U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:34 PM

14,878 posts, read 4,985,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Hannibal, you must be speaking to someone else because as I told you before, that isn't me that your describing me as. So if you quote me and represent me as someone else, I'm not going to respond to your content but will let THAT person respond.
Please forgive me, if I misrepresented you, it must be my mistake, and so correct me where I am wrong?

You believe in the Sabbaths and Holy days of Christ?

When I say the holy days of Christ, OF COURSE I am speaking of the Sabbaths and 7 feasts appointed for the visitation days of Christ, is that you?

You keep talking about how you think you can know the second coming of Christ, and OF COURSE, you are speaking of Rosh Hashanah and the fall holy days appointed for the second coming of Christ....

Let me stop here, is that your religion or not, where have I misrepresented you here?

Are you in the same religion as Jesus with his Sabbaths appointed by God, with his 7 feasts or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 297,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Please forgive me, if I misrepresented you, it must be my mistake, and so correct me where I am wrong?

You believe in the Sabbaths and Holy days of Christ?

When I say the holy days of Christ, OF COURSE I am speaking of the Sabbaths and 7 feasts appointed for the visitation days of Christ, is that you?

You keep talking about how you think you can know the second coming of Christ, and OF COURSE, you are speaking of Rosh Hashanah and the fall holy days appointed for the second coming of Christ....

Let me stop here, is that your religion or not, where have I misrepresented you here?

Are you in the same religion as Jesus with his Sabbaths appointed by God, with his 7 feasts or not?

Yes, I understand the feast days and the Sabbaths. Yes, I do keep speaking of the New Year. And yes, I do believe the Fall feast days are prophetic to sequence of events coming.

You asked where you misrepresented me - you kept saying I wasn't talking about the New Year and that I don't know that the 2nd coming in references to the New Year. It's as if you want me to specifically use the term "Rosh Hashanah" or something.

When I read the Old Testament, I don't see Judaism, I always see Christianity. I see Christ from the beginning. I speak in Christian terms.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 PM

14,878 posts, read 4,985,692 times
Quote:
Yes, I understand the feast days and the Sabbaths. Yes, I do keep speaking of the New Year. And yes, I do believe the Fall feast days are prophetic to sequence of events coming.

You asked where you misrepresented me - you kept saying I wasn't talking about the New Year and that I don't know that the 2nd coming in references to the New Year. It's as if you want me to specifically use the term "Rosh Hashanah" or something.

When I read the Old Testament, I don't see Judaism, I always see Christianity. I see Christ from the beginning. I speak in Christian terms.
O great, I didn't know you loved and accepted the appointed feast days of Christ, I am always speaking to people who reject God's holy days, change his Sabbath, and his feasts to keep pagan holy days, because frankly, how can somebody really know a worship system they don't love enough to study and keep themselves?

Now you say you know all about them, and I find that almost impossible being that I don't know all about them yet and all I have done in the last two decades is to study them and learn them, and I have yet to stop learning them....

What I keep saying is that a literal second coming is irrelevant, the second coming is when a person walks to the second coming.

Example, you use Revelation for scriptures of a second coming when the first thing in Revelation states that everything in the book of Revelation must shortly come to pass, and the last thing in the book is the fact that everything written in the book must shortly come to pass, the coming of the Lord is ALWAYS AT HAND, and we are told this.

We have to study that Christ is formed inside of us, being born again doesn't happen just because you believe in Christ, did you know that?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O great, I didn't know you loved and accepted the appointed feast days of Christ, I am always speaking to people who reject God's holy days, change his Sabbath, and his feasts to keep pagan holy days, because frankly, how can somebody really know a worship system they don't love enough to study and keep themselves?

Now you say you know all about them, and I find that almost impossible being that I don't know all about them yet and all I have done in the last two decades is to study them and learn them, and I have yet to stop learning them....

What I keep saying is that a literal second coming is irrelevant, the second coming is when a person walks to the second coming.

Example, you use Revelation for scriptures of a second coming when the first thing in Revelation states that everything in the book of Revelation must shortly come to pass, and the last thing in the book is the fact that everything written in the book must shortly come to pass, the coming of the Lord is ALWAYS AT HAND, and we are told this.

We have to study that Christ is formed inside of us, being born again doesn't happen just because you believe in Christ, did you know that?

I could go in great depth on how one become saves in a different topic if you like. I can show how Faith is the ACCESS to Grace and that because Grace has appeared unto all men, doesn't mean all are approved (Have Grace). Grace is MORE than favor, it is APPROVAL.

I want to stay on topic here because if someone believes that we cannot know the day and hour, they will not watch. It would be in vain to watch if that were the case. I want to illuminate people to the Truth that we can know the dates and times and God has provided the details to know them.

I have written a short article on it here:

Can we know the Day and the Hour of when Jesus will return? – That Day and Hour…

It covers many of the common arguments.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:24 PM

1,382 posts, read 487,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
God's Kingdom is within, and is being established within these earthen vessels, filling us with peace to the degree we are able to realize and experience that.

Beware of the Greeks bearing peace offerings. Jeremiah 6:14

Jeremiah…13“For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain. From prophet to priest, all practice deceit. 14They have dressed the wound of My people with very little care, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all. 15Were they ashamed of the abomination they committed? No, they were not at all ashamed. They did not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they will collapse,” says the LORD.…

The "kingdom" within is one of power and Spirit. Yeshua did not come to bring peace but a sword.

No Peace (Matthew 10:34-36) - "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 "For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.".

Old 09-13-2018, 10:32 AM

10,686 posts, read 2,729,717 times
Quote:
Unless one is watching, they wont know the things that have been warned about.
How many different people (on the 'world stage') have you seen, that have supernatural abilities and performs them for crowds of people?

Ive yet to see ONE SINGLE person in my lifetime, that fits this description.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How many different people (on the 'world stage') have you seen, that have supernatural abilities and performs them for crowds of people?

Ive yet to see ONE SINGLE person in my lifetime, that fits this description.

Give me an example of what you would consider supernatural?

Old 09-14-2018, 06:44 AM

10,686 posts, read 2,729,717 times
Quote:
Give me an example of what you would consider supernatural?
In reference to the ACs abilities, the bible uses 'calling fire down from heaven' as one example.

Ive seen plenty of very charismatic evangelists do their thing on stage for large crowds, but have never seen anyone 'calling fire down from the sky'!

Old 09-16-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In reference to the ACs abilities, the bible uses 'calling fire down from heaven' as one example.

Ive seen plenty of very charismatic evangelists do their thing on stage for large crowds, but have never seen anyone 'calling fire down from the sky'!

I haven't seen those miracles myself. I know that the former miracles were done as a 'type'.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:41 PM

3,683 posts, read 1,141,566 times
Quote:
I haven't seen those miracles myself. I know that the former miracles were done as a 'type'.
May I ask if you are an elderly person over the age of 70?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity