U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 AM

3,671 posts, read 1,539,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When you demonstrate that there is ANY good reason to consider the question I will be happy to do so. In the meantime it is just an exercise of your ego.
first thanks for the reply, second, I did, apparently you didn't read my post, the question is clear.

the reason, to eliminate the error in many person in the Godhead. and to establish the TRUTH that God is a diversity or the equal share of himself in flesh. understand now?.

so now, your answer, is this one PERSON, the (same one) or Two separate Persons,

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

no ego involved, nor any math, just answer the question please.

Looking to hear from you.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 07:14 AM

1,078 posts, read 771,459 times
Quote:
It might if you accept this addition to the text as authoritative rather than the scribal attempt to give that authority to a particular (futile) doctrine.
Do you know what I got out of this and I really don't care what verse is considered authoritative or not...I know the bible isn't perfect...but back to what I gained from it..a human body is made up of water, blood and spirit (from above)....aren't we made in God's image? God is like a human body as well...water being the universe, word/blood (life is in the blood) and Spirit. We have 3 parts but clearly are one person..God is no different.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Do you know what I got out of this and I really don't care what verse is considered authoritative or not...I know the bible isn't perfect...but back to what I gained from it..a human body is made up of water, blood and spirit (from above)....aren't we made in God's image? God is like a human body as well...water being the universe, word/blood (life is in the blood) and Spirit. We have 3 parts but clearly are one person..God is no different.
I agree with your finding on God's BODY, which was to Come. and true his body was in the "likeness" of man which is his IMAGE" he took part in our humanity, and we're to be "PARTAKER" of his NATURE, the source of our IMAGE.

scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".

PICYJAG.

PS, the word of God is perfect, but the translators are not.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I agree with your finding on God's BODY, which was to Come. and true his body was in the "likeness" of man which is his IMAGE" he took part in our humanity, and we're to be "PARTAKER" of his NATURE, the source of our IMAGE.

scripture, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".

PICYJAG.

PS, the word of God is perfect, but the translators are not.
What is PICYJAG? Plus, I know the word is perfect...but like you said the translators are not which means what I said originally...the bible is not perfect.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:35 AM

16,289 posts, read 7,662,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first thanks for the reply, second, I did, apparently you didn't read my post, the question is clear.

the reason, to eliminate the error in many person in the Godhead. and to establish the TRUTH that God is a diversity or the equal share of himself in flesh. understand now?.

so now, your answer, is this one PERSON, the (same one) or Two separate Persons,

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

no ego involved, nor any math, just answer the question please.

Looking to hear from you.

PICYJAG.
So, basically your answer is "in order to establish that MY ego trip is better than those OTHER ego trips." Sorry, that's not a reason.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Fine, now tell me why it is important to you to understand this.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
What is PICYJAG? Plus, I know the word is perfect...but like you said the translators are not which means what I said originally...the bible is not perfect.
First, thanks for the reply, second, the word of God is not the ink and the paper one reads in a book called the bible, no, it's Spirit.

Look I'm going to be out for a few minutes, but we can pick this back up...

Old 09-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Fine, now tell me why it is important to you to understand this.
I guess it validates to me how important we are to Him. Made in His image.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I guess it validates to me how important we are to Him. Made in His image.
Interesting. And if you find out your perception is flawed, what difference will it make? I can't for the life of me think why God should care, but I feel it.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:03 AM

5,965 posts, read 1,706,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Trinitarianism or Modalism?

I was researching 2 Clement & happened upon the following article arguing that early writings such as 1 & 2 Clement, Shepherd of Hermas & the Gospel to the Egyptians support Modalism (also called Sabellianism) & that is why the RCC destroyed copies of the latter & many copies of the others.

See the entire article here & let me know what you think of it:

Introduction to the Epistles of 1 And 2 Clement | Global Impact Ministries | Home
Perhaps they were destroyed because they taught false. EVEN if they support Modalism, do you believe they override the Scriptures that teach the Trinity? If so, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity