U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM

63,185 posts, read 34,417,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
We always knew that.
I dont know who "we" is, but if you read the comments it is clear some people argued only "fundamentalist" Christians think so, but its good to see them walk back those comments.

Quote:
SOME of us understand what MAKES them "sin" and some of us are still thinking it's because they are on their imaginary "list." And THOSE benighted souls refuse to answer questions as to WHY things on their "list" SHOULD be considered "sin."
You'll have to answer that yourself, since you are the only one talking about a "list".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 06:31 PM

4,267 posts, read 1,635,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We are not at the end of time, humanity still has much too learn.

Please, push yourself away from that table.

The worlds weather is wreaking havoc all over, getting worse at an alarming rate they are saying now, July alone-worldwide 5 degrees above avg. 9 storms at once in the oceans that can all be major players as we speak. Prices soaring and will get worse quickly. Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:18 PM

16,293 posts, read 7,677,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I dont know who "we" is, but if you read the comments it is clear some people argued only "fundamentalist" Christians think so, but its good to see them walk back those comments.

You'll have to answer that yourself, since you are the only one talking about a "list".
No, Finn, everyone who argues against fundamentalist perceptions is arguing that they THINK things are "sin" that are not. Granted that some people see "sin" as an awkward term but know that there is such a thing as right and wrong.

As for the "list." Why do YOU think homosexual activity is "sin," Finn?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:32 PM

20,440 posts, read 9,856,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Between 1Corinthians 6:9-11, and Galations 5:19-21 combined with all the false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99%--The reason Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day. He taught only few would find the road. Few listen to him that is why.
Quote:
We are not at the end of time, humanity still has much too learn.

Please, push yourself away from that table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The worlds weather is wreaking havoc all over, getting worse at an alarming rate they are saying now, July alone-worldwide 5 degrees above avg. 9 storms at once in the oceans that can all be major players as we speak. Prices soaring and will get worse quickly. Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope.
On average an economical system only lasts for about three hundred years, give or take.
So, are you timid, fearful and paranoid? And are you looking for another monetary system?

Old 09-14-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
No, Finn, everyone who argues against fundamentalist perceptions is arguing that they THINK things are "sin" that are not. Granted that some people see "sin" as an awkward term but know that there is such a thing as right and wrong.

As for the "list." Why do YOU think homosexual activity is "sin," Finn?
The OP topic: "The fact that God regards certain human behaviors and attitudes as sinful is a core truth of Christianity."

I know you love to talk about homosexual activity etc, but why does every thread have to be about it?

What is sin? Is is a rebellion against God's will.

1 John 3:4 "Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness."

We sin because we are sinful, it is in our inherited nature (Rom 5 12). We are born that way, which is why the Bible teaches those who do not believe are condemned already. John 3 18: "whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of Godís one and only Son".

You don't need a list to figure out you are a sinner. You are a sinner. Period. Everyone is a sinner, the only issue is whether or not Christ will hold your sins against you. See John 3 16.

This sin nature causes us to commit personal sins, which is what you are focused on, and they range from hostile attitudes to murder.

Your problem is that you reject the existence of the illness, and focus on only on the symptoms. Cure the illness, and the symptoms go away

Old 09-14-2018, 05:00 AM

4,267 posts, read 1,635,228 times
Quote:
On average an economical system only lasts for about three hundred years, give or take.
So, are you timid, fearful and paranoid? And are you looking for another monetary system?

My only hope is in Gods kingdom, not the things of mortals.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 AM

Well, Finn, that's an interesting spate of words to avoid answering the question. I particularly enjoyed, "Your problem is that you reject the existence of the illness, and focus on only on the symptoms. Cure the illness, and the symptoms go away."

No, Finn, I don't "reject the illness" and little things like saying that we know "that there is a right and wrong" should help you understand that I do. Granted that I see it in terms of a conflict in human nature between selfish desires and the good of the community but I DO still recognize that we all mess up and need to be forgiven. The REAL difference is in what we each perceive to be "a rebellion against God's will." You see "God's will" as the specific prohibitions you read in the Bible (although some of them have changed) and I see it as a violation of the principle Jesus revealed as the foundation for the Community of God.

The question on homosexuality is just the only issue that illustrates the difference since you refuse to recognize that slavery being wrong is a new realization of the truth of God's love. (i.e. it is not specifically said to be wrong in the Bible and took nearly 2,000 years to realize and incorporate into Christian consciousness)

Old 09-14-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
We sin because we are sinful, it is in our inherited nature (Rom 5 12). We are born that way, which is why the Bible teaches those who do not believe are condemned already. John 3 18: "whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of Godís one and only Son".

You don't need a list to figure out you are a sinner. You are a sinner. Period. Everyone is a sinner, the only issue is whether or not Christ will hold your sins against you. See John 3 16.
Quote:
No, Finn, I don't "reject the illness" and little things like saying that we know "that there is a right and wrong" should help you understand that I do.
So, you agree we sin because of our inherited sin nature?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
You can put it that way.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:10 AM

32,302 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Quote:
Not at all, the life we believe in outside of the Father is an illusion, and when you live by something outside of the Father, even if it's an illusion, there's a tendency for us all to habitually miss the mark(fall short of the glory).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity