U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 PM

21,839 posts, read 16,687,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I've read many like yourself who somehow are STUCK on what folks thousands of years ago thought and scribed about.. One would think that humankind would have evolved and LEARNED the lessons of life/experience and NOT just base life choiced thousands of years later on "OLD TESTAMENT" teaching by HUMAN"S who of their time made best writing based of their KNOWLEDGE.. Are you suggesting , Humankind hasNOT evolved and learned with advancement .. NeverMIND the Sacrificial Life of "Jesus".. who by all teaching walked this earth ( labeled by some as False Prophet or DEVIL) and gave up his life ( according to Christian teachings) to allow us lowly human beings to actually ask for forgiveness and possibly gain access to heaven or ability for our souls to move on.. Depending of course how well we've evolved ,"I'm talking souls not body!! "

By harkening back to OLD Testament and questioning my enlightened life path of spiritual education // Kind of reminds me so many preachers who still PREACH "Hell and DAMNATION" from the pulpit !!
BTW~~ That kind of preacher was missing in pretty All my lifetime.. and WHEN did hear it.. rolled eye's ( talking over half century ago) It's only preached to a very small portion who somehow get brainwashed to believe unless 100% abdication to that message ( kind of like OATH of Loyalty) THEN YOU are DOOMED!!

It's not true..and it's nothing more than FEAR Mongering to make those BOW down to their ( human leaders) word .. or Perish!! Human's unfortunately for Free World leaders can't sell that MONTRA any more!!

People who often quote bible versus and old testament/new testament passages.. OFTEN FORGET~~ ALL biblical scribes were HUMAN and certainly could only write THEIR viewpoint/recollection of THAT time. God's Word .. loosely translated by frail sinners of human form thousands of years ago~~ .. certainly NOT GOD!!

The notion to accept a translation from anyone from thousands of years ago who only related their take at teatime.. and be expected to apply it to TO DAY in literal fashion MAKES ZERO Sense ???
So, you believe that you are so enlightened that you are not to be questioned.

And your rant has nothing to do with the topic of whether God is Modal or a Triune Being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Christianism is Henotheistic in that it accepts the existence or possible existence of other deities, and some of those can be worshiped in lieu of there being ONLY one God. Which is rather ironic - as Hinduism is both monotheistic and henotheistic, never polytheistic in the sense that all gods are created equal?
Actually, the Bible flat out states that there are other deities, or rather elohim, but that they are created beings, having been created by Yahweh who is the unique Elohim. But those other elohim are not to be worshiped. Biblical monotheism is not that there is only one elohim, but that for Israel, and for the church, only Yahweh is to be worshiped.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:07 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,165 times
Well to us Satan will appear as a god.. So did all the Fallen sons of God appear as "gods" . SO WILL DEMONS APPEAR AS IF THEY ARE GODS.. to men vanatage points. . Compared to men. Are these god's ? They were immortals as adam and eve were once?
So what is a man definitions of gods?
Yes there are other gods from man point of veiw looking from the bottom of the barrel looking up.. .. There is no other god from God's point of veiw. from the top looking down at everything else...
So it depend on whose eyes you chose to see through.

besides baals were not Gods.. they were like Pharoahs and Solomon . Attalus / Atlas .. owners of property and huge trading kingdoms.. why men worship them is the same reason that gentiles treated and paid tribute to Solomon Like the queen of Shebah did.. .. the possibility that he might be the prophesied son who would overcome death for men one day.. no one knew exactly how that would happen .. but they sure didn't want to get on any of the possible candidates bad side either.. just in case they did decided to come up out of death.
so baals were worshipped as Possible Gods// most of the Pharohs were from that right clan.. .. as one day would do it.
one from the right clan and maternal line did it..
We know him as Jesus and he will flesh the bones of his grea tmen just like it says in Ezekiel ! and like the gentile nations were waiting for! and why they had temples full of their greatest mens bones. see
records by Desoto about lady Cofitachiqui( his name for her) .
Baals were possibly the promised son of God.. that is why the pharoahs were doing all that possitive thinking and why the mayans had the same exact positive thinking.. they were going to be the promised one who overcame death, but that turned out to just be in their minds. turns out positive thinking doesn't make it true..

Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 PM

20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
If all religions are based on one God then why, even in the Bible, are multiple gods referred to? Why for instance is Baal distinguished from Yahweh in the Old Testament? Many religions are polytheistic.
Quote:
Christianism is Henotheistic in that it accepts the existence or possible existence of other deities, and some of those can be worshiped in lieu of there being ONLY one God. Which is rather ironic - as Hinduism is both monotheistic and henotheistic, never polytheistic in the sense that all gods are created equal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, the Bible flat out states that there are other deities, or rather elohim, but that they are created beings, having been created by Yahweh who is the unique Elohim. But those other elohim are not to be worshiped. Biblical monotheism is not that there is only one elohim, but that for Israel, and for the church, only Yahweh is to be worshiped.
Of course, and you believe in worshiping multiple Yahweh's which is polytheistic in the sense that all are equal within your version of the Trinity.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Of course, and you believe in worshiping multiple Yahweh's which is polytheistic in the sense that all are equal within the version of the Trinity.
As I've said before, Yahweh is one Being who subsists in three 'persons' or centers of consciousness who do not have separate existence. The three 'persons' of the Godhead so mutually interpenetrate or indwell each other as to be one Being. The Trinitaritarian doctrine is one God in three persons. Three persons who are one God.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Well to us Satan will appear as a god.. So did all the Fallen sons of God appear as "gods" . SO WILL DEMONS APPEAR AS IF THEY ARE GODS.. to men vanatage points. . Compared to men. Are these god's ? They were immortals as adam and eve were once?
So what is a man definitions of gods?
Yes there are other gods from man point of veiw looking from the bottom of the barrel looking up.. .. There is no other god from God's point of veiw. from the top looking down at everything else...
So it depend on whose eyes you chose to see through.

besides baals were not Gods.. they were like Pharoahs and Solomon . Attalus / Atlas .. owners of property and huge trading kingdoms.. why men worship them is the same reason that gentiles treated and paid tribute to Solomon Like the queen of Shebah did.. .. the possibility that he might be the prophesied son who would overcome death for men one day.. no one knew exactly how that would happen .. but they sure didn't want to get on any of the possible candidates bad side either.. just in case they did decided to come up out of death.
so baals were worshipped as Possible Gods// most of the Pharohs were from that right clan.. .. as one day would do it.
one from the right clan and maternal line did it..
We know him as Jesus and he will flesh the bones of his grea tmen just like it says in Ezekiel ! and like the gentile nations were waiting for! and why they had temples full of their greatest mens bones. see
records by Desoto about lady Cofitachiqui( his name for her) .
Baals were possibly the promised son of God.. that is why the pharoahs were doing all that possitive thinking and why the mayans had the same exact positive thinking.. they were going to be the promised one who overcame death, but that turned out to just be in their minds. turns out positive thinking doesn't make it true..
Actually, n..Xuipa, Baal was a Canaanite storm god who was a co-ruler along with El who was the chief Canaanite god. Baal worship was common in ancient Israel. I Kings chapter 18 records Elijah's challenge to the prophets of Baal to a contest which they lost, losing their lives in the process.

One of Baal's titles was the 'rider of the clouds.' The Biblical writers took Baal's title and applied it to Yahweh as a polemic against Baal.

Don't get hung up on the English word 'god' or 'gods.' The Hebrew word is eohim and it is a term used for angels, demons, and even for the spirit of the dead prophet Samuel. The gods or elohim of the nations are said to be demons. Deuteronomy 32:17 refers to demons as elohim (gods).

The gods of the nations which are demons are represented by man-made idols. But while those idols are simply man-made pieces of wood or stone, the demons which are behind the idols are real entities.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 AM

20,389 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Quote:
Actually, n..Xuipa, Baal was a Canaanite storm god who was a co-ruler along with El who was the chief Canaanite god. Baal worship was common in ancient Israel. I Kings chapter 18 records Elijah's challenge to the prophets of Baal to a contest which they lost, losing their lives in the process.

One of Baal's titles was the 'rider of the clouds.' The Biblical writers took Baal's title and applied it to Yahweh as a polemic against Baal.

Don't get hung up on the English word 'god' or 'gods.' The Hebrew word is eohim and it is a term used for angels, demons, and even for the spirit of the dead prophet Samuel. The gods or elohim of the nations are said to be demons. Deuteronomy 32:17 refers to demons as elohim (gods).

The gods of the nations which are demons are represented by man-made idols. But while those idols are simply man-made pieces of wood or stone, the demons which are behind the idols are real entities.
Demonology? Satan? Baal? Moloch? The gods with many forms never seems to end.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 AM

582 posts, read 160,724 times
This was when we were discussing John 17:10 which states, 'All I have is Yours, and all You have is Mine.' This is the simple explanation of the spirit of Ama:

Who are these people? 'All whom You gave to Me. All You have is Mine. All I have is Yours.' Therefore, they are one. Is it possible that the clothes of Carmelita will be the clothes of Clarita if they are two? Isn't that correct? (Carmelita and Clarita are listeners of the spirit of Ama.)

Old 09-04-2018, 02:57 AM

435 posts, read 116,673 times
Quote:
Regarding post #10, you are arguing that the Shepherd of Hermas was written in the first century by the Hermas mentioned in Romans 16:14, and you make an appeal to Origen and other unnamed sources to back up your claim. You made the following statement.
No, that is not my argument, Mike. My post (#10 in this thread) was in quotes & quoted entirely from the Modalist page. Such are not my arguments, therefore. In fact, BTW, I am Trinitarian. I don't believe in the ridiculous Modalist viewpoint.

Last edited by ClementofA; 09-04-2018 at 03:09 AM..

Old 09-04-2018, 08:09 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,538,062 times
GINOLJC, to all.

both the Modalist viewpoint as well as the trinity are incorrect doctrine. I believe in neither one.

the bible, the word of God teach different. God is a Diversity, or the OFFSPRING of himself in flesh and Bone, his Image.

definition. "Offspring": G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

the "ROOT" is the Spirit without a body, and the "OFFSPRING" is the Spirit/diversified with a body.

as 1st. CLEMENT OF ROME said, 0:1 The Church of God which sojourneth at Rome, to the Church of God which sojourneth at Corinth, to them that are called and sanctified in the will of God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you from Almighty God through Jesus Christ".

Jesus Christ is the Manifested image of God in the Flesh. scripture, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

How is God "with" us? in a body. hence the "WITH", Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and "with" the last; I am he".

the First "WITH" the Last.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". because now he's "with" us as Matthews 1:23 states.

and this is accomplish by G243 G2087 ,allos heteros which have a difference in meaning,
Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort; heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." Christ promised to send "another Comforter" (allos, "another like Himself," not heteros), John 14:16. my source, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

the fact that God is a numerical difference of himself in flesh kills any Ideas of Modalism, Unitarianism, and Trinitarian, and also it eliminates any oneness as the PCU teaches.

PICYJAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity