U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 02:59 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,166,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only a few are dim enough to believe a mass-murderer is a god-thing.

Or brain-washed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 03:03 PM

16,258 posts, read 7,648,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, it depends on how stupid one is...
or
how distracted one gets and forgets what they just looked at
OR
if they have a lack of desire to ever reach the destination so they place obstacles in their way unconsciously so they won't get there for a very very long time.

The smart ones, with a big desire and focus to get to their destination...just do what is said ...
it's like a straight line, after all.

I think this answer should win a prize.
OR whether they are using a GUIDE instead of an outdated map.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:05 PM

17,527 posts, read 10,609,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only a few are dim enough to believe a mass-murderer is a god-thing.
Most are blinded by what is involved and why. They prefer looking down on God and/or the Bible.

They want to look at themselves.

"Look at me I am spirit led". Wrong spirit.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:06 PM

20,360 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Many of the Indians of our very land commonly sought and worshipped "The Great Spirit", and yet had no written words or written history. Many who later learned to communicate in English, and learned of the Bible, shared witness of the similarity of The Great Spirit and God. Countless other connections through the history of time across the planet also point in the same direction. Ignoring all of that is a choice though, and none of us can help the closed minded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
What makes you think the Great Spirit was the God of the Bible and not the God of this world, Satan? Look at how they treated each other and in many cases the old. Left them behind on the trail to die once of no value. Believing a God exists does not mean a person knows Him or is known by Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Well, you've certainly bought - hook, line, and sinker - the lies and mistruths of our American ancestors.

Americans were the ones playing the part of satan. But it's typical for people to reverse the blame to shield their crimes and actions. So here is yet another example.

Get an education and read how they really lived and thought. One great book is "Wisdom of the Native Americans" by --- Nerburn. If you have the guts to fight lies with the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How did they learn about Jesus?
What they knew of the Spirit did not conflict with that of a loving father.
But they were abused by the fundamentalists and forced from their culture.

You should really read up on the history of damnation that was imposed upon them.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:09 PM

17,527 posts, read 10,609,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
OR whether they are using a GUIDE instead of an outdated map.
Or using the correct map that led Jesus and the Apostles rather than the thoughts of other men or their own claims. The true Guide is kinda like a GPS. You have the literal guide you can see/read and then a voice to lead you to the goal. Those who just follow a "voice" are misled.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:20 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:
Or using the correct map that led Jesus and the Apostles rather than the thoughts of other men or their own claims. The true Guide is kinda like a GPS. You have the literal guide you can see/read and then a voice to lead you to the goal. Those who just follow a "voice" are misled.
Yes, i love that verse in Roman where it says the sons of God are led by the bible. Are you familiar with that one?.

The voice that is telling you to translate Spirit to mean bible verses is the voice you should stop listening to.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Most are blinded by what is involved and why. They prefer looking down on God and/or the Bible.

I was indoctrinated to believe exactly as you do about this. Only in hindsight, after having been released from the oppressive, death-grip hold on my mind and heart that that indoctrination had, was I able to understand just how twisted my thinking had become. I was blind, and now I see; a wretch who has been saved from trying to defend the indefensible, and from having to pretend that evil is somehow good.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Those who follow love are not.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:44 PM

15,364 posts, read 12,119,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I like to read it every day-it brings me closer to God.
I gotta tellya... went to see 'Crazy Rich Asians' , very good movie ,BTW....they have a Bible Study!
I lean over to my sister who has never opened a Bible ...I say, "That's Colossians 3:2"
She is amazed we are sisters.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:44 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
Quote:

You need to stop listening to that kind of voice in your head. Spirit is Life and life in it's fullness is manifested in love joy and peace . So the sons and daughters of God can be said that they are led by love, joy and peace. You shall go out with joy and be led forth in peace while abiding in the love of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or