U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:04 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,181,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Your correct.

So why are you trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which, I have heard from God.
What makes you think someone is trying to kill you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 04:13 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,181,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I really don't have too much of a problem with that, until it becomes the bible(my way) or the highway. Jesus taught no such thing, he taught this i am the way to the Father.
I agree. But, some can't find comfort any other way than "bible/my way or the highway". While I don't worry about them harming me with that mindset, they DO worry about their spirit being "killed" by those who don't go their way.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:44 PM

20,430 posts, read 9,845,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm pretty sure Free4you believes that quoting various verses and phrases that are in the bible, or words that are somehow bible related, is doing "good works" and makes him "the son". He finds comfort in that belief, I think.
Quote:
Your correct.

So why are you trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which, I have heard from God.
Quote:
What makes you think someone is trying to kill you?
It's the messiah complex (also known as the savior complex).

Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM

15,431 posts, read 12,165,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
... there is no other way to learn exactly who he is besides the law and the prophets...
Don't be so sure!!! And I also don't mean asking him into your heart.

What changed the course of my focus was reading Jeremiah 9....'know and understand me"....maybe around 2006-7.
What? We can know and understand the very mind and heart and being of God Himself?
And off I went ...and was successful a few years later!

Old 09-03-2018, 08:03 PM

15,431 posts, read 12,165,241 times
Quote:
That is your interpretation. It works for you but it was not the commission......so?
I see it as I speak it.....the truth that is, God's word.
I shall reveal myself to anyone who loves me and keeps my commandments and my Father and I shall love him and we shall dwell within him because he keeps my word.As it is written;
"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me shall be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him. "
Quote:
"The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father shall love him
and we shall come and dwell within him. "
Yes, loving my neighbor...one of the 2 commandments.

Love is my interpretation, and keeping his words, meaning practicing all of them, Free4you...
and what you do for the least of these you do for me.
You are one tough cookie...gotta find some fault wherever you go it seems.
Pick pick pick.
I'm moving on from your posts. C'ya, take care. Best wishes.

(That is forum code for joining the ignore list provided here.)

Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM

32,255 posts, read 21,131,193 times
Quote:
I agree. But, some can't find comfort any other way than "bible/my way or the highway". While I don't worry about them harming me with that mindset, they DO worry about their spirit being "killed" by those who don't go their way.
Absolutely Pleroo,.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:22 PM

954 posts, read 146,394 times
Quote:
Kinda like;

"No one can come to the Father except by me."

Man, Jesus sure had a problem. It was his way or the highway.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:48 PM

25,870 posts, read 13,445,735 times
Quote:
Your correct.

Nobody's trying to kill you.

Some people, including me once upon a time, try to connect you to reality. Thus far, to no avail.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:57 PM

954 posts, read 146,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nobody's trying to kill you.

Some people, including me once upon a time, try to connect you to reality. Thus far, to no avail.
I was quoting Jesus but in a way You are trying to kill my ways which would kill my spirit if that could actually happen. I don't really think it will happen.

Jesus meant the same thing though they did actually think they killed him.

"Blessed is He who's way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord. "

Old 09-03-2018, 09:06 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,111,043 times
Quote:
I was quoting Jesus but in a way You are trying to kill my ways which would kill my spirit if that could actually happen. I don't really think it will happen.

Jesus meant the same thing though they did actually think they killed him.

"Blessed is He who's way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord. "
You have a wonderful way of memory.
Its just that when it comes to communication. You shouldn't worry about being yourself and giving a gentle and modest opinion.

Gentle people typically will not respond well to a hint of anger without cause.

You have the Word so close to your heart.
There's no need to overwork yourself here in this forum.
If you have any friends to share with in fellowship. Enjoy their company where likemindedness is closer to your own.
Even if is in a congregation or bible study. Not everyone will have the Word flow exactly like yourself.
Even so remain in the vine.
And give with fruition to those who are in need.

Blessings Always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity