Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
isn't the question WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS NOW meant to ask,

WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS PERMANENTLY NOW..as in
ARE YOU READY TO DIE TODAY?
Ah,yes, some think you have to die. Some don't.
I know people...a nun, for instance...that became a nun, because Jesus just came right up to her and hugged her while she was alone in a church praying really close to the altar up front.

Another woman, now in her 80's...(this is something)...when she was a young girl around 14...she and a friend were running through a cotton field ...up to no good
big time...ya know, boys, beer at someone's place...when suddenly Jesus appears..not to her,
but to BOTH of them!! He talked to them...and from that moment on...her life changed.
Boy, does she love Jesus. Simple as that...he saved her life from big troubles.

I know more stories.
That's why I said for believers, many know that Jesus is accessible...as in now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 10:28 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
I want to see Jesus like I want to see Oberon. In either case, I'd be heading for a psychiatrist looking for some antipsychotic meds if I thought I saw him, because I would be hallucinating someone who is not real.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 PM

23,157 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I want to see Jesus like I want to see Oberon. In either case, I'd be heading for a psychiatrist looking for some antipsychotic meds if I thought I saw him, because I would be hallucinating someone who is not real.
LOL, You are the kingdom of heaven.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:07 AM

998 posts, read 436,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you want to see him right now?
What is stopping you?

No, really. There is a technique Addiction Counselors use, "Oh, you say you're not addicted?
Ok. I want you to stop using alcohol, (or cigarettes, etc) for a month."
Look at their face, lol...then ask..."How did that make you feel...imagining a month without xyz?"

When you thought of seeing Jesus right now...how did that make you feeeeel.

Some are overjoyed...some go, "What?"...some, if honest, don't care...some, if honest, gulp.
there is unworthiness or shame in them....whatever...

What happened to you?
Because if you are a believer you know he is 'still there/here'....accessible...
What is that 'thing' that makes you gulp....if so.
This is for you ...not for us here...unless you want to share.

It's a neat exercise...I practice it all the time. I have known exactly since 1973 my whole M.O.
(After a 5 day fast).
You cannot find Jesus no matter you search for him.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
You think you know what you'll do when you see Him face to face, but you don't. His pure unveiled presence had me sobbing telling Him how much I loved Him. Blessings...

Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 AM

Well, this is the way things are:

If you think you can't, you're right.
If you think you can, you're right.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You think you know what you'll do when you see Him face to face,
but you don't. His pure unveiled presence had me sobbing telling
Him how much I loved Him. Blessings...
Yeah, that about sums it up for ME!
That's exactly what I think will happen!

(And then after that crying fest..the plan is..."Can we see Dad now?" Wish me luck!)

Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
isn't the question WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS NOW meant to ask, WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS PERMANENTLY NOW..as in ARE YOU READY TO DIE TODAY?
That's how I read it. Reminds me of my friend's mother, who used to say when she was angry at someone, "You're gonna wish it was Jesus you saw comin' rather than me."

Old 08-23-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you want to see him right now?
What is stopping you?

Because if you are a believer you know he is 'still there/here'....accessible...
Maybe I should highlight that.
Nothing to do with dying to see him...as in,' Are you ready to die?'' NO, not asking that.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:16 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
His triumphant return we should pray for daily, wearing the King's crown He set aside for thorns on the first visit.
We should have no fear, recognizing fear as merely the opposite of faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity