U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:33 AM

5,140 posts, read 2,531,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ok, You are doing the Fatherís will then....... What is it?.
pcamps, I am surprised that you ask what is the Father's will.
Sure it is that all people be saved, (Jesus died for all), but Not all people will end up accepting Jesus.
Isn't that why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers "MANY" and does Not say everyone _______
What does Jesus say to those of Matthew 7:21-23 that would prove all are saved ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:35 AM

32,225 posts, read 21,107,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Sure it is that all people be saved, (Jesus died for all), but Not all people will end up accepting Jesus.
Isn't that why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers "MANY" and does Not say everyone _______
What does Jesus say to those of Matthew 7:21-23 that would prove all are saved ?
Read his post again He said “those that DO the Father’s will”. I asking what his the doing. Do you have answer?.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Sorry; no such thing as eternity, or time. Everything is NOW, and that's it. Bargaining with the (so called) future is the essence of fear and torment. Grace is now.
Yipes, what is the bargaining with Revelation 22:2 that there will be healing for earth's nations ?
What is the fear or torture about healing for earth's nations ?
What is the fear that in the future mankind will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life " on Earth - Rev. 22:2.
What is the fear or torment or torture about the Earth becoming a beautiful paradisical Earth as per Isaiah 35th chapter ?
Was everything ' now ' in Jesus' day, or did Jesus teach about looking forward to a happy-and-healthy future for the humble meek people who will inherit the earth ________
True, ' now ' we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessings and benefits of Rev. 22:2 when there will be (future) healing for earth's nations.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Read his post again He said “those that DO the Father’s will”. I asking what his the doing. Do you have answer?.
I believe what Jesus taught to do and did was the doing of his Father's will or purpose for us.
I believe to live by Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, God's Golden Rule, is the doing of the Father's will.
I believe also that Jesus' NEW commandment of John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has is the doing of the Father's will.
Jesus sacrificed Not only his life for others, but sacrificed his time to tell others about his God and the good news about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 being the solution to mankind's problems.
- Luke 4:43

Old 09-11-2018, 09:59 AM

3,275 posts, read 894,712 times
Quote:
Dear Matthew: Are you just slow or are you practicing?

One question for you

In the following Scripture the exact word "many" is used. With your present state of understanding please enlighten us.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

The koine in this equation is polus. How many are sinners?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:07 AM

20,402 posts, read 9,828,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

One question for you

In the following Scripture the exact word "many" is used. With your present state of understanding please enlighten us.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

He must not believe these sinners will be made righteous?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:09 AM

1,259 posts, read 296,356 times
Quote:
Save everyone who is not classed with the wicked who are 'destroyed forever' as per Psalm 92:7.
Saved will be the figurative humble sheep-like people at the coming time of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40
The figurative goat-type people are destroyed and will have No resurrection back to life anywhere.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth as per Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16 is against those who will Not inherit everlasting life either in Heaven or on Earth.

Now if you understand that I'm a universalist then you will see that nothing you have stated is in contradiction. First let's take Psalm 92:7

I believe all the wicked shall be destroyed forever also. BUT I understand that this is not talking about the flesh and blood since God doesn't war against flesh and blood:

Eph_6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So I see that the wickedness that will be destroyed is the evil spirit in everyone.

Regarding the sheep and the goats. I think we both understand that these verses begin to get into the Judgement that comes when Christ returns. However, notice that both animals mentioned here are considered CLEAN animals. Another thing to note that just because some go into Judgement doesn't mean that they are condemned. BEFORE all this happens and indeed is happening right now is Judgement is taking place CURRENTLY upon the Church.

1Pe_4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Let's look at Revelation:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

What is the Sharp Sword? - That is the Word of God:

Eph_6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

And what is the Word of God?:

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

You see God is going to give those that had not yet had been presented with the Word of God to finally receive it.

And yes, their OLD MAN (wickedness) will be slain as a result but they will live. Death and only be destroyed by Life. There is no other evidence in the Bible in which death is destroyed by any other means.

But consider more closely what you provided. Did you notice that those in Revelation 19 are also those that are experiencing the second death. In other words those getting slain are also those being put through the lake of fire.

So in other words, those that are receiving the Word of God (Sword of the Spirit) that slays the evil spirit (remember we wrestle not against flesh and blood). are going to receive Eternal Life.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:14 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

One question for you

and not all were made sinners.. only sinners sin.. but many will be made righteous by his sacrifice..!

Rom 2:13

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Rom 2:14

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Rom 2:15

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Rom 2:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

as in here, these are righteous gentiles without the law of moses .

many not all.

are these sinners? NO they are justified as Abraham was justified .. they are not sinners .
but no one will enter God's kingdom without acknowledging Jesus kingship and his deeds over sin and death and hell .. and his right to judge and thus RULE them accordingly as the last verse says.

so your verse is right and Not everyone became sinners but many did become sinners ..and no one who does not bow their knee to his kingship and his right to judge and reward them will enter into the only eternal kingdom that is being offered.
and many but not all will be MADE to Become righteous/ doers of the law/ written on their hearts .. Not hypocrites to their own conscience or Moses law !
justification and righteousness are different .
but not all will do either !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-11-2018 at 10:40 AM..

Old 09-11-2018, 10:18 AM

3,275 posts, read 894,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He must not believe these sinners will be made righteous?
Dear Jerwade: Do not confuse Matthew with such a wonderful understanding! The "many" are equal on both sides. Oh me oh my, what inescapable little corners we allow ourselves to be entombed.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:43 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,220,642 times
many is indefinite..
it does not have to be a equal amount..

there is such thing as free will.
it can be 3 or more on one side and millions on the other .
what it is means is it is NOT "all."
many is not "all".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or