U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2018, 02:24 AM
 
Location: Panama City, FL
2,569 posts, read 725,377 times
Reputation: 740

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What do you find crazy about the 19th chapter of Leviticus
I don't know what is in the 19th chapter of Leviticus because I have vowed to never again read certain books of the Old Testament that have nothing to do with today. There are a lot of crazy things in the OT - period. It is not fruitful to mix the Old Covenant with the New. That alone is responsible for a large portion of the confusion in Christian's minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2018, 05:38 AM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Your teachers were not appointed, so you must follow a Satan ruled system of belief.

10 year olds can see my teachers are the ones. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers all the way and expose most of the rest as false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 AM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Letís follow your line of argument , What was not working ?

That mortals with built in sin could not follow the written laws perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 05:41 AM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense.

Matthew 24:45 says you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 07:58 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,138 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
That mortals with built in sin could not follow the written laws perfectly.
Then it is God's fault then if he created us that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In the first paragraph, insert the word "fundamentalist" before the word "Christianity". From there perhaps a conversation could ensue, because otherwise, the information in the paragraph is false.
You disagree with this?

Quote:
The fact that God regards certain human behaviors and attitudes as sinful is a core truth of Christianity. The fact that human nature is constitutionally inclined toward sin and all humans are estranged from God by sin is a core truth of Christianity. The fact that humans must repent of their sin in order to receive salvation is a core truth of Christianity. The fact that those who don’t repent will be judged and condemned is a core truth of Christianity.
They are core truths of Christianity. That is a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion. Anyone can call themselves anything they want, but if you reject the core beliefs of Christianity, then why would you still want to be called one? I could call myself a Muslim, and spend my days rejecting everything they believe. Make sense? Not to me.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-12-2018 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You disagree with this?



They are core truths of Christianity. That is a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion. Anyone can call themselves anything they want, but if you reject the core beliefs of Christianity, then why would you still want to be called one? I could call myself a Muslim, and spend my days rejecting everything they believe. Make sense? Not to me.

Truth + Christianity = Does not compute


Your "core truths" are speculations by primitive, anonymous, barbaric men, adopted by other primitive, barbaric men and held today by stubbornly-primitive, barbaric men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your "core truths" are speculations by primitive, anonymous, barbaric men, adopted by other primitive, barbaric men and held today by stubbornly-primitive, barbaric men.
You can always start your own religion and expect people to take your opinions for truth.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can always start your own religion and expect people to take your opinions for truth.

Good luck.

No thanks. My mission is to correct and rebuke you fundies. That's a near full-time job as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2018, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No thanks. My mission is to correct and rebuke you fundies. That's a near full-time job as it is.
I see. So far I have seen no correction, only meaningless claims.

Let's start with this:

"God regards certain human behaviors and attitudes as sinful"

Please explain how it is wrong, and provide the "correct" version for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top