U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 09:17 PM

981 posts, read 355,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Everyone wants to believe that god is on their side..some pray to win sporting contests, some pray to win wars, others pray for shelter, food and comfort.

But what happens when one prays for an answer and is told to murder the sinner?

A Christian male in Washington state is under arrest after confessing to beheading his girlfriend because she refused to repent.

Most everyone hears that "voice"in the back of their head, telling them not to do it, to stop now, or to say something, or the other thread that told the woman to push the alarm, but when that voice tells us to strike out at another human...

When does the act cross the line and how will the organized church address such tragedies?
The voices are not all in our heads.

The voices are on TV, in our newspapers, in our movies, in our books and magazines and in ourselves.

Murder is perfectly acceptable if you put on a uniform wave a flag and do it in the name of your country.

You don't even have to be religious. Christian or not its perfectly acceptable. It's not right, but who cares?

Martin Luther King, Jr. once asked the difference between a soldier in uniform who killed a citizen of a foreign country and a hoodlum on one of our own city streets who killed another person. King's answer was that there is no difference.

To put it another way, what's the difference between a policeman and a criminal who point a gun at you? There IS NO DIFFERENCE. When you're looking at the business end of a gun it doesn't matter who's pointing it at you.

And if you'd ever found yourself crouching low as a bullet whizzed over your head you wouldn't be asking yourself such stupid questions........you'd just be hoping to get out of the situation alive.

That's it and that's all.

Those that argue for gun control need to begin with the military. It is most definitely immoral illegal and real wrong to go around the world murdering and killing and destroying property of those who've done us no harm.

WE HAVE CROSSED THE LINE AS A NATION. WE ARE ALL SINNERS.

The killing must end before we are all sucked into the madness. Begin with disarming the military and end with peace. Peace never comes from the end of a gun, unless you count the peaceful sleepers in our cemeteries. On the other hand, if you disagree with my argument then I suspect you'll run out to the nearest gun shop and arm yourself. One is either a target or a shooter. There are few spectators in war and we are at war. Make no mistake about it.

It is never acceptable to kill.

But Americans love to kill and they love the entertainment it brings. Fine. Just remember that those who live by the gun will die by the gun. Think about it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 11:47 PM

3,139 posts, read 937,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The voices are not all in our heads.

The voices are on TV, in our newspapers, in our movies, in our books and magazines and in ourselves.

Murder is perfectly acceptable if you put on a uniform wave a flag and do it in the name of your country.

You don't even have to be religious. Christian or not its perfectly acceptable. It's not right, but who cares?

Martin Luther King, Jr. once asked the difference between a soldier in uniform who killed a citizen of a foreign country and a hoodlum on one of our own city streets who killed another person. King's answer was that there is no difference.

To put it another way, what's the difference between a policeman and a criminal who point a gun at you? There IS NO DIFFERENCE. When you're looking at the business end of a gun it doesn't matter who's pointing it at you.

And if you'd ever found yourself crouching low as a bullet whizzed over your head you wouldn't be asking yourself such stupid questions........you'd just be hoping to get out of the situation alive.

That's it and that's all.

Those that argue for gun control need to begin with the military. It is most definitely immoral illegal and real wrong to go around the world murdering and killing and destroying property of those who've done us no harm.

WE HAVE CROSSED THE LINE AS A NATION. WE ARE ALL SINNERS.

The killing must end before we are all sucked into the madness. Begin with disarming the military and end with peace. Peace never comes from the end of a gun, unless you count the peaceful sleepers in our cemeteries. On the other hand, if you disagree with my argument then I suspect you'll run out to the nearest gun shop and arm yourself. One is either a target or a shooter. There are few spectators in war and we are at war. Make no mistake about it.

It is never acceptable to kill.

But Americans love to kill and they love the entertainment it brings. Fine. Just remember that those who live by the gun will die by the gun. Think about it.

I completely agree with you that American soldiers have killed many millions of people including children without any provocation. We are taught to respect and honor those who do this for a living, but I really can't after all I've witnessed of the giant military machine that we operate all over the globe. It really makes me sick mostly. I am perplexed by it even more so because my spouse is an engineer for the Navy and has been for 35 years.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:50 AM

10,559 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I completely agree with you that American soldiers have killed many millions of people including children without any provocation. We are taught to respect and honor those who do this for a living, but I really can't after all I've witnessed of the giant military machine that we operate all over the globe. It really makes me sick mostly. I am perplexed by it even more so because my spouse is an engineer for the Navy and has been for 35 years.
Well, that is true, BUT its only true if the reason for war is considered just...if its not, then God will hold those soldiers each responsible for any killing they have done.

Plus, you have to keep in mind, the REAL reason the US goes to war, may not be the reason they tell the public...so, while the publicly stated reason may be just, if the 'real' reason is not, then those rules do not apply.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,167,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Like any group of people, soldiers are individuals and only the individual knows why they do what they do, and whether or not their reasons for doing so leave them with a clear conscience.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:55 PM

20,360 posts, read 9,822,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Like any group of people, soldiers are individuals and only the individual knows why they do what they do, and whether or not their reasons for doing so leave them with a clear conscience.
The hardest thing anyone will ever have to do is shoot a child that is strapped with C-4 or explosives.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:21 PM

14,794 posts, read 4,963,523 times
Wow.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:11 AM

10,559 posts, read 2,692,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, but 'just doing ones job' or 'just following orders' is probably not going to be an acceptable excuse in Gods eyes!

Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The hardest thing anyone will ever have to do is shoot a child that is strapped with C-4 or explosives.
A harder thing to do is ask WHY that child is wearing explosives.

The child is wearing explosives to fight against soldiers who have invaded his country without just cause.

"That tends to happen when you use machine guns on them."
- Dr. Grace Augustine from AVATAR

Today America is the enemy. America is the unjust invader. America is the aggressor.

America is NOT in the right. America is NOT justified in stealing and murdering and destroying property of those who have done us no wrong.

THEY are justified in using any means necessary and possible to evict us from their own country. Did we not use the same justification for fighting against the British crown in our own war of independence? All of a sudden the logic and rationale is different? I don't think so. I do think we are so propagandized to support our vindictive sadistic greedy leaders that we'd buy any lie they tell us.

Matthew 5:9 quotes Jesus saying, "blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called the sons of God."

Which American leaders consistently and constantly call for peace? Make a list and tell us all. Is it long or short?
Make another list of American leaders who call for war. I bet it will be so long it cannot be published here.

If those who call for peace are sons of God, what then are those who instigate and encourage unjust war but sons of the kingdom of satan.(*)

The American flag is stained today with injustice violence and crimes against humanity. Holy judgment is coming upon us. We are already witness to increasing crimes and destruction within our own borders.

It is time and past time to humbly repent of our sins. All of us are guilty. All of us have innocent blood on our hands because we support a rogue nation and a criminal government. All of us need to seek peace with God. NOW.

The time is past when we can utter a few insincere prayers and suppose God will heal the land. We have passed the tipping point and holy judgment is upon us and getting more severe every day. More than 1 Billion dollars' worth of destruction has come upon this country every month since January 1st, 2018 (NBC news).

Judgment is coming in waves with short pauses between each. (That was the Biblical pattern for divine judgment against ancient Israel. Look it up.)

Every time the wave of loss and grief gets stronger and more terrible.
Every time the pauses between events grows shorter - until a time when there is no respite and no rest.

The time to repent is NOW. The time to make peace with God is NOW. The time to lose one's sins and pet fantasies is NOW. Every stray thought must be taken captive and removed from us. The time to get serious about righteousness before God is NOW.

(*) It has been jokingly repeated in our nation's capital that if one wanted to go crazy he or she should move to Washington, DC where it will not be noticed.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-07-2018 at 07:45 AM..

Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, but 'just doing ones job' or 'just following orders' is probably not going to be an acceptable excuse in Gods eyes!
It is not acceptable in the eyes of man either.

During the Nuremberg war crimes trials of former Nazi leaders, the legal precedent was established that 'following orders' is NOT grounds for acquittal.

If a group of criminals rob a bank, even the man driving the get away car is guilty. Guilt by association is legal basis for judgment in the eyes of man.

How much more in the eyes of the Kingdom of Heaven?

I fear for our nation and for our countrymen because we have given our assent to the crimes of our government for far too long.

We are ALL guilty because we have ALL supported in one way or another various crimes against humanity and God by our nation.

Pretense of innocence won't make it legal.

Remember that everything the Nazis did was legal according to their own law.

America has become so arrogant that we constantly break our own law and think nothing of it. For instance, when was the last time congress voted a declaration of war? Yet America has constantly been at war since 1950 - violating our own constitutional requirement for going to war.

At least the Nazis made a presence of obeying their own laws.
America doesn't even go that far. We don't pretend to obey our own laws any more.
Ours is a criminal government and our people guilty as accomplices in the eyes of God and man.

It is time to repent and get right with God.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-07-2018 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-07-2018, 10:33 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,167,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why do some Christians always seem to put everything into this context of making excuses to God? A person following their conscience isn't worrying about making excuses to God about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or