Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 03:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

Do you want to see him right now?
What is stopping you?

No, really. There is a technique Addiction Counselors use, "Oh, you say you're not addicted?
Ok. I want you to stop using alcohol, (or cigarettes, etc) for a month."
Look at their face, lol...then ask..."How did that make you feel...imagining a month without xyz?"

When you thought of seeing Jesus right now...how did that make you feeeeel.

Some are overjoyed...some go, "What?"...some, if honest, don't care...some, if honest, gulp.
there is unworthiness or shame in them....whatever...

What happened to you?
Because if you are a believer you know he is 'still there/here'....accessible...
What is that 'thing' that makes you gulp....if so.
This is for you ...not for us here...unless you want to share.

It's a neat exercise...I practice it all the time. I have known exactly since 1973 my whole M.O.
(After a 5 day fast).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 03:15 PM

813 posts, read 600,452 times
He's welcome to come to my house. I'll break out a bottle of wine!

Good luck, Rg

Old 08-22-2018, 03:20 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
He's welcome to come to my house. I'll break out a bottle of wine!

Good luck, Rg
Nope, all you need to break out is a bottle of water!

Old 08-22-2018, 03:23 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you want to see him right now?
What is stopping you?

No, really. There is a technique Addiction Counselors use, "Oh, you say you're not addicted?
Ok. I want you to stop using alcohol, (or cigarettes, etc) for a month."
Look at their face, lol...then ask..."How did that make you feel...imagining a month without xyz?"

When you thought of seeing Jesus right now...how did that make you feeeeel.

Some are overjoyed...some go, "What?"...some, if honest, don't care...some, if honest, gulp.
there is unworthiness or shame in them....whatever...

What happened to you?
Because if you are a believer you know he is 'still there/here'....accessible...
What is that 'thing' that makes you gulp....if so.
This is for you ...not for us here...unless you want to share.

It's a neat exercise...I practice it all the time. I have known exactly since 1973 my whole M.O.
(After a 5 day fast).
I always prayed for a visitation so that somebody come down here to tell me what to do, but I always prayed for Judas to be sent, or some great sinner, If Jesus popped up in my office right now, I would be prostrate on the floor, terrified and ashamed.'' Please send Judas Lord.''

Old 08-22-2018, 03:29 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Seeing the Lord Jesus through His Spirit was the greatest thing to happen in My life .... But seeing Jesus Christ at the second coming of Jesus would be a horrible time and I would like to hope I don`t see that in my time in the earth .... I believe it will be a horrible time for Jesus Christ as well...........

Old 08-22-2018, 03:38 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seeing the Lord Jesus through His Spirit was the greatest thing to happen in My life .... But seeing Jesus Christ at the second coming of Jesus would be a horrible time and I would like to hope I don`t see that in my time in the earth .... I believe it will be a horrible time for Jesus Christ as well...........
I thought you were a believer? I'd jump over the roof if I woke up one day looking up and seeing it. Bad news only for the evil-doers and those destroying the Earth.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post

A believer will have been with Jesus in heaven during the tribulation, a time of celebration......be at rest in Christ and enjoy.....marvelous times are ahead....

Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
isn't the question WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS NOW meant to ask, WHO WANTS TO SEE JESUS PERMANENTLY NOW..as in ARE YOU READY TO DIE TODAY?

Old 08-22-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nope, all you need to break out is a bottle of water!
OMG...
that was the cleverest thing I've ever heard!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-22-2018 at 09:28 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I always prayed for a visitation so that somebody come down here to tell me what to do, but I always prayed for Judas to be sent, or some great sinner, If Jesus popped up in my office right now, I would be prostrate on the floor, terrified and ashamed.'' Please send Judas Lord.''
Fascinating!

But, I would like to add...Hannie...you will not believe it...he is the easiest, most down to earth, familiar friend you will
ever meet...no shame (for long!)...and no terror...he will melt your heart...and what I know of you...you'll be a like
little girl crying with all the love. Wait til you meet what real love is all about....it's as warm as goin' to grandma's
on your birthday and being taken for your annual pony ride with ice cream and hugs.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-22-2018 at 09:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity