Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:15 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Perhaps they were destroyed because they taught false. EVEN if they support Modalism, do you believe they override the Scriptures that teach the Trinity? If so, why?
The scriptures don't "teach the Trinity." If they did, the Council and Nicaea would not even have had to formulate a creed to tell Christians what they had to believe from that point forward. Christians could have just used the scriptures to understand God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 10:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Perhaps they were destroyed because they taught false. EVEN if they support Modalism, do you believe they override the Scriptures that teach the Trinity? If so, why?
It teaches, neither, one or the other.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:19 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I'm sorry? I didn't understand what you meant.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:22 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, basically your answer is "in order to establish that MY ego trip is better than those OTHER ego trips." Sorry, that's not a reason.
first thanks for the response, second, you say...

third, I can take this as you cannot answer the question?

Old 09-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What is PICYJAG?
It’s an Acronym for a valediction or complimentary close of my post. As I have, with a first time Greeting whenever I come on the site, I Greet everyone. GINOLJC.

The Acronym stand for,

Peace
In
Christ
Yeshua
Jesus
the …….. no T’s meaning, no more cross.
Almighty
God

Instead of writing out Peace in Christ Yeshua, Jesus the Almighty God, at the end of every post, it’s easy for me to write, PICYJAG.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
It’s an Acronym for a valediction or complimentary close of my post. As I have, with a first time Greeting whenever I come on the site, I Greet everyone. GINOLJC.

The Acronym stand for,

Peace
In
Christ
Yeshua
Jesus
the …….. no T’s meaning, no more cross.
Almighty
God

Instead of writing out Peace in Christ Yeshua, Jesus the Almighty God, at the end of every post, it’s easy for me to write, PICYJAG.
Used to watch Rachel Ray when she first came on the scene as a food network personality. At first, I thought she was cute, made decent stuff....but wow, it got old when she used to CONSTANTLY refer to olive oil as "EVOO".....then immediately proceed to explain that it mean "Extra Virgin Olive Oil". EVERY. Single. Time.

I always wondered why she used an acronym if she had to constantly explain what it meant.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:27 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The scriptures don't "teach the Trinity." If they did, the Council and Nicaea would not even have had to formulate a creed to tell Christians what they had to believe from that point forward. Christians could have just used the scriptures to understand God.
The council of Nicaea?

Not everybody is concerned about what the council of Nicaea said or did. The Council of Nicaea outlawed God.

You could rename the bible,'' 3.''

Everything is about 3,'' TRINITY?''

I don't know about that, I just know all the stories come down to 3, the patterns come down to 3, the people come down to 3, the land is divided by 3, and you find 3 in everything that always represents body, soul and spirit.

What about the Book of 1 John, is it correct?

1 John 5

6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

If I desire to do a bad thing, my right eye has seen it, and my right hand reaches for it, AND THEN, my left eyes sees it and slaps the right hand from doing that bad thing because of the fact that all the members of my body are at odds when I want to do something bad, something in me tells me it is bad, and there I am between two kingdoms with a decision to make, and so I make the wrong decision and I reach and take the thing and DO IT.

Whatever I have done good of bad, I wrestled with myself, and after the thing has been done, I have done so by the 3, all 3 are present within my own members, and a struggle between two kingdoms is always there, and I am always in the middle standing in Jerusalem where the 3 of us do as we please.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
this is true, the bible do not teach a trinity. many a christian, (I was included) was taught Father, Son, and holy Spirit, as separate persons. this was in ignorance.

I saw these titles there in the bible, as taught applied these titles to separate PERSONS without knowing who actually hold both titles. what a great deception . it makes sense, but knowing these title, and understanding these title was my mistake. I can't blame no one, and don't want to. my early teachers only taught what they was taught. but light came and I did not reject it.

example, Jesus the Christ was in the wilderness with Moses and the church. But the son of God was not.

see the reasoning?. how could Jesus the Christ be in the OT and not the Son of God, is he not the Son? yes, but also he's the Father.

from this, deductive reasoning in the Spirit will only reveal How Jesus was in the OT but not as the Son of God.

but the scriptures plainly states he was in the beginning, John 1:1

once one understand the "sharing" of the Spirit the Holy Spirit, all things in the bible stand true, from Genesis to Revelation.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry? I didn't understand what you meant.
The Scriptures are not teaching oneness, or the trinity:

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The Scriptures are not teaching oneness, or the trinity:

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Yes. Jesus is a man. And he's God. Scripture clearly teaches both. He has 2 natures, both God and man.

Now...IF Jesus is God, and the Spirit is God (and Scripture teaches that), and the Father is God....do you mean to suggest there are 3 God's? Logically, the only conclusion is that there is only 1 God, 3 persons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity