U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:01 AM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
See, I don't see that he is saying that...what I see is he places the
power of God and the Will of God as more imp (thus, Jesus asking pass this cup) and faith in God
all of them trumping feelings.

For example, I also do...my feelings sometimes are ...'oh what a drag I have to go someplace'....yet, Christ in me, as the saying goes, gives me the strength when I do it anyway ignoring my silly lazy feelings, with God as my strength. It is always easy when I look to God to help me do it.

DR...would that be sort of what you are meaning ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They have a role in life, but feelings DO nothing. They are thermometers.
Feelings indicate what our faith is in. We speak our feelings, because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth cannot help but speak it. So if you feel weak and live in that feeling of being weak, you will inevitably speak that feeling, on the other hand if you are feeling weak, then a change of feeling is required, in the weak feeling case, i am strong is the feeling we clothe ourselves with.

I read this quote a recently, not sure whose quote it is, but they said..As you continue to travel within,the without takes care of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,164,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Feelings indicate what our faith is in. We speak our feelings, because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth cannot help but speak it. So if you feel weak and live in that feeling of being weak, you will inevitably speak that feeling, on the other hand if you are feeling weak, then a change of feeling is required, in the weak feeling case, i am strong is the feeling we clothe ourselves with.

I read this quote a recently, not sure whose quote it is, but they said..As you continue to travel within,the without takes care of itself.
That is a great explanation, camps.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,164,467 times
Quote:

Ran across this quote just now:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched -- they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Old 08-31-2018, 10:54 AM

5,452 posts, read 2,292,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So many confusing thoughts out there....is it cleaning up sins? doing a Mother Theresa? faithfully attending "church" every time the doors are open or is it something else entirely?

Creating God's kingdom on Earth. Why?

Old 08-31-2018, 12:23 PM

3,139 posts, read 937,194 times
Quote:
Evangelicals have spoken out against feeings for donkeys years, not understanding that feeling is every bit associated with faith..... It is beyong ridiculous when you sing "He touched me and made me whole", you say we felt his presence, you say you felt the Lord put it on your heart, then easily dismiss feelings. You evangelicals have been getting away with such hypocrisy for far too long.

They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”

You have filled my heart with more joy than when grain and new wine abound.

Joy with no feeling?....... You're havin a giraffe.
Nailed it!

Old 08-31-2018, 12:50 PM

28,445 posts, read 15,427,246 times
If you want to follow Christ more effectively, faith is absolutely necessary above all else.

If you want to live a life where you feel good - then follow your feelings.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:51 PM

25,775 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Quote:
If you want to follow Christ more effectively, faith is absolutely necessary above all else.

Doing good makes most people feel good. Should they stop?

Old 08-31-2018, 12:56 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times
Quote:

The reason i have an issue with evangelical beliefs is their faith..... it is in something rather than something that is lived by.... My faith is what is seen in the unseen not in the seen(the buying and selling world where every Tom, Dick and Harry as their faith in something).

I take it you have never trusted a gut feeling ?.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Doing good makes most people feel good. Should they stop?
I did not address "doing good" in my post.

Do what you want to do.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
The reason i have an issue with evangelical beliefs is their faith..... it is in something rather than something that is lived by.... My faith is what is seen in the unseen not in the seen(the buying and selling world where every Tom, Dick and Harry as their faith in something).

I take it you have never trusted a gut feeling ?.
Yeah - I know... you have an issue with the Bible as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or