U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2018, 07:56 PM
 
20,421 posts, read 9,840,546 times
Reputation: 1678

Advertisements

Those who don't search the Scriptures with discernment merely repeat that which is unrighteous, ever learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth. And they will be held in those eternal chains, until the day of judgment where love will prevail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:11 PM
 
21,903 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you repeat this lie that we dismiss what we don't like? We repeatedly point to the VERY SPECIFIC descriptions in 1st Cor 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount as the BASIS for our tests of what is in the Bible. It has nothing to do with what we LIKE!You love accusing people of dismissing what they don't like when they have a standard describing the Holy Spirit as the BASIS for their dismissals.
It's not a lie. You dismiss and reject and refuse to believe the things in the Bible that you don't like and don't believe and use the excuse of testing the scriptures by the Holy Spirit to determine what is true and what isn't. There is nothing in the Bible that tells you to test the veracity of what is written in the Bible. Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount don't tell you to use them to test and see if the apostles were writing the truth.

And some of the things you reject don't even have anything to do with whether they are 'loving.' As two examples, you reject the existence of angels, And you reject the fact that the Bible says that Jesus is God.

Most of your beliefs are at odds with Christianity and are certainly not Biblical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:28 PM
 
20,421 posts, read 9,840,546 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's not a lie. You dismiss and reject and refuse to believe the things in the Bible that you don't like and don't believe and use the excuse of testing the scriptures by the Holy Spirit to determine what is true and what isn't. There is nothing in the Bible that tells you to test the veracity of what is written in the Bible. Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount don't tell you to use them to test and see if the apostles were writing the truth.

And some of the things you reject don't even have anything to do with whether they are 'loving.' As two examples, you reject the existence of angels, And you reject the fact that the Bible says that Jesus is God.

Most of your beliefs are at odds with Christianity and are certainly not Biblical.
And most of yours oppose the true and living God in lieu of your damnation theologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:29 PM
 
954 posts, read 242,784 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I simply posted the words from that site. They are the words of the creed. Other than in Scripture no creeds existed until the 2nd century and even then nothing like the Nicene Creed.
The Nicence Creed is just reflecting and summing on what the Scriptures say. Many churches statement of faith mimics this Creed. Some scholars believe that the earliest creed may have been only handful years after the Resurrection.

The Nicene Creed is quite beautiful, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 PM
 
40,099 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you repeat this lie that we dismiss what we don't like? We repeatedly point to the VERY SPECIFIC descriptions in 1st Cor 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount as the BASIS for our tests of what is in the Bible. It has nothing to do with what we LIKE! You love accusing people of dismissing what they don't like when they have a standard describing the Holy Spirit as the BASIS for their dismissals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's not a lie. You dismiss and reject and refuse to believe the things in the Bible that you don't like and don't believe and use the excuse of testing the scriptures by the Holy Spirit to determine what is true and what isn't. There is nothing in the Bible that tells you to test the veracity of what is written in the Bible. Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount don't tell you to use them to test and see if the apostles were writing the truth.

And some of the things you reject don't even have anything to do with whether they are 'loving.' As two examples, you reject the existence of angels, And you reject the fact that the Bible says that Jesus is God.

Most of your beliefs are at odds with Christianity and are certainly not Biblical.
We are told to use the "mind of Christ" to know the mind of God. Those verses describe in detail the "mind of Christ" as reflected in the Holy Spirit. You ignore it and ANY standard to blindly accept every contradictory and inconsistent precept and doctrine from the mind of men derived from the words "written in ink." That is why you err. My views are consistent with the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit. That makes them Christian. I am not concerned with making them Biblical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:36 PM
 
21,903 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And most of yours oppose the true and living God in lieu of your damnation theologies.
Since you reject the revelation of the Bible you have no valid basis for claiming to know anything about the true and living God. You base your beliefs on what you want to believe and on subjective feelings. I prefer the teachings of the apostles who wrote under divine inspiration and who were given a promise by Jesus to be led to all the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:39 PM
 
20,421 posts, read 9,840,546 times
Reputation: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since you reject the revelation of the Bible you have no valid basis for claiming to know anything about the true and living God. You base your beliefs on what you want to believe and on subjective feelings. I prefer the teachings of the apostles who wrote under divine inspiration and who were given a promise by Jesus to be led to all the truth.
What is inspirational about damnation? Have you no sense of reasoning or discernment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:42 PM
 
21,903 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are told to use the "mind of Christ" to know the mind of God. Those verses describe in detail the "mind of Christ" as reflected in the Holy Spirit. You ignore it and ANY standard to blindly accept every contradictory and inconsistent precept and doctrine from the mind of men derived from the words "written in ink." That is why you err. My views are consistent with the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit. That makes them Christian. I am not concerned with making them Biblical.
What a hypocrite you are. Your beliefs are nothing but your own personal precepts. You do not use the mind of Christ. Again, you deny that Jesus is God and you deny the existence of angels. You don't believe that Satan is a real being. You do believe that God is the Universe and that dark energy is God's consciousness, and that is your own personal precept of men.

Your beliefs are not Biblical and are not in line with Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,293 posts, read 7,664,870 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Rationality is the god you worship. And there's more to reality than love. And yes, there is a supernatural realm.
We do think it best not to be irrational, yes. Of course there is more to reality than love; there is that which is opposed to the nature of God which is love. You keep saying, "love, BUT..." as if anything else ABOUT God would contradict THAT nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2018, 08:48 PM
 
21,903 posts, read 16,717,502 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is inspirational about damnation? Have you no sense of reasoning or discernment?
The reality of eternal punishment is guaranteed by the fact that the apostles wrote under the inspiration, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Again, you make rationalism your god. You're unwillingness to believe what the Biblical writers wrote doesn't make what they wrote false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top