U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 07:41 AM

3,284 posts, read 897,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The great plan of God is within all, unfortunately many of don't discover it, many do but don't take hold of it and only a few do.That plan is to know how ourselves as he knows us. God did not leave anything to chance, he's not a gambler he's an investor and that investment reaps dividends everytime, if it takes a fundamentalist eternity to so.

Dear Pcamps: That my friend is a fact! Our God is an investor that never loses in His investment, never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The great plan of God is within all, unfortunately many of don't discover it, many do but don't take hold of it and only a few do.That plan is to know how ourselves as he knows us. God did not leave anything to chance, he's not a gambler he's an investor and that investment reaps dividends everytime, if it takes a fundamentalist eternity to so.
A fundamentalist, AKA a fundagelical, may need a long "eternity" but eventually, oh never mind.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:46 AM

15,405 posts, read 12,148,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Anyone who believes in eternal torment has already missed the mark.
I don't think that can be said enough. And yet we get labeled as being into Warm Fuzzies...
I'll take that ! That's why my Ignore List is the biggest in history ...one drop of rudeness
and you're on it.
I like warm fuzzies. Oooo, I'm so bad.

And hi, Rose2Luv

Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,175,977 times
There’s no second chances because God isnt playing some cosmic high-stakes gambling game with us where people can be won or lost. Every one of us is securely held by God as we have this experience.

Aisi

Old 09-08-2018, 11:56 AM

15,906 posts, read 8,175,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
F.L. tends to be a mite slow, actually larger than a mite! However: I was unaware that our Father has placed His great plan in a heavenly gambling parlor of chance, or a win the lottery.

There is no first chance, there is no second chance, there is no third chance, there is NO CHANCE! NONE!
Ha! That’ll teach me to post before I read other posts.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:33 PM

20,419 posts, read 9,837,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
F.L. tends to be a mite slow, actually larger than a mite! However: I was unaware that our Father has placed His great plan in a heavenly gambling parlor of chance, or a win the lottery.

There is no first chance, there is no second chance, there is no third chance, there is NO CHANCE! NONE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There’s no second chances because God isnt playing some cosmic high-stakes gambling game with us where people can be won or lost. Every one of us is securely held by God as we have this experience.

Aisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ha! That’ll teach me to post before I read other posts.
To coin a phrase ...it's worth repeating.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I don't think that can be said enough. And yet we get labeled as being into Warm Fuzzies...
I'll take that ! That's why my Ignore List is the biggest in history ...one drop of rudeness
and you're on it.
I like warm fuzzies. Oooo, I'm so bad.

And hi, Rose2Luv
Dear Miss Hepburn: My dear lady hi to you as well.

I have been posting on numerous sites for many moons now. I have met every degree of rascal one can imagine. I have managed to put only one on ignore officially. The rest of the rascal class I spend no time observing.

On the positive side: On a financial site, I met on line a woman (who my partner in crime & I) met in person later. On that site, I posted of "the Man from the glory" along with hot tips for stocks. One day this woman finally asked me who was the Man from the glory? I disclosed who the "Man" was to receive this response>>>

"I should have known. I grew up in the shadow of the Himalayan Mountains"...

Yes, sweet lady, Ruby is Sikh, and a member of the Golden Temple. Never have I met an individual with such humility of spirit!

Do you want to know what this precious one does?

She is a research doctor with 14 doctors under her leadership attempting to develop anti- cancer vaccines. God bless you Ruby! And may God continue to bless you dear lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tePHyfIR3KM

Old 09-09-2018, 01:07 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,921,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Truth be told, if we were given a 2nd chance, we'd screw that up, too.

Jesus died on the cross to save anyone that trusts in him.
and how is that "trust" demonstrated or defined? Is it shown via works, (Romans 11:6---
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.)

Or is it via FAITH (James 2:15----So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.)

Or is it via god's mercy? ( Matthew 9:13---But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.)

Seems it is not what MORTALS do, say they believe, but it is all dependent on god's mercy...

Old 09-09-2018, 01:17 PM

1,611 posts, read 690,721 times
The salvation narrative needs to be thrown in outer darkness, IMO. No problem with Jesus being a minister of a better way, and enabling revelation / new birth, but a theology that requires him to bridge or negotiate some sin gap on our behalf is superstitious nonsense. No-one in their right mind buys a penal substitution narrative. The Father's arms were and are always open, and thank you Jesus for revealing that - we only have to come to our senses.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:39 PM

63,082 posts, read 34,359,223 times
Interesting opinions.....

Here is what the Bible says about the matter.

Hebrews 9:27 New International Version (NIV)- Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or