U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 09:26 PM

1,382 posts, read 486,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Not testy.. just very sad for you.
repentance is a great thing. I do it as often as I find I might not have or am all I should be..
repentance is not a bad thing to understand at all.
and humilty is even better to understand very well.
but what you are speaking does not come from LIFE..
as I doubt you can boast like Paul did in his Proof of his belief.. the Proof was his deeds..

Jesus very last instructions to his disciples were these words..
they are foundational to his churches health and well being that it follows believers not just talkers.. and confusers.. .. .. Mar 16:17

“These [fn]signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18

they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Mar 16:19

So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Paul did those things and more..
YOU?
so we follow Paul ! and would never Judge him for any part of his humanity .
But personally like the prophets and prophetic the most..and the book of Enoch .. JOHN, Daniel , David and the Psalms and lots of others..
I learn most from the old testament prophets. and Enoch records. and I have been studying hard for like 40 or more years.. But yes I do like them best. .
it is those books no one reads that put the pieces of the puzzles in place. Paul was the elder to the Gentiles and no one should doubt that. I will not discuss that with you anymore. Paul is not the subject of this thread and won't be .
Paul, like the false prophet of Matthew 7:15-23, will say Lord, Lord, prophesized in your name, did supposed miracles, and cast out demons, if only one demon, yet, as with the false prophet, Yeshua will say, "I never new you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness".

As for the topic of two witnesses. You follow the two witnesses representing lawlessness (Paul), and stumbling block (Peter). On the other hand, there are two witnesses who taught repentance and seeking the kingdom. God's kingdom is built using justice and righteousness built on "a tested stone". (Isaiah 28:16). Your two witness foundation, preach on the assumption that one must believe and follow them, and then you will be saved. Sorry, no prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 09:24 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,219,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Paul, like the false prophet of Matthew 7:15-23, will say Lord, Lord, prophesized in your name, did supposed miracles, and cast out demons, if only one demon, yet, as with the false prophet, Yeshua will say, "I never new you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness".

As for the topic of two witnesses. You follow the two witnesses representing lawlessness (Paul), and stumbling block (Peter). On the other hand, there are two witnesses who taught repentance and seeking the kingdom. God's kingdom is built using justice and righteousness built on "a tested stone". (Isaiah 28:16). Your two witness foundation, preach on the assumption that one must believe and follow them, and then you will be saved. Sorry, no prize.
you want to throw away your bible and pick and chose what you want it to say.. Go for it.. but I refuse to do that !!
I must reconcile everybit of it as best I can .. even holding diametrically opposed concepts as 1000% truth .. if I can do it or not in my little head , I will still beleive it is all true.
burn the Bible if you wish.. But get off my thread because this isn't about Paul or you either.
it is to discuss the two witnesses.
if you refuse to discuss the two witnesses then get out of my thread.
PS JOHN saw this vision of Revelations .. not Paul! GOT IT? ..

Old 08-27-2018, 03:21 AM

1,382 posts, read 486,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you want to throw away your bible and pick and chose what you want it to say.. Go for it.. but I refuse to do that !!
I must reconcile everybit of it as best I can .. even holding diametrically opposed concepts as 1000% truth .. if I can do it or not in my little head , I will still beleive it is all true.
burn the Bible if you wish.. But get off my thread because this isn't about Paul or you either.
it is to discuss the two witnesses.
if you refuse to discuss the two witnesses then get out of my thread.
PS JOHN saw this vision of Revelations .. not Paul! GOT IT? ..

Peter and Paul are the two witnesses of the beast with two horns like a lamb (Revelation 13:11). These would be the two shepherds taken to pasture the flock "doomed to slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7), and the message of their church, the daughter of Babylon, is the false gospel of grace. The two witnesses of Revelation 11, both had the power to stop the rain, and who were to be killed in Jerusalem. These were the "two olive trees" (Revelation 11:4) & (Zechariah 4:3), and were "the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth" (Zechariah 4:14). Both were to be killed in Jerusalem (Revelation 11:8).

As for you being double minded, and "holding diametrically opposed concepts", to stay faithful to the dogmas and canon of the Roman church, good luck with that. There is nothing holy about the Roman church or her current NT canon, which was set by the Roman bishop of Alexandria in 367 AD. The Roman church is about to "fall" (Isaiah 22:25), and your canon, based on the lawless Paul, and stumbling block Peter, is about to be tossed into the fire (Matthew 13:41).

Old 08-28-2018, 03:03 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,103,465 times
Shavuot Shalom sis.

Yes,
There comes a time when discretion and wisdom will be found in the wonderful counselor.
In the spirit of knowledge and understanding a person matures in the fruits of the spirit.

Have you ever seen the crown of a tree produce fruit after each season it overcame.
I imagine that there are many fruits upon the crowns of those who give glory to the Lord.

How beautiful that street must look to those who have waited to see the two witnesses taken up to heaven.

Blessings Always
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or