U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:55 AM

15,454 posts, read 12,176,995 times

Advertisements

Scooby, if you are genuinely asking your question...here is a 4:42 min youtube getting us closer to the "God question and or answer''...
Edgar Mitchell, d.2016, 6th man to walk on the moon (9 hrs), was blown away being on the dark side of the moon...
cut off from earth, dark, cold back there, ha...then, having a 360 degree view of earth and the heavens (stars), that he says
are 10xs brighter than on the clearest night on the highest mountain on earth....again, he says he was blown away.
He had an epiphany.

He said the others did, too...haha, he is just more out spoken.
He started an Institute of Noetic Sciences to look into consciousness. Anyone interested in what a Harvard-MIT man
with an Astrophysics background has to say about his findings and also, realizations...will enjoy this.

Personally, I find it cute when a person experiences what he did, but has no idea what it is...when little ole me at 8 yrs old knew exactly what I was experiencing and all the many times after,
and I'm no physicist...the intellect closes ya to these insights...I love being the simpleton I am.
There are many other youtubes by him where he says much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl902GFG2WI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 AM

4,226 posts, read 2,599,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
what is the bible?
Is it the word of god

or is it a book many many men wrote, many many more men translated and retranslated, many with agendas...claiming to be the word of god

I see absolutely NO proof of god
I see plenty of proof for satan...imo IF there is a god, he is indifferent or evil
This is probably what our bodies/cells thinks of most us as well.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:35 AM

32,287 posts, read 21,144,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why would Christians even want proof of God? That would ruin everything.
The truth is Christian fundamentalism is always looking for proof whether it’s proof for themselves because they only have a book to rely on or they are looking for it in others to judge whether it is the proof they rely on. It comes down to 2 things as far as I am concerned , you can go the fundamentalist route and trust a book or you can experience God for yourself, not have to prove it because each and everyone’s experience of our loving Heavenly is different, but the common thread is one of love that knows no bounds.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The truth is Christian fundamentalism is always looking for proof whether it’s proof for themselves because they only have a book to rely on or they are looking for it in others to judge whether it is the proof they rely on. It comes down to 2 things as far as I am concerned , you can go the fundamentalist route and trust a book or you can experience God for yourself, not have to prove it because each and everyone’s experience of our loving Heavenly is different, but the common thread is one of love that knows no bounds.
Is the OP of the thread a fundamentalist? And what does any of this have to do with presenting evidence for Christianity?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
This is probably what our bodies/cells think of most of us as well.
That was very astute, gabfest!!!

Example from lung cells: " NO! No more smoke!"
Blood/liver/kidneys/intestines: "Don't you love us? Why don't you hear us? "

OH...mensaguy, lol, so sorry, what an idiot, I should have said Baloney like I usually do!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That was very astute, gabfest!!!

Example from lung cells: " NO! No more smoke!"
Blood/liver/kidneys/intestines: "Don't you love us? Why don't you hear us? "

OH...mensaguy, lol, so sorry, what an idiot, I should have said Baloney like I usually do!
Lol, but true...as above, so below.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:21 AM

32,287 posts, read 21,144,034 times
Quote:
Is the OP of the thread a fundamentalist? And what does any of this have to do with presenting evidence for Christianity?
I do no not know that, you should ask him. My point is you cannot have it proven to yourself unless you put God to the test yourself. The scripture says seek him and you will find him, so if you are really serious about finding God, then put him to the test, if you are not serious then what is the point?.. As the scripture says "It is the Lord that opens the eyes of the blind"

Old 08-16-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Lol, but true...as above, so below.
Stop it, with all your wise observations already!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
...you cannot have it proven to yourself unless you put God to the test yourself.
The scripture says seek him and you will find him...
THIS.

There is a quote...You can be as close to God as you want to...
it depends on how much time you want to put into it.

pcamps, you would love that youtube 4 min clip I put up today on here.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:09 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,263,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Scooby, if you are genuinely asking your question...here is a 4:42 min youtube getting us closer to the "God question and or answer''...
Edgar Mitchell, d.2016, 6th man to walk on the moon (9 hrs), was blown away being on the dark side of the moon...
cut off from earth, dark, cold back there, ha...then, having a 360 degree view of earth and the heavens (stars), that he says
are 10xs brighter than on the clearest night on the highest mountain on earth....again, he says he was blown away.
He had an epiphany.

He said the others did, too...haha, he is just more out spoken.
He started an Institute of Noetic Sciences to look into consciousness. Anyone interested in what a Harvard-MIT man
with an Astrophysics background has to say about his findings and also, realizations...will enjoy this.

Personally, I find it cute when a person experiences what he did, but has no idea what it is...when little ole me at 8 yrs old knew exactly what I was experiencing and all the many times after,
and I'm no physicist...the intellect closes ya to these insights...I love being the simpleton I am.
There are many other youtubes by him where he says much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl902GFG2WI

The universe is indescribably awesome. The fact that we have the sort of existence that allows us to comprehend and appreciate just how awesome the universe is, that is mind boggling. I agree completely and whole heartedly. It does, and should, make us feel small and humble. But does the existence of the universe and our limited ability to comprehend and appreciate just how awesome the universe is, mean that there is a creator? A creator who is without creation, who created us in His image, because He loves us? Or is that sort of belief simply a way of attempting to make ourselves feel special in an incomprehensibly vast cosmos?

Edgar Mitchell did mention something that is undeniably valid. He pointed out that many of the elements that make up planet Earth, the spacecraft he was in, and human beings (life), were created in the explosions of giant stars. The deaths of stars gave birth to our sort of existence. The late Carl Sagan pointed out that human beings (life) are the product of this "star dust." We humans are, in every real sense, the universe contemplating itself. And that is just about as special as we have any right to hope for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or