Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:47 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times

Advertisements

someone missed the point of that verse..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 03:54 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Earthquake.

Do you know the hour and the day?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:16 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If God closes God’s eyes, then God would be the one in the dark.

What does it mean to you when you say “enter into darkness”? What would that be like? In other words, describe how you think that experience would be, in literal terms. Have you been in that darkness before?
When I did the alter call and asked Jesus into my heart I was in darkness before it and after though I thought I was saved because of it.

When I think back on the days going to Bible study and the people who thought they had done enough it makes me really sad.

Although if it wasn't for those days I wouldn't have grown to what I know now.

Darkness is in those who have no light in them.

The light is in life and life is in the son.

One must have the light of life to enter the kingdom of heaven.To acquire the light of life one must believe in the son and perform good works in the name of the Lord.

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do."

" The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. "

Old 09-05-2018, 07:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
When I did the alter call and asked Jesus into my heart I was in darkness before it and after though I thought I was saved because of it.

When I think back on the days going to Bible study and the people who thought they had done enough it makes me really sad.

Although if it wasn't for those days I wouldn't have grown to what I know now.

Darkness is in those who have no light in them.

The light is in life and life is in the son.

One must have the light of life to enter the kingdom of heaven.To acquire the light of life one must believe in the son and perform good works in the name of the Lord.

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do."

" The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. "
But, what was it like for you being in darkness in literal terms? How were you and your life different now than you/it were then?

Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This idea of having JUST the faith of a mustard seed is baloney.

Now, I would like to talk here with people out in the field... real people, dealing with real life
situations, and your faith and their faith.
WHEN have you ever found that their mustard seed of faith has healed them?

Because what I have found is that it takes every ounce of your colossal faith do heal anyone.
YES! We are just like a water hose and the Holy Spirit runs through us...but, guess what ...
to be a conduit takes a lot!
And not a mustard seed of faith.

Now, Jesus...because of his clear connection and knowledge...HE could say that.

It takes SO much to heal people or to manifest anything from the spirit world to the physical.

If you are going to come here thinking in some intellectual way ...or quoting scripture ...
forget about it..you are out of your league.

Post if you know what I mean...in healing people personally...in reality...not some scriptural reciting of words.

Can you commiserate with me? Let others read what it's like...those that really put themselves out there.
Baloney? I submit sir that you are full of something a bit more distasteful than baloney. Bovine excrement, perhaps, but not baloney.

Jesus said that if one had the faith of a mustard seed he could tell a mountain to be moved and cast into the sea.

Faith as small as a grain of mustard seed can do it.

Google Kansai International airport in Japan. Not one but three mountains were excavated and literally cast into the sea to build the airport. The initial seed for this was smaller and had less substance than a mustard seed. It was words, mere words that started the project. Words have no substance.

Words are only air gushing out of our mouths.

Kind of like the rubbish you exhale.

In point of fact, it is Jesus Christ and not ourselves who brings healing and salvation.

One only has to believe to be saved....and THAT is the greatest miracle - the greatest healing of all. One must believe, not in ourselves but in Christ to be healed of sin and forgiven of that which offends God. This is the greatest miracle of all perhaps the greatest thing to touch this poor old earth since creation itself.

It requires nothing of substance at all. Just believe and accept Christ and you will be saved. There is absolutely nothing else you have to do. It isn't hard and it isn't obscenely impossible.

It is Christ who brings the kingdom of heaven to us, not some fake magician pretending to know the substance of spirit and flesh.

Such persons are false Christs. We've been warned to give them our backs along with the demon spirit that influences them.

Out of our league? Absolutely. There is no place for darkness in the light of Jesus Christ.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Old 09-06-2018, 06:53 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But, what was it like for you being in darkness in literal terms? How were you and your life different now than you/it were then?
In darkness one feels as though you are going to a magical place in another realm called heaven.

In the light you are in heaven. It is a totally different experience.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Baloney? I submit sir that you are full of something a bit more distasteful than baloney. Bovine excrement, perhaps, but not baloney.

Jesus said that if one had the faith of a mustard seed he could tell a mountain to be moved and cast into the sea.

Faith as small as a grain of mustard seed can do it.

Google Kansai International airport in Japan. Not one but three mountains were excavated and literally cast into the sea to build the airport. The initial seed for this was smaller and had less substance than a mustard seed. It was words, mere words that started the project. Words have no substance.

Words are only air gushing out of our mouths.

Kind of like the rubbish you exhale.

In point of fact, it is Jesus Christ and not ourselves who brings healing and salvation.

One only has to believe to be saved....and THAT is the greatest miracle - the greatest healing of all. One must believe, not in ourselves but in Christ to be healed of sin and forgiven of that which offends God. This is the greatest miracle of all perhaps the greatest thing to touch this poor old earth since creation itself.

It requires nothing of substance at all. Just believe and accept Christ and you will be saved. There is absolutely nothing else you have to do. It isn't hard and it isn't obscenely impossible.

It is Christ who brings the kingdom of heaven to us, not some fake magician pretending to know the substance of spirit and flesh.

Such persons are false Christs. We've been warned to give them our backs along with the demon spirit that influences them.

Out of our league? Absolutely. There is no place for darkness in the light of Jesus Christ.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
People begin with an idea, after talking about it and brainstorming they come up with a way of solving the issue, and if that means moving a bunch of dirt, so be it. But nothing ever happens until you act upon it.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:28 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Earthquake.

Rosh Hashanah

Old 09-06-2018, 11:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Earthquake.

Quote:
Rosh Hashanah
September 9th through the 11th.

l'shanah tovah

Old 09-07-2018, 06:30 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
In darkness one feels as though you are going to a magical place in another realm called heaven.

In the light you are in heaven. It is a totally different experience.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Are you able to describe your experience of being “in heaven”, in literal terms? How do you feel and what do you do differently than when you weren’t in heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity