U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:03 AM

15,405 posts, read 12,148,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The Bible has been painstakingly verified; it is supernatural in origin.
You haven't looked into your KJV, I guess ....Psalm 46...untampered? Right.
You seem like a nice person...I don't really want to or care to change your beliefs...but, basing
your beliefs on some things that just plain aren't accurate is like building them on sand, imo.
Now if you talk to me about the Dead Sea Scrolls...that might be different...

King James tampered himself with this untouchable Bible..in no other Version but his is there an
homage paid to William Shakespear ...who was 46 at the time...
count down 46 words... count up 46 words and you
will find shake and spear. Come on.

Many things in the Bible are inspired directly from God, no doubt in my mind. None.
Quote:
People look for proof of God. The Scriptures are the evidence, but many deny its power
simply because they don’t like what the Lord says.
Do you really find people look for proof of God? I don't.
They make a sport of asking for scientific proof...That's what I have seen for years.
(Ok there have been some, online. They post they were atheists and now believe in a God. That's nice.)

But, please....'don't like what the Lord says'...
if you were on a debate team in college you would be ripped to shreds on that one.
Think harder to come up with a reason, really, why some do not believe in the Bible ...or as you say the power.
There are so many wonderful things written in the Bible that anyone would love to believe.

I actually don't know why they don't; the way is Just try simple things to test them out personally.
No faith needed! Start simple, like baby steps.

I have. And I found, to my kind of shock, how if you actually practice some things in the Bible ...they work...Imagine that!

They work as if you were in a chemistry lab with a formula that can be repeated.
(Put vinegar and baking soda together see what happens...every time.)

There is a Formula (cap F). But, unbelievers in a God, don't 'test' the Formula....
they are professional doubters...ha, and they know it.

Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 07:22 AM

954 posts, read 242,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You haven't looked into your KJV, I guess ....Psalm 46...untampered? Right.
You seem like a nice person...I don't really want to or care to change your beliefs...but, basing
your beliefs on some things that just plain aren't accurate is like building them on sand, imo.
Now if you talk to me about the Dead Sea Scrolls...that might be different...

King James tampered himself with this untouchable Bible..in no other Version but his is there an
homage paid to William Shakespear ...who was 46 at the time...
count down 46 words... count up 46 words and you
will find shake and spear. Come on.

Many things in the Bible are inspired directly from God, no doubt in my mind. None.
Do you really find people look for proof of God? I don't.
They make a sport of asking for scientific proof...That's what I have seen for years.
(Ok there have been some, online. They post they were atheists and now believe in a God. That's nice.)

But, please....'don't like what the Lord says'...
if you were on a debate team in college you would be ripped to shreds on that one.
Think harder to come up with a reason, really, why some do not believe in the Bible ...or as you say the power.
There are so many wonderful things written in the Bible that anyone would love to believe.

I actually don't know why they don't; the way is Just try simple things to test them out personally.
No faith needed! Start simple, like baby steps.

I have. And I found, to my kind of shock, how if you actually practice some things in the Bible ...they work...Imagine that!

They work as if you were in a chemistry lab with a formula that can be repeated.
(Put vinegar and baking soda together see what happens...every time.)

There is a Formula (cap F). But, unbelievers in a God, don't 'test' the Formula....
they are professional doubters...ha, and they know it.

Oh well.
Everything I said is true. People do look for proof; Bible is supernatural. The Bible tells us who God is, who we are, and why the World is messed up. It hasnít been proven false. And prophecies written centuries actually came to fruition.

Your made up idea of religion breaks the first and most important Commandment, worshipping a false god. So put away the silliness and get right with God before it is too late.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:32 AM

954 posts, read 242,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The bible can do nothing. God who is Spirit is the one doing everything that will be eternal and not burnt up. Without him, we can do nothing, regardless of how much we study the bible or proclaim our belief in the bible. God was never looking for people to put their faith in the bible - he wants us to put our faith in him, his righteousness, his love and his unfathomable grace and mercy. Try it, and then you will stop searching for people to condemn.

And where did you learn this truth aout the Spirit? The Bible! It is Godís Word. To reject it is the same as rejecting God.

The Scriptures are for instruction and learning. To scoff and say people worship the Bible is a form of lying so stop with that nonsense.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:43 AM

16,288 posts, read 7,662,298 times
Quote:
And where did you learn this truth aout the Spirit? The Bible! It is God’s Word. To reject it is the same as rejecting God.

The Scriptures are for instruction and learning. To scoff and say people worship the Bible is a form of lying so stop with that nonsense.
When you give the Bible the authority of God, you deny the very "advocate" that is promised in it's pages. It is not a paradox to quote the Bible to affirm what the Spirit reveals. Sometimes it is correct.

It is beyond reason that anyone could look at the history and current condition of "Christian theology" and claim it is valuable, not to mention authoritative.

Last edited by nateswift; 08-21-2018 at 08:11 AM..

Old 08-21-2018, 08:07 AM

21,885 posts, read 16,707,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When you give the Bible the authority of God, you deny the very "advocate" that is promised in it's pages. It is not a paradox to quote the Bible to affirm what the Spirit reveals. Sometimes it is correct.
No, you do not. The NT books which comprise the canon do so because their divine authority was recognized by the early Christians. It's not an either/or situation. Just as the apostles themselves had the delegated authority of Jesus, having been chosen by Him to spread His word, so also the writings of the apostles have the delegated authority of Jesus. As Paul wrote, what the apostles taught is not the word of men, but the word of God (1 Thessalonian 2:13). That applies both to what they taught orally, and what they taught in writing.

By rejecting the authority of the Bible, it is you who are actually denying the Holy Spirit who led the apostles to all the truth, with one of the results being the New Testament.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, the book of Revelation expressly states that it is a Revelation from God (the Father) to Jesus who then communicated it to John. And you don't believe that. You have your opinion, but your opinion is not that of orthodox Christianity for which you apparently have little regard.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, you do not. The NT books which comprise the canon do so because their divine authority was recognized by the early Christians. It's not an either/or situation. Just as the apostles themselves had the delegated authority of Jesus, having been chosen by Him to spread His word, so also the writings of the apostles have the delegated authority of Jesus. As Paul wrote, what the apostles taught is not the word of men, but the word of God (1 Thessalonian 2:13). That applies both to what they taught orally, and what they taught in writing.

By rejecting the authority of the Bible, it is you who are actually denying the Holy Spirit who led the apostles to all the truth, with one of the results being the New Testament.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, the book of Revelation expressly states that it is a Revelation from God (the Father) to Jesus who then communicated it to John. And you don't believe that. You have your opinion, but your opinion is not that of orthodox Christianity for which you apparently have little regard.
If your arguments about what the Bible means gave ANY indication that you were subjecting them to consideration in the character of the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus and the Apostles you would have some credibility. You do not.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:46 AM

25,846 posts, read 13,431,022 times
Quote:
Everything I said is true. People do look for proof; Bible is supernatural. The Bible tells us who God is, who we are, and why the World is messed up. It hasnít been proven false. And prophecies written centuries actually came to fruition.

Your made up idea of religion breaks the first and most important Commandment, worshipping a false god. So put away the silliness and get right with God before it is too late.

Childish nonsense.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:02 AM

"By rejecting the authority of the Bible, it is you who are actually denying the Holy Spirit who led the apostles to all the truth, with one of the results being the New Testament."

Seriously? When it says that the Advocate would be with us forever it actually meant to add, "operating through scripture only?" I think I believe in the recorded promise of Jesus rather than your self-serving addition to it.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:00 PM

21,885 posts, read 16,707,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Quote:
If your arguments about what the Bible means gave ANY indication that you were subjecting them to consideration in the character of the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus and the Apostles you would have some credibility. You do not.
You mention the apostles but ignore what they wrote about the fact that what they taught was the word of God. You continue to ignore the fact that the book of Revelation plainly states that God gave the Revelation to Jesus who communicated it to John.

Your opinion that if you acknowledge the authority of the Bible you must ignore the authority of the Holy Spirit is simply not true.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or