U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2018, 11:09 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Reputation: 408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For some reason, I see the phrase "Adam was not deceived" as though it means he didn't sin.

He did sin. It was not because he was deceived (because he wasn't deceived)... it was because he was disobedient. He was fully aware that he was disobeying God.
No,
With that very kind of reasoning you might as well impute sin on Jacob for lying with leah.

If you are certain of Adams awareness before hand where does that place you?

Read closely what ole shaul wrote in the letter to the "Romans."
Emphasis is on the Romans for a reason. Ole shaul was very clever.

There is something I believe the Romans glanced over concerning where there is no law/curse
Or should it read curse alone

Last edited by pinacled; 08-27-2018 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2018, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 939,100 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For some reason, I see the phrase "Adam was not deceived" as though it means he didn't sin.

He did sin. It was not because he was deceived (because he wasn't deceived)... it was because he was disobedient. He was fully aware that he was disobeying God.
The point of Adam 'not being deceived' is to show that Eve who was deceived did not intentionally disobey, but Adam made an 'eyes wide open' decision to disobey. That is how he brought sin onto all humanity because sin is passed down through his seed. Adam's seed will be cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 07:06 AM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The point of Adam 'not being deceived' is to show that Eve who was deceived did not intentionally disobey, but Adam made an 'eyes wide open' decision to disobey. That is how he brought sin onto all humanity because sin is passed down through his seed. Adam's seed will be cut off.
Yikes
Cursing
The first living soul will not go well for you.

Might as well admit you are not even human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Reputation: 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No,
With that very kind of reasoning you might as well impute sin on Jacob for lying with leah.

If you are certain of Adams awareness before hand where does that place you?

Read closely what ole shaul wrote in the letter to the "Romans."
Emphasis is on the Romans for a reason. Ole shaul was very clever.

There is something I believe the Romans glanced over concerning where there is no law/curse
Or should it read curse alone
The Lord directly told him not to eat from the tree. How much more awareness did Adam need?

He knew he wasn't supposed to eat from that tree. He was not deceived. He was disobedient and unfaithful to the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 07:55 AM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Lord directly told him not to eat from the tree. How much more awareness did Adam need?

He knew he wasn't supposed to eat from that tree. He was not deceived. He was disobedient and unfaithful to the Lord.
I get that part that is bolded.
What I find quite peculiar is that you would call Adam the first living soul unfaithful. Was he ever unfaithful to his wife eve?


and then the earth was cursed along with the serpent.
Kinda like Satan falling like lightning to earth.
Then every subsequent generation of the seed of promise tramples the head of the serpent.
Yup.
Seemed obvious to me what is promised to those who have ears.

Blessings Always

Last edited by pinacled; 08-28-2018 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 939,100 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yikes
Cursing
The first living soul will not go well for you.

Might as well admit you are not even human.
Another religious threat from someone who has no power over me. God told Adam that he would die if he ate from the tree. Yes, God told him the penalty would be death. And many other things they would suffer for disobeying -- toiling in sweat in a land that brought forth thorns and thistles, etc.

But this suffering was God's plan and for a purpose, or do you not understand this?

You come off as being a tinge arrogant, thinking you have some secret knowledge that others do not understand. You desire to teach as well as to try to corrupt the faith of some.

You might get some followers if you stay over in your preferred forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,266 posts, read 7,654,495 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
.....

You come off as being a tinge arrogant, thinking you have some secret knowledge that others do not understand. You desire to teach as well as to try to corrupt the faith of some.

You might get some followers if you stay over in your preferred forum.
There's a forum for people with this particular delusion? Is it at all like one for the ones who think Genesis is literal history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
3,139 posts, read 939,100 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There's a forum for people with this particular delusion? Is it at all like one for the ones who think Genesis is literal history?
There are many forums. However, I was thinking of another forum on City-Data. I don't think in this case that literalism is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 11:27 AM
 
1,205 posts, read 994,353 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird...wonder why my images aren't showing up.
It's god's will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 01:06 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,105,095 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Another religious threat from someone who has no power over me. God told Adam that he would die if he ate from the tree. Yes, God told him the penalty would be death. And many other things they would suffer for disobeying -- toiling in sweat in a land that brought forth thorns and thistles, etc.

But this suffering was God's plan and for a purpose, or do you not understand this?

You come off as being a tinge arrogant, thinking you have some secret knowledge that others do not understand. You desire to teach as well as to try to corrupt the faith of some.

You might get some followers if you stay over in your preferred forum.
Amen, consider it joy when you suffer for doing what is good.
Just trying to help as many as I can to be careful with their tongues. Everything you say about Adam and Chavah is something for or against the very inheritance that has been offered to those who are in Christ.

To live is Christ, to die is gain."


Preferred forum?
Pretty sure the site shares posting stats.
And for me the christian forum is the most frequented.

So was that some kind of slur?

I think you need some blessings.
Would you like to talk more about wise virgins?
I imagine they have some neat husbands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top