U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 12:53 PM

15,906 posts, read 8,174,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When I am in Heaven..I can't walk, I can't breathe, I can't touch a door knob....
I can't look at a person or the scenery behind them without feeling this....
I'll try to explain...Imagine you have been in love for the longest time...
take a man and a woman...for some reason it is forbidden...maybe there is a boyfriend,
maybe no interest is being shown from them....but you long for this person...
a scent they may leave in a room, a memory of some glance your way sustains you till the next time you see her...then....one day...she allows you to come close...she accepts and
invites your touch ...just your touch...a finger on a hand, on a forearm...she moans a little...
because she has been waiting, also.

You swoon. Period.
You are filled with such an ecstatic thrill....you have no heart anymore because it has melted into warm butter over your entire being....your chest wants to explode and yet magically, somehow, you can maintain this overwhelming feeling that makes your knees weak.

Should I go on? When in Heaven or State of Awareness of His Divine Presence....
touching a gate latch with my thumb is like touching touching God Himself....or in human terms touching your beloved you have longed for for so long.

The surroundings I'm in are electrified...alive, breathing...distant mountains...the tree, the rocks...the Doors of Perception have been opened by sheer Grace.
There is an invisible breeze blowing from nowhere through everything i see...alive, pulsing with love like an ecstasy few
have known...atoms swirling around me...all conscious, all love.
The walls, the ceiling are no longer made of drywall...they are held together by sheer love
'looking like' walls....beaming love into me. I am aware of 'Him'...He has allowed me to see.

It is shocking how much this body can actually withstand of this almost unbearable Divine Love.❤️
Like I said, I love your posts. I don't think I'm the type of person who would experience God/heaven in this sort of "electrified" way. I'm not built like that (I won't discount the possibility, I just don't assume it will be the same for me). Which is why I enjoy hearing about it from your very unique and exuberant point of view. For me, it's more pragmatic and quiet. There have been breakthrough moments of insight and epiphany, but for the most part it has been a gradual awakening to and awareness of God's presence, accompanied by a change of perspective, and spiritual and mental healing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 07:13 AM

40,090 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Like I said, I love your posts. I don't think I'm the type of person who would experience God/heaven in this sort of "electrified" way. I'm not built like that (I won't discount the possibility, I just don't assume it will be the same for me). Which is why I enjoy hearing about it from your very unique and exuberant point of view. For me, it's more pragmatic and quiet. There have been breakthrough moments of insight and epiphany, but for the most part it has been a gradual awakening to and awareness of God's presence, accompanied by a change of perspective, and spiritual and mental healing.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:22 AM

15,398 posts, read 12,143,677 times
Quote:
Well, you asked what it was like to be in Heaven...not the silent, slow seeking of Heaven
or the sweet gradual awakenings preparing to accept the experience
of what I would call the Biiss that Heaven is.

I can write articles on the subject on the practical, gradual awakening to and the awareness of God's Divine Presence.
I can talk about discipline, pitfalls, diet, the adjustment of core belief systems that lay in the unconscious
mind limiting us like paperchains, better times to meditate...
even breathing and yoga techniques that can aid a person
like tilling and preparing the soil for Divine Insights, Visitations...for God to
visit you inside intimately, while turning your exterior world into a Magical Kingdom for your eyes.
Just sayin'...I stayed on answering the question.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Well, you asked what it was like to be in Heaven...not the silent, slow seeking of Heaven
or the sweet gradual awakenings preparing to accept the experience
of what I would call the Biiss that Heaven is.

I can write articles on the subject on the practical, gradual awakening to and the awareness of God's Divine Presence.
I can talk about discipline, pitfalls, diet, the adjustment of core belief systems that lay in the unconscious
mind limiting us like paperchains, better times to meditate...
even breathing and yoga techniques that can aid a person
like tilling and preparing the soil for Divine Insights, Visitations...for God to
visit you inside intimately, while turning your exterior world into a Magical Kingdom for your eyes.
Just sayin'...I stayed on answering the question.
I wasn’t taking issue with your post, Miss H. I was just saying my experience is different, which is why I love hearing about yours.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I wasn’t taking issue with your post, Miss H. I was just saying my experience is different,
which is why I love hearing about yours.
I know you weren't ...it was like we were talking about 2 diff things, tho. My quiet waiting for slow awakenings
and epiphanies is the same as anybody's... or sitting preparing a place for the Holy Spirit within.
[Talking to Mystic here, also...hi]

Gary Renard asked his Advanced Spirit Guides (dunno what to call them) what Heaven was like in the book "The Disappearance of the Universe"...one said it was like taking your best org**m times 10,000 .....that never ends.
Gary in his usual way said, "Now you've got my attention."
Saying this from memory.
I could talk about that, also, from my experience...head to toe...oh my...haha...no drugs.

These moments of Grace with profound changes in perception are amazingly wonderful and life changing. Wow.
They can chhange an agnostic in a blink of an eye.
Staying for looong periods ...months, years in these states of transcendence takes prep....and, always Grace! Praise God.
Ya know what can take us out of months of being in this blissful Heaven 24/7? Illness...wow can we ever come down to earth, so to speak!! It's actually shocking. Years of mental focus helps with that....

I know I went off topic maybe..I do that.

Sometimes i imagine what kind of Grace was on those people to willingly , smilingly go into a lion's arena
for Roman enjoyment,...now that was solid, unshakeable faith...eh?
They were transported to "a Place"....the Zone! !

Old 09-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I know you weren't ...it was like we were talking about 2 diff things, tho. My quiet waiting for slow awakenings
and epiphanies is the same as anybody's... or sitting preparing a place for the Holy Spirit within.
[Talking to Mystic here, also...hi]

Gary Renard asked his Advanced Spirit Guides (dunno what to call them) what Heaven was like in the book "The Disappearance of the Universe"...one said it was like taking your best org**m times 10,000 .....that never ends.
Gary in his usual way said, "Now you've got my attention."
Saying this from memory.
I could talk about that, also, from my experience...head to toe...oh my...haha...no drugs.

These moments of Grace with profound changes in perception are amazingly wonderful and life changing. Wow.
They can chhange an agnostic in a blink of an eye.
Staying for looong periods ...months, years in these states of transcendence takes prep....and, always Grace! Praise God.
Ya know what can take us out of months of being in this blissful Heaven 24/7? Illness...wow can we ever come down to earth, so to speak!! It's actually shocking. Years of mental focus helps with that....

I know I went off topic maybe..I do that.

Sometimes i imagine what kind of Grace was on those people to willingly , smilingly go into a lion's arena
for Roman enjoyment,...now that was solid, unshakeable faith...eh?
They were transported to "a Place"....the Zone! !
I was thinking we were talking about the same thing, just different ways of experiencing it. But you would know better than I.

(Are you saying you are physically ill at the moment? I wasn’t sure why you were bringing up illness.)

Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
I was thinking we were talking about the same thing, just different ways of experiencing it. But you would know better than I.
You are talking about the same thing - experiencing God, Pleroo. Each of us who seek sincerely for answers can do so through devout prayer, some through meditation, some through simply being quiet and experiencing nature, and, regrettably, some through drugs and other mind-altering chemicals. I say regrettably for the latter because although it will give you access, it will be an undisciplined and chaotic access that can be quite devastating as the drugs simultaneously release unfettered (and uncontrollable) access to our unconscious - the source of dreams AND NIGHTMARES. The lack of sober conscious control under those conditions can be devastating.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Nope, not ill ...but...talk to others, if they are in a 'place' for months or years...there is nothing that can bring one out of some Heavenly place faster than illness! Wow.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:28 PM

Drugs...they can get you high....high enough to see over the fence...but then you
must come (fall) down.
There is a door through the fence
...it's a low door, you must bow your head to get through to stay.

A little story I was taught by an Indian teacher.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:21 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,834,499 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V-9dSPb_A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity