U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 01:24 PM

25,749 posts, read 13,395,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I did not address "doing good" in my post.
It's been my experience most fundies don't address doing good.

Quote:
Do what you want to do.
I do, usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 01:50 PM

20,340 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
If you want to follow Christ more effectively, faith is absolutely necessary above all else.

If you want to live a life where you feel good - then follow your feelings.
Love is the foundation that builds faith, it is that which is above everything else.
If you have faith without love, you are nothing but a clanging cymbal.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:35 PM

14,766 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
+1

I want to be Pleroo when I get younger.
In another life, me and Pleroo were the same person but we got split into twins, of course, everyone knows that she is the good one and me the evil dark one, and God loves her more than me, DANG the good luck, and damn my eyes for the bad.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:41 PM

28,429 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the foundation that builds faith, it is that which is above everything else.
I don't know what that is... your attempt at quoting Scripture I guess.

I guess it felt good to make up what you posted. That seems to be the theme here.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:47 PM

14,766 posts, read 4,958,159 times
These are all Priests.

Revelation 14
The Lamb and the 144,000
1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Everyone taken from all history counted amongst these 144,000 are all priests, and to be called a Firstfruit is just that. Jesus rose as a firstfruit, and at the coming of Jesus, all those firstfruits get resurrected to be brethren to Messiah, not children, but brethren who have become high Priests in their own right because they had chosen the narrow way scraping past a 400 pound veil into the Holy of Holies where high Priests may go, and nobody else.

Their goal is to study day and night to become priests, and this is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven in the Holy of Holies, but also in the Holy place, there are also priests, and everyone counted among Israel becomes a priest.

Then you have the outer court of Gentiles which is also called the outer court of darkness, and this is where the great majority are sent and none of them are priests while Israel has become a nation of priests and of kings.

A Nation of priests and kings will have people to teach and rule over, and this is everyone in the outer court of darkness. All the nations will come to their light.

WE don't just have a goal, we are actually in a race against time, a race where many run but only one wins, that is our goal, to run the race for a better resurrection and a better resurrection leads to study in order to become a priest.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:52 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,069,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
So many confusing thoughts out there....is it cleaning up sins? doing a Mother Theresa? faithfully attending "church" every time the doors are open or is it something else entirely?
To be like Christ.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:47 PM

20,340 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
If you want to follow Christ more effectively, faith is absolutely necessary above all else.

If you want to live a life where you feel good - then follow your feelings.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what that is... your attempt at quoting Scripture I guess.

I guess it felt good to make up what you posted. That seems to be the theme here.
If you want to deny that love is the foundation on which faith is built, then go ahead and deny it.
It appears that fundamentalists despise the notion or idea that love takes precedence, over faith.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:53 PM

4,229 posts, read 1,623,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
To be like Christ.

Yes by obeying him. He meant every word he said. Like this ultra important truth
Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Then one learns to accomplish this- John 4:22-24)

Old 08-31-2018, 04:23 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,217,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Then one learns to accomplish this- John 4:22-24)

yes I like that verse too But I would add this one to it..

Phl 2:13

for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:08 PM

28,429 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Quote:
If you want to deny that love is the foundation on which faith is built, then go ahead and deny it.
It appears that fundamentalists despise the notion or idea that love takes precedence, over faith.
You guys are great at attributing thoughts out of thin air and pinning them on people.

The only thing I denied was you trying to quote Scripture.

In fact - I'm going to do the loving thing and move on from this - cause it's going nowhere - as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or