Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 04:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Golgi1, just as there are jingoist Americans there are jingoist Israelis, but presenting such views which are condemned by prominent Jewish organizations as if they represented substantial views of the Jews as a whole tends to incite racism that is reasonably suspected to be present in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 04:25 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The wise virgins will be taken at Jesus' second appearance (Rapture of the Bride), but the foolish virgins will be left behind on earth. Don't get thrust into the 7-year tribulation period because you were a foolish virgin.

Matthew 25

[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

I asked him the other days about for sure who would be in the sukkah's
He showed me one bride and 12 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen from the 7 churches..
no unsaved
tribes of "Israel " it appears the will not be in there with their special covenant. so we know they will be hidden in there someplace.. so they must all be hidden in the churches at the start. Along with the 144000 youths ! all names hidden in that little book in REV 10.

I also thought it strange with the 12 instead of 10 bridesmaids..

I know where the 12 are 7 lampstands /churches - one mother clan ( Philadelphia+ Aleshir-Lysia ) and 7 stars - Alicione( (AE)lishah/ Lycia, it's same clan as the church's mother clan) the mother of the 7 stars is the same mother .. so that is 6 churches and 6 clans that are the bride's maidens for their mother clans/churches .
which seems is the counterpart to 12 tribes of Israel plus the father clan Judah or maybe Levi depending on if it is civil or religious meeting, thus there are also two ( kings and priests )"The fathers" clans there too...

but what was most interesting in his answer was that actually there was 11 bridesmaids and at least one bridesmaid hadn't made it to the party at all.. so at least 12 ( stars/clan, lampstands/ churches ) and one bride. the allegorical picture of it was amazing when I started to ponder it ( it was like the 12 disciples - Judas)
so it sure made me wonder if that would be for sure one church or church age that just wasn't going to make it at all least at the beginning at the start of the setting down of Sukkot.
one church seems was a complete no-show at the start maybe.
you know the clans/stars will be there! because they were established like 4 thousand years ago .. not 2000 years ago like the churches . so we know some will be there people from each the 7stars( Pleiades ) world wide ..
but maybe at least one of the churches is nearly a complete loss at least at the start and that concept of a missing church is sort of confirmed in the letter to the Laodiceans REV 3 .
so it looks like maybe he really did remove their lampstand . so like ouch!! maybe Because why put up a sukkot/ a covered firey tent for them, when not many are going to be in it anyway , that the few saved would be mixed into other churches Tents/ Sukkots !
it is was at least an interesting answer to my question !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-09-2018 at 05:04 PM..

Old 09-09-2018, 04:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Golgi1, just as there are jingoist Americans there are jingoist Israelis, but presenting such views which are condemned by prominent Jewish organizations as if they represented substantial views of the Jews as a whole tends to incite racism that is reasonably suspected to be present in your post.
Racism?

Sorry, I reject the "pointing out reality, according to what people have said an using only what they have said, is racism" tactic.

People cannot do whatever they wish, no matter how bad that is, and simply counter with "that's racist" to any criticism. We're past that trick at this point.

I wasn't quoting anyone else but Jews. Both in casual conversation on the internet, and from a top leader.

We can start at the 'incumbent laws on gentiles' detailed by even common Jews, inclusive of a death penalty on non-Jews.

So much for "we never had any intent to bother anyone", wouldn't you say? Which other religions demand that non-believers and all others follow their laws?

If you want to do no work on Saturday, to include not carry anything in your pocket, do you not believe that you should be allowed that simple preference? Not according to them. Death is your penalty for that transgression, no matter who you are.

You cannot refute that reality, as detailed by them.

What do people call others who force their laws on them?

Then, we get to Ovadia Yosef.

Ovadia Yosef is no ordinary Jew. Ovadia Yosef was regarded as "the most important living Halachic Authority" by a large portion of Jews.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovadia_Yosef

Ovadia Yosef was an Iraqi-born Talmudic scholar, a posek, the Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel from 1973 to 1983, and the founder and long-time spiritual leader of Israel's ultra-Orthodox Shas party. Yosef's responsa were highly regarded within Haredi circles, particularly among Mizrahi communities, among whom he was regarded as "the most important living halakhic authority"
Yosef's Funeral was the largest in Israel's history!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mourners.html

Yosef is popular to the point that his words are gospel (to use a Christian term) for Orthodox Jewry.

Simply put, "prominent Jewish oprganizations", many of whom exist for PR purposes, simply don't have the Halachic authority, in any way shape or form, to refute Yosef. No matter what they say for damage control.

So, you are covering. Which is bad.

This goes beyond "jingoism,". Jingoism is a given. Any Jew who support Israel, as a concept, is by definition jingoist. No matter how they choose to soft peddle it. There is no meaningful difference between that ethnic homeland concept and any other.

Also know that, in the Jewish Messianic period, all gentiles are to be ejected from Israel. Only Jews will live in Israel. This is their doctrine. Does it sound familiar? Who else was a party to such a doctrine?

This endpoint, as I prior detailed, is the central thesis of Judaism friend. This is beyond some type of fringe jingoism, as you detail. If you believe in Judaism, you necessarily accept that its core doctrine is to bring about a messianic time in which all Jews will rest and all gentiles will not cease to work.

That's the reality of the situation. You can try to cover by making dishonest accusations that are meant to distract from the issue, but you will only be doing the work of people with a religion that is explicitly focused (according to their own explicit doctrines, not what I say) on bringing about a master-slave relationship between it and the rest of the world.

What you choose to be a party to is the burden that your soul must bear.

Last edited by golgi1; 09-09-2018 at 04:52 PM..

Old 09-10-2018, 11:52 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
It's a parable. Stop being ridiculous, as usual.
No, you are being seriously ridiculous in advising people they can buy the Holy spirit. The oil IS NOT the Holy spirit, neither is the refined gold the Holy spirit and we have to also purchase it.

You want your understanding to work when you can't even admit that we can't buy the Holy spirit, then you say I am ridiculous. How exactly are you going to explain to a person how to obtain an extra vessel, and where they are going to purchase oil? You are not, because you simply do not know, and neither could you know unless you know what all the words in a parable mean.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:23 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, you are being seriously ridiculous in advising people they can buy the Holy spirit. The oil IS NOT the Holy spirit, neither is the refined gold the Holy spirit and we have to also purchase it.

You want your understanding to work when you can't even admit that we can't buy the Holy spirit, then you say I am ridiculous. How exactly are you going to explain to a person how to obtain an extra vessel, and where they are going to purchase oil? You are not, because you simply do not know, and neither could you know unless you know what all the words in a parable mean.
I'm not alone.

"There are many passages that convey and support the understanding that oil is used biblically as a symbol for the Holy Spirit.

For instance, we read in Mark 6:13 that Christ had His disciples anoint sick people with oil, and they were healed. We know that Christ healed the sick with the power of the Holy Spirit (Luke 8:43-46 — the Authorized Version has here, “virtue,” but the literal meaning is, “power,” compare New King James Bible. Compare, too, Mark 5:30; Luke 6:19).

Christ gave His disciples the same ability to heal sick people by the power of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:18), which presence is symbolized by the anointing of the sick person with oil (James 5:14).

Another example for this symbolism is found in the famous parable with the 10 virgins (Matthew 25:3, 4, 8). They all fell asleep, and the oil of the five foolish virgins was going out — that is, they were loosing more and more of the power of the Holy Spirit within them.

1 John 2:27 speaks of our anointing abiding in us. This is a clear reference to the Holy Spirit that had been promised by Jesus Christ (John 14:16; 16:13). In 2 Timothy 1:6, Paul admonishes Timothy to “stir up” — or to “re-kindle” — the gift of God, referring here to the Holy Spirit.

We also read that the Holy Spirit rested upon Christ (Isaiah 11:2). At the same time, we read that the Father anointed Christ with the “oil of gladness, more than” His “companions” (Hebrews 1:9) — as Christ had received the Holy Spirit not by measure (John 3:34, Authorized Version).

In addition, Samuel anointed Saul with oil (1 Samuel 10:1), and Saul received the Holy Spirit (verses 6-9). Later, Samuel anointed David with oil, and at that moment, David received the Holy Spirit (1 Samuel 16:13). In Psalm 89:20, it is emphasized that God had found His servant David, whom He anointed with His holy oil. (Compare also Psalm 23:5). As God’s servant, David would have obeyed God before his anointing to an extent. We are reminded of Acts 5:32, telling us that God gives His Holy Spirit only to those who are already obeying Him to a degree."

Are there any scriptures that show the Holy Spirit is symbolized with oil? | Church of the Eternal God

Old 09-14-2018, 04:41 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,215,512 times
I guess the bigger question now is when will the Rapture take place and the man of lawlessness be revealed.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:01 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I guess the bigger question now is when will the Rapture take place and the man of lawlessness be revealed.
The son of perdition is within you, and there is no such thing as a rapture.

The man of lawlessness is within everyone who sins, '' Behold, LOL, He is THE LAWLESS ONE.''

Old 09-15-2018, 05:51 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The son of perdition is within you, and there is no such thing as a rapture.

The man of lawlessness is within everyone who sins, '' Behold, LOL, He is THE LAWLESS ONE.''
You mean he’s the Christian???......I mean since Jesus/Paul supposedly abolished the Torah [Law] for Christians then they are without the Law or rather LAWless...With that, he’s been revealed for the last 2000 years...

Old 09-15-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I'm not alone.

"There are many passages that convey and support the understanding that oil is used biblically as a symbol for the Holy Spirit.

For instance, we read in Mark 6:13 that Christ had His disciples anoint sick people with oil, and they were healed. We know that Christ healed the sick with the power of the Holy Spirit (Luke 8:43-46 — the Authorized Version has here, “virtue,” but the literal meaning is, “power,” compare New King James Bible. Compare, too, Mark 5:30; Luke 6:19).

Christ gave His disciples the same ability to heal sick people by the power of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:18), which presence is symbolized by the anointing of the sick person with oil (James 5:14).

Another example for this symbolism is found in the famous parable with the 10 virgins (Matthew 25:3, 4, 8). They all fell asleep, and the oil of the five foolish virgins was going out — that is, they were loosing more and more of the power of the Holy Spirit within them.

1 John 2:27 speaks of our anointing abiding in us. This is a clear reference to the Holy Spirit that had been promised by Jesus Christ (John 14:16; 16:13). In 2 Timothy 1:6, Paul admonishes Timothy to “stir up” — or to “re-kindle” — the gift of God, referring here to the Holy Spirit.

We also read that the Holy Spirit rested upon Christ (Isaiah 11:2). At the same time, we read that the Father anointed Christ with the “oil of gladness, more than” His “companions” (Hebrews 1:9) — as Christ had received the Holy Spirit not by measure (John 3:34, Authorized Version).

In addition, Samuel anointed Saul with oil (1 Samuel 10:1), and Saul received the Holy Spirit (verses 6-9). Later, Samuel anointed David with oil, and at that moment, David received the Holy Spirit (1 Samuel 16:13). In Psalm 89:20, it is emphasized that God had found His servant David, whom He anointed with His holy oil. (Compare also Psalm 23:5). As God’s servant, David would have obeyed God before his anointing to an extent. We are reminded of Acts 5:32, telling us that God gives His Holy Spirit only to those who are already obeying Him to a degree."

Are there any scriptures that show the Holy Spirit is symbolized with oil? | Church of the Eternal God

Shmuel I - I Samuel - Chapter 16

13 And Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And a spirit of the Lord passed over David from that day forth, and Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

Is doesn’t say that David RECIEVED the Spirit of the Lord...And you do know that all the kings of Israel get anointed with oil as do the Priests of G-d, and this is what Mashiach means, anointed [one], so, all those in the Tanakh that were anointed with oil are called Mashiach [or as you say, Messiah]...

Old 09-15-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the 70th week is Jesus crucified on the cross put an end to the sacrificial system
Historicism.com

The word "sevens" or "weeks" literally means "sabbaths", the way of counting days by sevens. Looking to history, we discover that the actual time period from both the decrees (that are most commonly suggested as the decree mentioned in verse 25), 69 weeks, or 483 days, was fulfilled in real years. The first was from the decree to Ezra in 458 BC (Ezra 7:11ff) and was fulfilled in 486.5 of our solar years until Jesus' crucifixion in 29-30 AD. Verse 26 adds that after the 69th consecutive "week", i.e., sometime after 483 years, the one who is anointed (verse 24, "Messiah") would be killed. The second decree was from the decree to Nehemiah in 444 BC (Neh 2:4-9) and was also fulfilled at the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus in lunar years: the middle of the seventieth week would be 486.5 years, which, dating from from 444 BC, comes to 29 AD, the year of Jesus' crucifixion. Then we are told that His people would be responsible for destroying the city and the temple (literally the city and the "holy"). The whole period after Messiah's death would be filled with an increasing "flood" of destruction (desolations) until the city's ultimate destruction in A.D. 70.

Verse 25 expands on the introduction in verse 24, and verse 27 functions as an explanation of the desolations in verse 26. It tells us why the city would be destroyed; in what way the people of Jerusalem were responsible for its destruction. It also gives a more precise time frame. First, in this specific week (literally in Hebrew it reads, [Dan 9:27 direct translation] "...and he will strengthen a covenant with the many one week…") Messiah will "strengthen" or "make strong" a covenant with "the many", i.e., the nations and not just the Jews. Then, in the middle of the week Messiah would cause the system of sacrifices and offerings to end-He did this by the permanent, once-and-for-all sacrifice of His death (Hebrews 10:8-12). Hebrews 10:9 even says that He takes away the first system to establish the permanent sacrifice. This means that the apostles understood this fulfillment. The last important idea in verse 27 is that on the "skirts" or "wings" of the "detestable things" or "abominations" of the Jews there would result "desolations" or "appalling horrors" right up until the final destruction of those responsible. The abominations in question are the idolatrous sacrifices and offerings of the Jewish people who rejected God's permanent provision of the sacrifice of the Messiah.

The "abominations" of the Jews, i.e., their idolatrous sacrifices offered in the name of God after He has already provided the final and ultimate Sacrifice in His Son, once again brought "desolation" on their city, Jerusalem, and the temple in AD 70, when the Romans besieged and levelled the city in a massive slaughter. War led up to the final, complete destruction of Jerusalem, in 70. Desolation resulted and continued century after century for most of the subsequent 2000 years. This was the terrible punishment that God had warned Israel about in the second half of Leviticus 26. And so we can see how important this prophecy, in Daniel 9:24-27, really is, when properly interpreted. It explains why the Jewish nation has suffered so much, and for so long, with no country to call their own until 1948 and the re-birth of the State of Israel. It was not the first time God had allowed "desolations" to come upon the people of Israel. But these "desolations" since Israel rejected their Anointed One, their Messiah, their Anointed Prince, their Most Holy One, have turned out to be "a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will [again]" (Mat 24:21). Isn't it amazing how even the most tragic history makes sense, and how the pieces of the puzzle fall into place, when Scripture is carefully studied and allowed to interpret itself?

no where in the bible say Jesus will come 3 times that's unbiblical

Jesus will not come in secret and then return again.

many churches who are preaching the secret rapture and Jesuit futurism are taking part in the Vatican papacy to unite all churches and religions into a new one world religion

this is what the bible said about the second coming

2 Peter 3

The Day of the Lord
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be [d]burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Hebrews 9:28 ESV
So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

he will appear a second time not coming in secret and coming a third time

Revelation 1:7 ESV
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

and there will be no rapture of Christians. the bible say Christians will suffer tribulations and persecutions

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. Mark 13:24-27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity