U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 11:33 PM

20,402 posts, read 9,828,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The hardest thing anyone will ever have to do is shoot a child that is strapped with C-4 or explosives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
A harder thing to do is ask WHY that child is wearing explosives.

The child is wearing explosives to fight against soldiers who have invaded his country without just cause.
So, tell me mister know it all from the choir loft, have you ever been in that situation? Have you ever experienced anything like that in your life? Do you know the heart of that soldier? Of course not, YOU don't know a damn thing, except how to pass out your judgments. Do you know how many American Military Personnel have lost their lives while attempting to protect the innocent? Have you, ever, been in close combat, have you ever, had to take a life to save others. Have you, ever, carried a five year old to safety with your digestive organs hanging out from a bullet that tore through your side, or with one lodged in your spine? I didn't think so! And, answer this: Why do you think, more, and more people or immigrants want to come here to live?

If you believe America is that bad, then why not relocate or move to another country? I will even help you pack.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-07-2018 at 11:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 PM

40,066 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why do some Christians always seem to put everything into this context of making excuses to God? A person following their conscience isn't worrying about making excuses to God about anything.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:21 AM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, but 'just doing ones job' or 'just following orders' is probably not going to be an acceptable excuse in Gods eyes!
Are you sure those eyes you look at are God's ?. What a way to live your life that God is watching over us suspended between love and condemnation., creepy really.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:29 PM

10,597 posts, read 2,705,869 times
Quote:
So, tell me mister know it all from the choir loft, have you ever been in that situation? Have you ever experienced anything like that in your life? Do you know the heart of that soldier? Of course not, YOU don't know a damn thing, except how to pass out your judgments. Do you know how many American Military Personnel have lost their lives while attempting to protect the innocent? Have you, ever, been in close combat, have you ever, had to take a life to save others. Have you, ever, carried a five year old to safety with your digestive organs hanging out from a bullet that tore through your side, or with one lodged in your spine? I didn't think so! And, answer this: Why do you think, more, and more people or immigrants want to come here to live?

If you believe America is that bad, then why not relocate or move to another country? I will even help you pack.
It would really depend on whether the cause for going to war was just or not. (from a religious standpoint)

I understand what you are saying about doing good things in a time of war (like saving a childs life at the risk of your own life and safety) I guess the real question is, whether or not a soldier has to determine if they are 'just' in fighting to begin with (after all, the reason Govt tells them and the public, for going to war, may not be the real reason), but that is probably another thread entirely!

Old 09-10-2018, 01:23 PM

3,139 posts, read 939,100 times
Quote:
It would really depend on whether the cause for going to war was just or not. (from a religious standpoint)

I understand what you are saying about doing good things in a time of war (like saving a childs life at the risk of your own life and safety) I guess the real question is, whether or not a soldier has to determine if they are 'just' in fighting to begin with (after all, the reason Govt tells them and the public, for going to war, may not be the real reason), but that is probably another thread entirely!
Seeing that America has never been invaded, except for the Pearl Harbor attack, the vast majority of wars we have been in were completely unjust and done for making money. Why should we have troops on the soil of every nation on the globe? Because we are a World Empire, that's why. I don't think our status as an Empire has much time left though.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
So, tell me mister know it all from the choir loft, have you ever been in that situation? Have you ever experienced anything like that in your life? Do you know the heart of that soldier? Of course not, YOU don't know a damn thing, except how to pass out your judgments. Do you know how many American Military Personnel have lost their lives while attempting to protect the innocent? Have you, ever, been in close combat, have you ever, had to take a life to save others. Have you, ever, carried a five-year-old to safety with your digestive organs hanging out from a bullet that tore through your side, or with one lodged in your spine? I didn't think so! And, answer this: Why do you think, more, and more people or immigrants want to come here to live?
Amen, my brother, the character of our actions is ALWAYS determined by the motivation in our heart, period. Killing for enjoyment or personal gain is vastly different than killing to save lives or prevent danger to others. It is our state of mind that determines the character of our acts, NOT the acts themselves.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen, my brother, the character of our actions is ALWAYS determined by the motivation in our heart, period. Killing for enjoyment or personal gain is vastly different than killing to save lives or prevent danger to others. It is our state of mind that determines the character of our acts, NOT the acts themselves.
Well said my friend. But it will always be something that you never forget.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:

I understand what you are saying about doing good things in a time of war (like saving a child's life at the risk of your own life and safety) I guess the real question is, whether or not a soldier has to determine if they are 'just' in fighting to begin with (after all, the reason Govt tells them and the public, for going to war, may not be the real reason), but that is probably another thread entirely!
There is a lot of propaganda, especially of a biased or misleading nature which is used to promote or publicize a particular cause or point of view. And, I don't believe any war is going to be 100% good, right or correct. And, it doesn't make any difference, if it is from a religious perspective or not.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Well said my friend. But it will always be something that you never forget.
Oh so true, my friend!

Old 09-11-2018, 11:17 AM

10,597 posts, read 2,705,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Seeing that America has never been invaded, except for the Pearl Harbor attack, the vast majority of wars we have been in were completely unjust and done for making money. Why should we have troops on the soil of every nation on the globe? Because we are a World Empire, that's why. I don't think our status as an Empire has much time left though.
I dont think so either, the biggest baddest kid on the playground doesnt remain that way forever....eventually someone tougher always comes along and knocks them down. What happened to the Roman Empire is a good example, when the US does fall, it will probably be VERY hard, no one will see it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or