Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 03:28 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh, I know the meaning of faith and belief and knowing...and direct experience, I could add ...
Ha! I'm not boasting, Free4you! Just to explain myself.

To get a cold call while I am 2000 miles away to please come and heal a woman with cancer that is an
admitted pagan...I found out later that practiced some dark arts...so a bit into the witchcraft side,
which most pagans aren't, btw...and still go to her when I returned back in town...does not take a mustard seed of faith, this is my point.

When a person, can go immediately when asked to the ICU to the bedside of a dying woman in a coma,
being kept alive by a heart pump and breathing machine and pray for her to be healed from head to foot with no brain damage, with people waiting in the wings...that, does not take the faith
of a mustard seed,
that is my only point.

And for those that have done things like this with no hesitation and a silent audience...
oh my, do they ever know, what I'm talking about.

And when this truck load of faith that has it's anchor deep into the ground
in bedrock is given and felt...it is a light and
intoxicating thing.

Mustard seed? Sure, it could happen.

My message? Build your faith so it is unshakeable people.

Hi, pinacled...xo

Yeah, I think the mustard seed is just the starting point. It's the point where you say, "Y'know, I'm gonna experiment and test if this stuff is real." The mustard seed, as I recall the text claims, ends up growing into the largest plant? I don't think that's true, but I did find this: "The plants are easy to grow and produce seed in as few as 60 days. The greens are edible, the flowers attractive, and if the seeds are allowed to mature on the plant, they will self-sow and still provide plenty for mustard making."

So, from a small start, a small step forward, faith can mature quickly and produce in abundance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 03:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
That is a great point, Pleroo.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:59 PM

18,846 posts, read 27,288,474 times
1. I personally know a local pastor that was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given several months to live. That was in 2004. He is still fine and running church. He did NO treatment official medicine offered him, only staying in faith - very intelligent man, btw - and taking some root tea. Whatever he decided will help him with god's will.
2. read this:
https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Secret.../dp/0879801344

You can find free download somewhere, no doubt. It will touch points you are concerned with.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:10 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,899,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This idea of having JUST the faith of a mustard seed is baloney.
I find Jesus was stressing that even a little faith could accomplish much -> Matthew 17:20; Luke 17:6
Not that we are instructed to physical healing, but to accomplish much spiritual healing -> Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
The theme of Jesus' teaching as found at Luke 4:43 is to tell others about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44.

Since the mustard grain is a rapid-growing herb ( black mustard being dark brown) in the fall its stems / branches harden enough to be so rigid as to support birds that feed on the seeds. Arabs do designate as ' trees' even plants smaller than the mustard.

Since the mustard seed is fast growing, then today's rapid growing about the good news of Matthew 24:14 is also spreading fast throughout the Earth. Even modern technology has made rapid Bible translation possible so that people living even in remote areas can now have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:22 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,899,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
1. I personally know a local pastor that was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given several months to live. That was in 2004. He is still fine and running church. He did NO treatment official medicine offered him, only staying in faith - very intelligent man, btw - and taking some root tea. Whatever he decided will help him with god's will..
I know of woman who doctors gave up on her liver cancer but she took doses of Milk Thistle and it worked for her.
This is Not saying we are talking about the healing that Jesus did. Jesus healed instantly.
What healings Jesus did was on a small-scale basis giving us a preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale at the the soon coming time of Revelation 22:2 when there will be healing for earth's nations.
That healing is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !

The instruction Jesus gave at Matthew 28:18-20 is now about ' spiritual healing ' for earth's nations.
That is why the good news about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is stressed at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
God's kingdom government (thy kingdom come) is the solution to mankind's problems, mankind's ills.
We don't pray to be ' taken up ' to the kingdom, Nor pray to be ' taken away ' to the kingdom, but for the kingdom to come.
So, God's will, His purpose, is what Jesus instructed us to pray for and to do.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Jesus was stressing that even a little faith could accomplish much -> Matthew 17:20; Luke 17:6
Oh my, YES!

Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What healings Jesus did was on a small-scale basis giving us a preview, or coming attraction...
Oh my.
Yes!

Old 09-02-2018, 06:56 PM

3,220 posts, read 912,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Polly want a cracker?
Why are you copying someone else's saying you little parrot.😬

Least you could do is copy something for eternal life.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:12 PM

3,220 posts, read 912,614 times
Quote:
It takes more than quoting or repeating the Scripture to walk with Christ Jesus.
You have no idea. It isn't about being nice it's about serving God as Jesus showed us.

Think about it. Jesus says;

My sheep follow me!!

Abide in my words!!!

Worship in truth!!

Father your word is truth!!

Man lives by God's word!!

The word of God is life!!!

Those who believe in me do the works I do.!!

My people do God's word, His will!!!

My mission was to spread God's word, you do the same.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
It takes more than quoting or repeating the Scripture to walk with Christ Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
You have no idea. It isn't about being nice it's about serving God as Jesus showed us.

Think about it. Jesus says;

My sheep follow me!!

Abide in my words!!!

Worship in truth!!

Father your word is truth!!

Man lives by God's word!!

The word of God is life!!!

Those who believe in me do the works I do.!!

My people do God's word, His will!!!

My mission was to spread God's word, you do the same.
Do you actively engage in promoting human welfare and alleviate suffering without prejudice.
Or, do you merely preach at people by quoting something they can read for themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity