'something', after all, its now a proven FACT that advanced ETs have visited earth.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:18 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is no way to prove or disprove what she saw, it was a personal experience for her and the grandson, even if she saw Jesus, there is no way to know if it was really from God or some manufactured image aliens wanted her to see, to evoke a response...who knows?

Although what she saw cannot be proven, I tend to believe she saw 'something', after all, its now a proven FACT that advanced ETs have visited earth.
No, it is not a proven fact that advanced ET's have visited earth, and Jesus doesn't fly around in UFO's.

No proof of Earthly aliens

More than half of Americans (54 percent) believe intelligent life capable of communication exists among the stars, according to a 2015 survey by marketing research firm YouGov. Plenty of money and big minds have been put to the task of finding signs of E.T., with an entire institute called SETI devoted to just that.

"He's not the only Silicon Valley type, entrepreneur in the tech industry, that thinks we're being visited," Shostak said.

Even so, the solid evidence of these visitors is nonexistent. [Bolding mine]

Read more: https://www.livescience.com/59331-al...elow-says.html

Old 08-11-2018, 11:25 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Admittedly I am hardly a true believer. But I notice that the NT is mighty short on pictures, and does not describe what Jesus looked like. So how would this lady know Jesus if she saw him?

Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Admittedly I am hardly a true believer. But I notice that the NT is mighty short on pictures,
and does not describe what Jesus looked like. So how would this lady know Jesus if she saw him?
Would you know Elvis with sunglasses? Come on!

Many many descriptions from NDEs...even from angry diehard, kinda self named meany atheists;Howard Storm being the most famous...he was a real meany....before French Hospitals left him over the weekend in the HALLWAY!...man o' man ...French MDs do like their golf!!!!

*DO NOT GET SICK IN FRANCE ON A WEEKEND!(or you might meet Jesus!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity