Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:35 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you actively engage in promoting human welfare and alleviate suffering without prejudice.
Or, do you merely preach at people by quoting something they can read for themselves?
It is not about reading it. It is about using it as Jesus said. Some people won't read it because they have been indoctrinated the wrong way.

Did Jesus wipe out hunger? He could have.

Disease? He could have.

I do help others with donating to charities. Though Jesus didn't.

Did Jesus visit people in jail? No. Not even His own cousin because it is not about that. Man thinks like man.

Think like God!!!

Keep God's word and you will live.

I know Him and I keep His word!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 07:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you actively engage in promoting human welfare and alleviate suffering without prejudice.
Or, do you merely preach at people by quoting something they can read for themselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is not about reading it. It is about using it as Jesus said. Some people won't read it because they have been indoctrinated the wrong way.

Did Jesus wipe out hunger? He could have.

Disease? He could have.

I do help others with donating to charities. Though Jesus didn't.

Did Jesus visit people in jail? No. Not even His own cousin because it is not about that. Man thinks like man.

Think like God!!!

Keep God's word and you will live.

I know Him and I keep His word!!
Did it ever occur to you, that he wants you to do those things.
Or, do you expect others to do it for you? Oh, ye of little faith.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
You have no idea. It isn't about being nice it's about serving God as Jesus showed us.

Think about it. Jesus says;

My sheep follow me!!

Abide in my words!!!

Worship in truth!!

Father your word is truth!!

Man lives by God's word!!

The word of God is life!!!

Those who believe in me do the works I do.!!

My people do God's word, His will!!!

My mission was to spread God's word, you do the same.
Kindness matters. It is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. You sound like an angry bird. There are foul birds nesting in the large tree in the book of Revelation. Christianity has grown into a HUGE TREE and there are many foul birds who nest in it's tree.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
You have no idea. It isn't about being nice it's about serving God as Jesus showed us.

Think about it. Jesus says;

My sheep follow me!!

Abide in my words!!!

Worship in truth!!

Father your word is truth!!

Man lives by God's word!!

The word of God is life!!!

Those who believe in me do the works I do.!!

My people do God's word, His will!!!

My mission was to spread God's word, you do the same.
This post is saying nothing, it is bible quoting with no spirit.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Well, one of my points or objectives was if you are a Christian ...
it takes a lot of faith to heal.

So, what to do?...ask God to give you such faith that if someone asks you to go
or please come to my mom's
who is dying of something, when MDs have said there is nothing they can do, and pray for
a healing (from God), so you have no hesitation.

You can ask yourself privately..."Yeah, I speak in tongues, I'm bap in the Holy Spirit...
yeah, why am I not healing (praying or asking for a healing for) those that want it ?
Why do I never rush to a friends to pray for them...aka, do a healing by His Grace and power that runs thru me?"

Only you can answer that to yourself by being still. I'm not calling you out here. It is for you.

Is it doubt, is it fear of failure, is it fear of being embarrassed 'if' the healing is not successful?
Do you have a belief that if you expect little you will not have disappointments.
Being shy (fearful) comes from the ego or the devil or the enemy or the evil one..
We were not born with a spirit of fear or confusion.

If we are to go boldly to God's throne...but on earth we never rushed
to pray for (on) someone...whassup?

I just threw those examples out...why do people not apply their faith to offer healings?

Increase your faith, people...figure out how, I say. Or be comfy in the love you feel for the
scriptures and God...give a little to charities, be kind to your neighbor...BUT, when your neighbor gets cancer...
Do nothing? Maybe recite some scripture to them?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This post is saying nothing, it is bible quoting with no spirit.
No spirit?

Even though Jesus said God's word is spirit and life.

That quote only shows misunderstanding of scripture and the power of God.

If you want to heal someone give them the medicine of life and the word of the Lord. As Jesus said after he healed a man "go and sin no more so something worse won't come upon you."

Praying is not speaking the word of man but the word of God.

God hears the son. The truth. If you want God to hear you it is as Jesus said; "Father I know that you hear me, I know that you always hear me. "

The son is the truth. God hears the truth, His word. Failure to use God's word for and to your neighbor amounts to abuse.

What you were given as a gift give as a gift.

If only you knew God's gift and the joy of the spirit you would walk in the light of the Lord,render true judgement, and show kindness and compassion for others.

"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father. "

Old 09-03-2018, 09:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
No spirit?
"
That's what i said. xx

Have you never come a crross a preacher who booms out scripture from the pulpit to no effect, but someone can preach using the same scriptures and there is effect?. Why do you think that is?. You have to be in spirit that which you convey to others, or you might as well remain quiet.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-03-2018 at 10:15 AM..

Old 09-03-2018, 10:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
That's what i said. xx

Have you never come a crross a preacher who booms out scripture from the pulpit to no effect, but someone can preach using the same scriptures and there is effect?. Why do you think that is?. You have to be in spirit that which you convey to others, or you might as well remain quite.
Yes. I do not like loud, screaming preachers. They are doing it to try to intimidate a captive audience. A man filled with the spirit has no need to scream at others. An angry sounding preacher, people should never listen to nor trust.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
That's what i said. xx

Have you never come a crross a preacher who booms out scripture from the pulpit to no effect, but someone can preach using the same scriptures and there is effect?. Why do you think that is?. You have to be in spirit that which you convey to others, or you might as well remain quiet.
I know what you mean but those kind use words of there own or words they think are scripture but aren't.

I realize there are some I will not reach like yourself but there are many who read and do not get involved.

I do as Jesus instructed me.

The fruit will come sooner or later.

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Only god is good.

Give to god what is god's.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father. "
Then shine some! I didn't feel any shine from you, myself.
people shining don't use these here...

I used recently about myself being a dope, I think, in jest. People like to look things

up here and to put in your face, so...I beat 'em to it... Foiled the devil again!

***Oops, I got pulled into this on my own thread !!!***
Topic is in general about faith and healing ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity