U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 07:02 AM

27,992 posts, read 15,074,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Christianity follows the core teachings they learned from Paul and the disciples none of whom actually did what Jesus commanded.

When Jesus said to continue in His word and be sent as He was sent He meant to continue the teaching of God, the words of God. Not only His but all the prophets.

Do this and you will be the light of the world just as Jesus said His followers would be.

I know people blow me off as a quack because how could Christianity be wrong. Jesus wouldn't allow it. Yeah well how could Israel be wrong. God wouldn't allow it?

God did it. By taking salvation from rebel Israel and giving the truth over to the gentiles, sinners who He could not allow to know it's meaning. Thus the different denominations.

It's time to follow the son, the prophets and use God's word however you can. Spread it, pray it, speak, it however you can. It is life. There is no life without it, at least to God.

Do you want to be dead to God?

I am the bread of life. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me and I in him.

If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple.

If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

If the Son frees you you shall truly be free.

Be free, be me.
So you are stating that G-d changed His Mind about the Jews being a light unto the world and is now using the Christians to be a light unto the world?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 AM

954 posts, read 146,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So you are stating that G-d changed His Mind about the Jews being a light unto the world and is now using the Christians to be a light unto the world?...
He took it from rebel Israel and the Jews gave it to sinners that is why Jesus said that the heavens and earth would pass away but His words would not. Because His words are being abused in hell with the sinners.

He also said the son of man was being handed over to sinners. Most think it was about being handed over to Pilot. But it wasn't.

Jesus knew the disciples would fail.

But the Spirit of truth is the new son of man.

"The son of man is Lord of the Sabbath. "

Old 09-09-2018, 10:51 AM

27,992 posts, read 15,074,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
He took it from rebel Israel and the Jews gave it to sinners that is why Jesus said that the heavens and earth would pass away but His words would not. Because His words are being abused in hell with the sinners.
Ok, he took it from Israel, is there any mention of Him taking it away from Judah also?...

And he said nothing about “his” words not passing away, but about the Law not passing away...Geez, are you that dishonest that you would change the words there?...

Quote:
He also said the son of man was being handed over to sinners. Most think it was about being handed over to Pilot. But it wasn't.
He who?...Where is this prophecy?...

Quote:
Well, if they failed then your Christian scriptures are a direct result of that failure and therefore not reliable...

Quote:
What spirit of truth?...

Quote:

I don’t see this anywhere in the Torah and just because someone comes around later and proclaims it doesn’t make it so...

Old 09-09-2018, 11:02 AM

987 posts, read 357,572 times
Quote:
Spiritual Treason

Its called REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY and has been adopted in error by many Christians. At its most basic and abhorrent state it is anti-semitic in nature.

Christians like to think they are hashem's (*) gift to the world and that Jews have been reduced to some sort of spiritual vagrant.

In point of fact, Christendom has betrayed the gospel of Yeshuah ha-mashiach (Jesus Christ) in favor of what is generally know as POST MODERNISM.

The basic definition of this new rebellion against Biblical truth is that it consists of subjective thinking - opinion without basis in hard admitted fact, or overt denial of fact. In other words, the message of the Post Modern gospel is "if it feels good, do it." Behavior is not judged either sinful or righteous according to this demonic attitude. The true motivation of subjective theology is to put paying customers in church seats on Sunday morning and to hell with moral definitions of right and wrong - and Jews too.

Christ was betrayed by Judas for thirty pieces of silver and the church betrays Him for twenty bucks in the offering basket on Sunday morning.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy don't believe in anything except their well-being and office". - Adolph Hitler

Most large churches, especially noted mega-churches, do NOT want anyone with formal religious education in the ranks of leadership. They prefer to staff their administrative positions with mindless droids rather than trained intellectuals. Neither do they want the general public to become aware of the horizontal entertainments they enjoy with one another.

The Remnant

Paul writes, “Even if the number of people in Israel is as large as the grains of sand by the sea, only a remnant will be saved.

Approximately 30,000 Jews lived in Jerusalem in Yeshua’s time. During peak festivals the population could swell to as many as 80,000.

A self-satisfied smile will often creep over the faces of Christians when they read Paul’s words in Romans. The ghosts of replacement theology may influence the consideration that perhaps few Jews will be saved because they don’t deserve to be saved. They aren’t Christians, you see.

Consider that Paul also wrote in Romans 1:16 that, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”

‘to the Jew first and then to the Greek’

How many times is that phrase repeated in the New Covenant?

To the Jew first and then to the Greek.

This spiritual principle is a two way street.

It applies to the church as well as to the Jew.

If only a remnant of - say 80,000 Jews - may be saved…..

How many true Christians will be a remnant out of an apostate population of 2.18 billion Christians living today?

How few Christians really and truly follow Yeshuah? Few Christians will be saved. Church membership isn't a get-out-of-hell-free situation. Membership cards are not fire proof.

NOW

Is the reader one of these few?

The time to repent of sin and wicked fantasies is NOW.

Judgment is coming and it is coming sooner than many of us realize or understand.

Sin is going to stop, one way or the other. Either men and women will repent and cease, or sinners will be destroyed by the Second Death.

The time to make peace with God is NOW.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) hashem - is a Jewish reference to "the Name of G-d". The Name of the Master of the Universe is holy and ought not be used casually. As such many Jews refer to the Most High by the indirect reference Name of G-d, or hashem.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 09-09-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 09-09-2018, 03:30 PM

954 posts, read 146,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you

Ok, he took it from Israel, is there any mention of Him taking it away from Judah also?...

Richard1965
Quote:
And he said nothing about “his” words not passing away, but about the Law not passing away...Geez, are you that dishonest that you would change the words there?...
Yes He did.

Matthew 24:35 NRS

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you:

Richard1965
Quote:
He who?...Where is this prophecy?...
Jesus.

Matthew 26:45
"Then he came back to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping?. The time is near for the Son of Man to be handed over to sinners".

Quote:Originally Posted by Free4you:

Richard1965
Quote:
Well, if they failed then your Christian scriptures are a direct result of that failure and therefore not reliable...
The Gospels are good the rest not scripture.

Richard1965
Quote:
What spirit of truth?...
The new advocate.

John 16:7
it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer; 11 about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. 12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Richard1965
Quote:
I don’t see this anywhere in the Torah and just because someone comes around later and proclaims it doesn’t make it so...
Well you wont, Jesus said it.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 PM

16,293 posts, read 7,667,149 times
Quote:

There is a difference between posting in "Spirituality" and in "Christianity."

Old 09-10-2018, 01:03 PM

4,261 posts, read 1,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you explain the Old testament God then? Some of the crazy laws God demanded of his people?

God became like a first time parent when he created beings. He learned along the way. Proving he is not omniescent-- He made many laws in the ot, then discovered man couldn't live by them all. So God made a new covenant with man= LOVE.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:11 PM

4,575 posts, read 901,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe Jesus was harsh with those who were fundamentally religious with all of their dogma that held people in bondage.
Ironic that there are Christians that act this way yet Jesus may have been harsh against such fundamentalists alive during his time. Then again, a lot of so-called Christians do act in a manner that is opposite of what Jesus would do.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:18 PM

3,139 posts, read 941,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God became like a first time parent when he created beings. He learned along the way. Proving he is not omniescent-- He made many laws in the ot, then discovered man couldn't live by them all. So God made a new covenant with man= LOVE.

This is an outrageous statement blaming God for making mistakes rather than blaming men for writing down things that they thought God said that were not true. I don't know how you can believe such a thing.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:21 PM

3,675 posts, read 1,141,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post

Just Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity