U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 05:33 PM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And evidence has been given many many many times. The universe is a testament to the fact that there was a Creator.
God is in his creation. When we are aliented in our minds it is nigh on impossible to see God in his creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
AGAIN, I quote the Quakers: "I cannot tell you how to experience God. I can only know how I experience God.".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 05:36 PM

15,431 posts, read 12,159,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And evidence has been given many many many times.
The universe is testament to the fact that there was a Creator.
To you, sure... you're in your own world BF... As many are here. To be a teacher you have to get into their world.

When a sweet little boy asks a question you don't ans with quantum physics' equations.
When a deaf person asks what music is like you don't answer by saying it sounds beautiful.
When a neurotic person asks how he can be cured, you don't say ...you just do, stop the obsessions.

Talk to a person in a way he can understand....we can't say to an agnostic...''He's in a flower''...
"He's in the Universe".
Yeah, right.

You know I'm saying this to anyone this pertains to.

Yeah, MQ, great quote.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:38 PM

4,226 posts, read 2,596,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
To you, sure... you're in your own world BF... As many are here. To be a teacher you have to get into their world.

When a sweet little boy asks a question you don't ans with quantum physics' equations.
When a deaf person asks what music is like you don't answer by saying it sounds beautiful.
When a neurotic person asks how he can be cured, you don't say ...you just do, stop the obsessions.

Talk to a person in a way he can understand....we can't say to an agnostic...''He's in a flower''...
"He's in the Universe".
Yeah, right.

You know I'm saying this to anyone this pertains to.

Yeah, MQ, great quote.
I certainly hope none of the posters are thinking they are teachers...it's a discussion forum, not a lecture board... if you've got this life all figured by all means go out enjoy it.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:54 PM

40,100 posts, read 26,767,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In what way, according to you, does genetics provide evidence that God exists? Also, genetics actually provides evidence against the Biblical account of the creation of Adam and Eve if taken literally. And that fact has resulted in much discussion among theologians.
The existence of God has nothing to do with the Biblical account of the creation of Adam and Eve, Mike. You are comparing apples and oranges. The existence of a code, per se, offers evidence of a "Coder" (establisher of the code) that pure chaos can NOT provide. The disingenuous Creator meme and the arguments against it have nothing to do with the establishment of our Reality and its attributes, like the DNA code. The EXISTENCE of our LIVING God is sufficient, no need for any willful creation. Everything about our Reality contributes to the existence and maintenance of God and the existence of the DNA code is part of that.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:10 PM

21,911 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The existence of God has nothing to do with the Biblical account of the creation of Adam and Eve, Mike. You are comparing apples and oranges. The existence of a code, per se, offers evidence of a "Coder" (establisher of the code) that pure chaos can NOT provide. The disingenuous Creator meme and the arguments against it have nothing to do with the establishment of our Reality and its attributes, like the DNA code. The EXISTENCE of our LIVING God is sufficient, no need for any willful creation. Everything about our Reality contributes to the existence and maintenance of God and the existence of the DNA code is part of that.
I didn't say that the existence of God had anything to do with the Biblical account of the creation of Adam and Eve. I said that genetics seems to disprove the Biblical account of the creation of Adam and Eve.

And by the way, I don't buy into your concept of God which is not even Biblical. God is not the Universe and dark energy is not God's consciousness as you believe.

Last edited by Mike555; 08-15-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 08:16 PM

14,878 posts, read 4,985,692 times
Why would Christians even want proof of God? That would ruin everything.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:08 PM

17,586 posts, read 10,651,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When the op asked for evidence I think he meant evidence.
Even evidence will be rejected if a persons heart is not moved toward God. After all Jesus raised the dead, and many who saw that planned to kill him. He healed and fed thousands and ... 120 were there at Pentecost. Evidence to many means nothing if it isn't what they want.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:58 PM

15,431 posts, read 12,159,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Even evidence will be rejected if a persons heart is not moved toward God. After all Jesus raised the dead, and many who saw that planned to kill him. He healed and fed thousands and ... 120 were there at Pentecost. Evidence to many means nothing if it isn't what they want.
I understand. But, I still offered a man, Gregg Braden, that has put religious beliefs in sync with quantum physics' documented, repeatedly observed tests.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:44 AM

3,683 posts, read 1,141,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why would Christians even want proof of God? That would ruin everything.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:40 AM

2,337 posts, read 1,350,538 times
what is the bible?
Is it the word of god

or is it a book many many men wrote, many many more men translated and retranslated, many with agendas...claiming to be the word of god

I see absolutely NO proof of god
I see plenty of proof for satan...imo IF there is a god, he is indifferent or evil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or